PDA

View Full Version : Quad injury

J-city
05-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the tendon that's directly above the knee? I'm having crazy pain from that bitch. I'm not sure what I've done but it's killing my leg workout. I've had the gym therapist massaging it. He found some knots but it's not seeming to be going away anytime soon. This has been months now. I continue to work my legs but I can't even come close to the I intensity I'm used to. PLEASE Help a Brother out if possible

bulk_cut
05-27-2016, 06:21 AM
It's not the tendon above your knee it's either a tight IT-Band that has a LOT of trigged points and knots and needs to be foam rolled out from your hip all the way down the side of your leg to your knee and/or its a weak VMO and you need to concentrate on strengthening it when you to do quad extensions.

The pain you are feeling is because either one or both of those problems is causing your knee cap to not track properly!!

J-city
05-27-2016, 02:45 PM
No pain in my knee cap. I understand what you're saying though. I'll continue to try the strengthening exercises that the therapist suggested. Much appreciation bulk_cut !

bulk_cut
05-28-2016, 01:27 AM

I wasn't saying there was pain in your knee cap I was saying the problems are causing your knee cap to not track properly and that's causing referred pain. Here are screen shots showing what your problem is - two have captions on top you should read! You have trigger points in your VMO that needs to be worked out by foam rolling it then you need to strengthen it. You can either take my advice and get better OR don't and stay the way you are. It's completely up to you!!

J-city
05-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Easy big fella. Damn straight I'm going to take your advice. I'm only good at fucking shit up. I appreciate your time bulk_cut.