PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Daddy-o
04-23-2016, 10:14 AM
So I'm 47 yrs old. Hadn't been to dr in forever. Wife hounding me so I gave in for checkup. I felt like my test level was probably low. Took all the online quizzes and they all said I was low. I attributed symptoms on my lifestyle. Work 12 hr night shifts. Stress. Kids. Normal things that we deal with.Talked to the Dr about symptoms and she had labs done. They didn't look that bad but she thought I could benefit from weekly testosterone injections. Told me to give it a try. She wanted to get my test level up to around 900. She put me on 100mg q weekly of test cyponate. She also added weekly injections of trilicity to help me with some of the belly weight. I don't go back until August for next appt with labs. I have been lifting again for over a hr. I would like to do a run of testosterone. My question is how long will it take me to get back to pre cycle levels. Would like to be at my normal when I go back? Do I have time for a cycle? I really don't want to piss the Dr off. She's been good to me. Insurance pays for all but copay at office and she got the insurance to pay for most of the testosterone cyponate. Only cost me 10 dollars q month for it. I dont plan on pct, I was just gonna go back to my 100mg q weekly.

My pre trt labs

test level 489
Free Test 5.82
Dehydroepiandrosterone 342
Estradiol 28.2
Human sex hormone binding globulin 73
Insulin-like Growth factor 1 67

thanks in advance

JohnDoe
04-23-2016, 10:55 AM
If I were in your shoes - which I'm not currently, but I have been...I would probably buy some additional test cyp and start pinning 200mg/week instead of just the 100mg per week. I would yield on the side of caution and stop at the end of June and proceed with the prescribed 100mg per week. That gives your body at least 4 weeks to readjust and the additional test to fall off.

The other option is, if you've never been on testosterone injections at all - you might just wanna try the 100mg per week and see how that makes you feel before throwing in additional test Cyp.

bulk_cut
04-23-2016, 01:06 PM
What JD said ^^^^

bro2016
04-25-2016, 02:54 AM
Bro, I was in your situation about 3 years ago. My advice to you is to let your doctor bring up your test level to 900. You need to wait before you jump on self-therapy for several reasons: 1. you don't know what side effects you are going to encounter with the test injections. 2. The balance between test level and estradiol level is difficult to obtain! 3. You may be happy at 900! I waited 2 years before I even thought about self medicating and my test level was 150! You sound like you have a good doctor that is willing to help....trust me there isn't many around. Take care!

benlash74
04-25-2016, 03:01 AM
I definitely agree with the brothers here. Give it a few weeks to a month and see how you feel. 900 is a good level and she may even up the dose to get you there. Sounds like your doctor is taking good care of you. Let her do her thing for a bit before you jump in head first.