PDA

View Full Version : Diet Help Please

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Hey guys I'm quite over weight and need some diet advice..
182cm and was recently 118KG.. Carrying some muscle.. Guessing I should be some where around 90kg?? Always had issue shaking fat.
Recently decided to sort it.. Grabbed some Duromine.. Now down to 111.
Went from gut size 127cm to 117cm now.

For obvious reasons I don't think I shouldnt drop too much more weight too fast..
So am now thinking of slowing down the weight loss. Perhaps sitting on 2000 calories per day. Remember my main goal is fat loss at the moment.. But with that calorie intake it will take over a year to reach my goal weight. That's a year with out building muscle.

Other options is sit on maintenance level and use weights and exercise to change body composition. But how longs it going to take to lose the fat?

Perhaps I cold sit on that for a while, then do another couple of weeks of fast weight drop? Then back up to that maintenance level again?

Thoughts please?

Obviously I'll step up cardio to help things along..

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Another question regarding diet.. Am I right there are only really two choices?

If one likes a varied diet, then count calories is a must.

Othewise if I don't like the thought of counting calories (a real pain in the ass), the only other option is to have a set menue, or eat the same food every day that I already know the calories of?

Clutch7
06-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Hey guys I'm quite over weight and need some diet advice..
182cm and was recently 118KG.. Carrying some muscle.. Guessing I should be some where around 90kg?? Always had issue shaking fat.
Recently decided to sort it.. Grabbed some Duromine.. Now down to 111.
Went from gut size 127cm to 117cm now.

For obvious reasons I don't think I shouldnt drop too much more weight too fast..
So am now thinking of slowing down the weight loss. Perhaps sitting on 2000 calories per day. Remember my main goal is fat loss at the moment.. But with that calorie intake it will take over a year to reach my goal weight. That's a year with out building muscle.

Other options is sit on maintenance level and use weights and exercise to change body composition. But how longs it going to take to lose the fat?

Perhaps I cold sit on that for a while, then do another couple of weeks of fast weight drop? Then back up to that maintenance level again?

Thoughts please?

Obviously I'll step up cardio to help things along..

a good drawn out plan will help you. i do meal plans for clients but I'm not allowed to on here because I'm not a sponsor. go check out our meal prep coach who will guide you. BA COACHING.

to answer some of your questions... you should always lift weights. weights + cardio + healthy eating=weight loss and lean muscle gain.

fast and drastic weight loss is not good for your body or your health especially using drugs to lose it quickly.

your body will change depending on how much you want it.

your body changes in the kitchen. need to commit to a healthy lifestyle first and forehand.

good luck to you buddy.

Clutch7
06-08-2016, 10:15 PM
heres link : click this (http://brotherhoodofpain.com/forum278/)

PAiN
06-08-2016, 10:21 PM
What's your entire diet for the last 24 hours?

The best way to do this is log calories. If you don't know how much your consuming then you don't know how much to take away to lose weight.

Keeping track is the smartest thing to do. Apps now make this process more simple than ever.

Mountain-Man
06-08-2016, 10:58 PM
a good drawn out plan will help you. i do meal plans for clients but I'm not allowed to on here because I'm not a sponsor. go check out our meal prep coach who will guide you. BA COACHING.

to answer some of your questions... you should always lift weights. weights + cardio + healthy eating=weight loss and lean muscle gain.

fast and drastic weight loss is not good for your body or your health especially using drugs to lose it quickly.

your body will change depending on how much you want it.

your body changes in the kitchen. need to commit to a healthy lifestyle first and forehand.

good luck to you buddy.
This brother knows his shit he is gonna give u solid advise

JohnDoe
06-08-2016, 11:32 PM
There is no way around it - you need to count the calories. I'm on a meal plan and eat the same shit every fucking day (I do have a cheat day once every 2 weeks to keep sanity).

If you want to see what a meal plan looks like go see the FIRST PAGE of my Training, Diet, & Dosing log...it's in another section of the forum. I'll be uploading the newest meal plan I'm currently running with a reduced calorie intake of approx 2000 Cals per day. Third meal plan I'll be dropping to 1800 Cals...as long as you stick to the meal plan and training routine - it will work. Perseverance and dedication will pay off eventually.

I was counting calories before with MyFitnessPal..at first it seems like a very meticulous and annoying process but it gets as easy as sending a text message after a couple weeks.

For whatever reason, I still log my calories daily on it out of habit - even though the calories are the same day in and day out lol.

I'm fluffy in the mid section as well and trying to shed fat. I just started using T3 to accelerate this process.

Best of luck to you!!

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 11:44 PM
What's your entire diet for the last 24 hours?

