PDA

View Full Version : Removing identifying info from photos- meta data.

ashton77
04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
i thought this is very relevant to a site like this. so whenever you take a photo, the file itself will have meta data built into it. this meta data can contain GPS co-ordinates, where and how the photo was taken and a whole host of other info that could be used to identify you. There was this hacker who would post photos of his girlfriends boob on a site that he had just destroyed. He didn't remove the meta data and is now in a federal prison. It makes alot of sense to remove all this potentially incriminating info before uploading any of your photos to a site like this. google meta data remover, its not to hard to do.

PAiN
04-26-2016, 06:49 PM
This is good practice to do. With the way technology is progressing it will start storing more and more data with every picture you take.

This site removes that data as well as let's you blur out anything incriminating at the same time.

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/member-pix/22274-facepixelizer-pixelate-blur-anonymize-online-image-editor.html

JohnDoe
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks for this PAiN! I will be using this! Shit...need to take down my pics and run them thru that shit first.

PS. Another reminder - You're supposed to be working on the UserCP today! =)

Bruiser1611
04-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Yeah I need to get on that thanks

ashton77
05-24-2016, 04:13 AM
it aint much fun scrubbing hard drives from years ago. nobody is ever perfect; just make sure your better than the low hanging fruit.

dorianyates
06-15-2016, 02:54 PM
This is good practice to do. With the way technology is progressing it will start storing more and more data with every picture you take.

This site removes that data as well as let's you blur out anything incriminating at the same time.

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/member-pix/22274-facepixelizer-pixelate-blur-anonymize-online-image-editor.html
Really good info, Am going to be using this! Thank you PAIN ;)

pupu
08-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Great info...

[QUOTE=PAiN;387194]This is good practice to do. With the way technology is progressing it will start storing more and more data with every picture you take.

Delta5
08-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Ok, do we have to remove all pics from profile, avatar, etc...clean em then reload onto our profiles...or ?? Can be done without starting over...so to speak ?