PDA

View Full Version : Donating blood on trt

benlash74
04-14-2016, 03:19 PM
So I got this guy at work who also is on trt and I asked him if he was donating blood because of the possibility of high rbc. He comes back in today and tells me his buddy who is some awesome bodybuilding guru said I'm a dick for donating because some little kid will get my blood and be messed up for life. Apparently this guy has been on aas since he was 14 and is now 38 and never gave blood. He is also the one who has him on Nolvadex at 20mgs a day every day. I've done pleny of research and learn more and more every day and think this dude is an idiot, although he showed me a pic of the dude and he looks kinda big. But it seems the guy is doing everything backwards from what I've read and been practicing. I would love to here about his cycles. He told him 250mgsa week of equipoise is plenty for solid gains and 250mgs a week of test is perfect for a cycle. Am I nuts or idoes this dude know some crazy secret code? My biggest concern isn't whether he is a knucklehead but is he right about the blood donation? If given to say a 12 year old girl can it mess her up?

Bullseye Forever
04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
So I got this guy at work who also is on trt and I asked him if he was donating blood because of the possibility of high rbc. He comes back in today and tells me his buddy who is some awesome bodybuilding guru said I'm a dick for donating because some little kid will get my blood and be messed up for life. Apparently this guy has been on aas since he was 14 and is now 38 and never gave blood. He is also the one who has him on Nolvadex at 20mgs a day every day. I've done pleny of research and learn more and more every day and think this dude is an idiot, although he showed me a pic of the dude and he looks kinda big. But it seems the guy is doing everything backwards from what I've read and been practicing. I would love to here about his cycles. He told him 250mgsa week of equipoise is plenty for solid gains and 250mgs a week of test is perfect for a cycle. Am I nuts or idoes this dude know some crazy secret code? My biggest concern isn't whether he is a knucklehead but is he right about the blood donation? If given to say a 12 year old girl can it mess her up?

Sounds like this moron is smart as they come,don't know what school of thought he gives his opinions and facts lol

I've been on TRT for nearly 10 years and I donate a lot keeps my RBC down

Thaistick
04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
They spin all contaminants out of the blood. Continue to donate.

benlash74
04-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Sounds like this moron is smart as they come,don't know what school of thought he gives his opinions and facts lol

Haven't met the guy but heard enough about him to realize he sounds like a dick. He told him to tell me I'm an asshole for donating my tainted blood. Hopefully there is no truth to this. I would hate to do that to anyone.

benlash74
04-14-2016, 03:37 PM
They spin all contaminants out of the blood. Continue to donate.

That's what I told him because I asked the nurse and she had said something similar to that. But I am far from a doctor.

Bullseye Forever
04-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Haven't met the guy but heard enough about him to realize he sounds like a dick. He told him to tell me I'm an asshole for donating my tainted blood. Hopefully there is no truth to this. I would hate to do that to anyone.

They all test the donated blood for a lot of things before storing and using it,I mean I just can't see them not doing something to make sure that's all blood is clear before giving it to someone else

Livelaughlift
04-14-2016, 03:49 PM
The amount of steroids in our system on trt or cycle will only amount for a fraction when donating a whole pint... They don't clean or test for aas to my knowledge but there is zero harm if a 12 year old girl gets our blood

kawa636
04-14-2016, 03:50 PM

couldnt have said it anymore clear then wat bullseye did lol. keep donating bro, my gf use to work at one and like thaistick said they spin it out.that guy is mis informing ur friend. imo.

benlash74
04-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks fellas. I thought I was right but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Lol

ggandb
04-14-2016, 05:16 PM
This guy definitely sounds misinformed, my Dr. tells me to donate.

Thaistick
04-14-2016, 08:01 PM
That's what I told him because I asked the nurse and she had said something similar to that. But I am far from a doctor.
Well I'm not a doctor but I pretend to be one on the Internet.

JB ROBO
04-14-2016, 09:20 PM
You are good to donate man. There is no chance of messing up some kid.

Now about thise dude. I think everyone will jump and say WHAT AN IDIOT! Keep in mind your comparing old school to new school. Things are different. The dude does what he knows. Nolvadex was the thing back then. They didnt have all these other options we have today. They didnt donate blood like we do today because it truly is NOT needed although its the healthy thing to do. Plus back then idk what tech was around for donating blood like we do now. Maybe you really would trash some kid doing it then. Idk.

What works for some doesnt work for all. What works for all wont work for some. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldnt say he is an idiot. He is just on a different path and following what he knows. You ever think about teaching an old person to skype call? They would look at you like your fucking stupid. Same kinda deal I think.

Your doing whats right man. Keep donating. Your kidneys will appreciate it. So will plenty of soldiers and other people who need it.

SimpleAddar
04-14-2016, 09:42 PM
You'll be fine

LukeWalker
04-20-2016, 04:52 PM
My local blood center will not allow donation if they know its TRT related. If the Dr orders the phlebotomy its listed as medical therapeutic TRT reason. Which then cost me 40$. most expensive bottle of orange juice I've ever had!

I can see some issued with hormones being high. But know this a 7 year old girl could get a 17 year old male blood donation. Vast difference in those natural levels.

Bullseye Forever
04-22-2016, 01:04 AM
My local blood center will not allow donation if they know its TRT related. If the Dr orders the phlebotomy its listed as medical therapeutic TRT reason. Which then cost me 40$. most expensive bottle of orange juice I've ever had!

I can see some issued with hormones being high. But know this a 7 year old girl could get a 17 year old male blood donation. Vast difference in those natural levels.

They clean your blood before they donate it are they are supposed to

LukeWalker
05-02-2016, 12:58 PM
How do they clean blood from all the various hormones? Estrogen, prolactin, progeseterone, test, lh, fsh..... ?

They told me the blood would be disposed of and not donated. I wouldn't think or hope they wouldn't throw out blood if it could be cleaned and used.

Freakenstien
06-12-2016, 06:58 PM

I was on TRT for 3 years. I told them that when I gave blood that I was on TRT. They were fine with it.