The best way to do this is log calories. If you don't know how much your consuming then you don't know how much to take away to lose weight.

Keeping track is the smartest thing to do. Apps now make this process more simple than ever.

I am going to start using my fitness pal again, but its a pain in the ass constantly having to use it. There is a guy in our gym in his mid 60s big build and ripped with abbs showing. Said he has been like that for over 30 years and follows the exact same diet. He never counts calories so it can be done.

BUT as said, he eats the same food every day. One example was Tuna, broccoli and a boiled potato for tea. He says he eats exactly the same food every day at exactly the same time. I asked what he does to flavour his food and he stated, "taste does not come in to it" How the hell do you go a life time eating like that?

My diet is not an example of what I will be eating so its kind of pointless posting it. I intend on changing my diet. One of the reasons I asked on here.
In the last few weeks I have been having one meal a day. But I run out of grunt in the gym so have had to get some decent meals in the last 24 hours. I'm more than happy I can sort my own food. I have the knowledge. I'm really more interested in know what others do?

Do you eat the exact same meals every day so that you know what your calorie intake is going to be? Or do you change it up? Do you have set meal plans?
Or do you count calories 24/7.. I guess that's what I really need to know..

The meal plan I am intending to be on will include intermittent fasting. I cant and wont eat breakfast. It will include veges, fruit and clean meats ie: not to fatty. And will cut out simple carbs. I will use an online calculator to help work out calories and macronutrients. So all good there.

Again, just wondered how others approach their diet? Stick to the same same diet? Or change it up and count calories for the rest of your life?

Sit on maintenance level and use building muscle and exercise to lose the fat, or sit at deficit calorie intake? Or perhaps just under?

Probably pointless posint my last 24 hour diet as its not a guide to what diet I intend to follow.. (just getting diet sorted now) First step was wondering how others approach their diet..

But just for the hell of it since you asked.

Breakfast - large coffee made with milk.
Lunch - Bun (shell) with bread inside scooped out. Venison Tomato and hummus.
Tea - Roast venison with kumara and broccoli
Snacks - 1 Apple and 1 Persimmon and 1 protein shake.

Breakfast today - Large coffee made with slim milk
Lunch - left over Venison roast and Sweet Potato.

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Aha, as I thought.. Stick to a meal plan so I know my calories.. Man I take my hat off to you. The same meals every day.. How the hell do you guys do it. That's mental fortitude for you. I guess its all depends oh how bad I want those abbs to show.. Hell pushing weights is the easy part.. Its the damn diet that is so bloody hard. I think you have to be mentally pretty tough to stick to a diet of the same food every day for years..

I eat a massive variety of food but it does become a real pain in the ass adding it to my fitness pal all the time. I really couldn't see others taking this approach. Its too time consuming.. Ok, looks like I'm going to have to knuckle down and start eating the same foods every day so I know what my calories are..

Thank you JohnDoe. I really appreciate the reply. This was the info I needed.

JohnDoe
06-08-2016, 11:50 PM
I would cutout the apple and anything else that has sugars in it. Yes it's fruit and is healthy to eat - but has sugar/carbs in it which is no Bueno for fat loss. Try using romaine hearts instead of bread or the shell of a bun...

You need to eat something for breakfast - I know it's hard trust me because I was the same way. After a month of forcing myself I am now hungry when I wake up and want to eat.

My breakfast usually consists of 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal..put in a bowl...1 cup of water..microwave for 2 minutes...throw in some stevia...and eat either 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs... I switch it up every now and then.

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 11:51 PM
There is no way around it - you need to count the calories. I'm on a meal plan and eat the same shit every fucking day (I do have a cheat day once every 2 weeks to keep sanity).

If you want to see what a meal plan looks like go see the FIRST PAGE of my Training, Diet, & Dosing log...it's in another section of the forum. I'll be uploading the newest meal plan I'm currently running with a reduced calorie intake of approx 2000 Cals per day. Third meal plan I'll be dropping to 1800 Cals...as long as you stick to the meal plan and training routine - it will work. Perseverance and dedication will pay off eventually.

I was counting calories before with MyFitnessPal..at first it seems like a very meticulous and annoying process but it gets as easy as sending a text message after a couple weeks.

For whatever reason, I still log my calories daily on it out of habit - even though the calories are the same day in and day out lol.

I'm fluffy in the mid section as well and trying to shed fat. I just started using T3 to accelerate this process.

Best of luck to you!!

Re T3 or gear. I have had a lazy year off the gym so will need get my strength and some size back before considering this. But will look at doing something along those lines later.. cheers

Freakenstien
06-08-2016, 11:54 PM
I would cutout the apple and anything else that has sugars in it. Yes it's fruit and is healthy to eat - but has sugar/carbs in it which is no Bueno for fat loss. Try using romaine hearts instead of bread or the shell of a bun...

You need to eat something for breakfast - I know it's hard trust me because I was the same way. After a month of forcing myself I am now hungry when I wake up and want to eat.

My breakfast usually consists of 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal..put in a bowl...1 cup of water..microwave for 2 minutes...throw in some stevia...and eat either 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs... I switch it up every now and then.

Google intermittent fast.. Breakfast isn't required. Nor is eating several small meals a day. I think that myth has been busted a long time ago. Yes I will need to cut all bread out. never heard of a Romaine heart.. Will look in to it. thanks..

PAiN
06-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Of course it can be done without counting calories daily, but for a novice\beginner when it comes to diet and anyone needing advice it is the only way to train yourself so consistently that you will not need to do it anymore. It will become second nature and in your head you can tell what and when you need to add or take away from a meal. It takes time bro, but it is worth it. Start with the basics and that is counting calories. We all started there and I guarantee your friend in the gym training for 30 years started the same way.

PAiN
06-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Google intermittent fast.. Breakfast isn't required. Nor is eating several small meals a day. I think that myth has been busted a long time ago. Yes I will need to cut all bread out. never heard of a Romaine heart.. Will look in to it. thanks..

Don't overthink it and over read articles on the internet bro. Go watch any bodybuilding movie or go up to any big ass guy in the gym or pro and ask him if he eats breakfast.

Stick with the basics and tried and true methods.

Ezekiel bread is actually good in your diet.

JohnDoe
06-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Don't overthink it and over read articles on the internet bro. Go watch any bodybuilding movie or go up to any big ass guy in the gym or pro and ask him if he eats breakfast.

Stick with the basics and tried and true methods.

Ezekiel bread is actually good in your diet.

Ezekiel bread is still carbs - so for me...I cut it out FOR NOW. Once I'm at a maintenance level I'll add it back in...you can still lose fat while eating bread if it's limited and you stay within caloric range needed to create a deficit.

I just went balls to the wall and cut out all types of breads.

Paradox
06-09-2016, 01:15 AM
Don't skip the muscle building bro.. it may make it harder to measure your progress as muscle carries weight but i really think just diet and cardio without weights is a bad idea. Remember muscle just existing there burns calories. So apart from the physical aspect it actually helps with your goals. Even if you just keep it simple, chest, back, squats and deads + cardio and diet. You will feel much better and look better too

jtip1810
06-09-2016, 04:15 PM
All good advice here, same meals every day bro this is how most of us do it maybe a little variation here and there but not much. Don't skip breakfast and eat 6 times per day to keep that metabolism going strong. I would guarantee you that once you put together a completely clean diet 2500cals is a lot of food and you will have a hard time eating it all at first. Bro the hard part making this a lifestyle choice, remember your in this for the long haul not a few months time otherwise whats the use. Good luck with everything bro, John's making some good progress right now take a look at his log maybe a good starting point for you. I wouldn't take your carbs as low as his right off the bat though, I don't know how he does that one under 100carbs and I'll be irritable as hell lol.

JohnDoe
06-09-2016, 07:11 PM
All good advice here, same meals every day bro this is how most of us do it maybe a little variation here and there but not much. Don't skip breakfast and eat 6 times per day to keep that metabolism going strong. I would guarantee you that once you put together a completely clean diet 2500cals is a lot of food and you will have a hard time eating it all at first. Bro the hard part making this a lifestyle choice, remember your in this for the long haul not a few months time otherwise whats the use. Good luck with everything bro, John's making some good progress right now take a look at his log maybe a good starting point for you. I wouldn't take your carbs as low as his right off the bat though, I don't know how he does that one under 100carbs and I'll be irritable as hell lol.

And here I thought it was the Tren making me irritable....hahahah jk

Clutch7
06-11-2016, 04:14 AM
Just want to chime in on your intermittent fasting...

in my offseason, I do fast. I eat from 12-7 and YES it does work. BUT- let me explain. It will only work for those who will stick to it. The first 2 weeks are miserable and most people give up and say it doesn't work. It does work. But if you cheat yourself, you're doing more harm than good. I cheat once per week- a whole day. Not cakes and pies and whatever you want. Usually I eat turkey burgers, homemade sweet potato fries, sweet potato pancakes, etc.

for you, since you're starting out new, I wouldn't recommend fasting. It's not for everyone.

Starting off eating small healthy meals 5-6 times per day will benefit you greatly. I'm different and weird. I mix shit up because I do get tired of eating the same stuff everyday but I've been doing this for years and know my body and what foods benefit me and those that don't.

Stick to the basics and most importantly... trust the procwas. It'll take months, years, to achieve that dream body. But the hard work will eventually pay off. You have to start somewhere.

Freakenstien
06-12-2016, 01:55 AM
Just want to chime in on your intermittent fasting...

in my offseason, I do fast. I eat from 12-7 and YES it does work. BUT- let me explain. It will only work for those who will stick to it. The first 2 weeks are miserable and most people give up and say it doesn't work. It does work. But if you cheat yourself, you're doing more harm than good. I cheat once per week- a whole day. Not cakes and pies and whatever you want. Usually I eat turkey burgers, homemade sweet potato fries, sweet potato pancakes, etc.

for you, since you're starting out new, I wouldn't recommend fasting. It's not for everyone.

Starting off eating small healthy meals 5-6 times per day will benefit you greatly. I'm different and weird. I mix shit up because I do get tired of eating the same stuff everyday but I've been doing this for years and know my body and what foods benefit me and those that don't.

Stick to the basics and most importantly... trust the procwas. It'll take months, years, to achieve that dream body. But the hard work will eventually pay off. You have to start somewhere.

Intermittent fasting isn't hard. I have been doing it for years and yes i know it works. The whole concept of eating breakfast was invented by the cereal breakfast companies. Its a big con job to sell more of their products. I haven't eaten breakfast in years. My first meal of the day is between 11.am and 12ish.

Telling people they have to eat breakfast is quite a bad idea. In fact it causes many to be over weight. Its a often main contributor for obesity in some people. . I was refraining from these comments as I know this may lead to a big shit fight which I'm not interested in. But well I guess i got to tell it like it really is.

I have been very overweight most my life and eating breakfast was one of the main contributors. If I eat no breakfast, I stay clear headed, focused and feel alive. Its helps to get me moving. If I eat breakfast, it sets me up for a miserable day. I feel like shit. I feel tired and lethargic and don't feel like doing a thing. Until I realised this was a big issue, I would often spend the day on the couch watching tv.. Wouldn't feel like going to the gym even. It also set me up to binge eat.

It wasn't until i googled "why does breakfast make me sick" one day, that a light came on. I realised I wasn't alone. This was a very common phenomenon. Google, "why does breakfast make me lethargic" as one example. When I finally started skipping breakfast it changed my life. I'm still over weight but have dropped much weight since the breakfast days. For many breakfast is a bad idea and I will never go back to eating breakfast.

Re diet, I'm not new to bodybuilding diet. I have done the 6 small meals a day thing and its a real chore. In the end I changed to a diet of 4 meals a day still getting all my needed macro's and for the first time in my life actually got to the stage where I could almost see my abbs for the first time in my life. Then i got a damn shoulder injury which stopped my training.. So I'm not new to it all. So I'm fine with my diet and timing of diet.. The main reason I started this post was really to find out how some people managed to train and keep in shape, and still build muscle with out counting calories. I wondered if it came down to eating the same food day in day out as then you know how many calories you are getting.. That is a diet I have yet to try. The same food, day in day out..

That's the part I'm really going to struggle with and unfortunately its not the part any one can help me with. Makes it even harder that I'm the family cook.

As I said, you guys amaze me. How the hell do you stick to the same diet day in, day out. I guess its what I'm going to have to do though as I cant see myself going back to years of counting calories. At least now with such a varied diet..

I do appreciate your guys advice. I will follow the advice of counting calories and sticking to the same meal plans until i can get to a point know what cals I'm eating. But as said, god I don't know how you guys manage it. This isn't going to be easy.. I think its the hardest part of weights.. The dreaded diet..
Guess I'm going to have to learn to love it lol. Cheers for the help everyone..

Freakenstien
06-15-2016, 07:54 AM
If you want to see what a meal plan looks like go see the FIRST PAGE of my Training, Diet, & Dosing log...it's in another section of the forum. I'll be uploading the newest meal plan I'm currently running with a reduced calorie intake of approx 2000 Cals per day. Third meal plan I'll be dropping to 1800 Cals
Best of luck to you!!
Hey mate, can you point me to your diet log please?

darkvader
06-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you need a moderate protein diet low carb and moderate fat to improve your insulin sensitivity. When we do this your body will not only burn fat but be able to utilize energy and nutrients better into cells. You would get lean and grow by using a high carb or "refeed" day. If you want to know more I can help you.

krishnanayak
08-02-2016, 05:30 AM
This was a really outstanding post. In theory I'd like to compose like this too - taking time and real effort to make a solid post.

Freakenstien
08-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Sounds like you need a moderate protein diet low carb and moderate fat to improve your insulin sensitivity. When we do this your body will not only burn fat but be able to utilize energy and nutrients better into cells. You would get lean and grow by using a high carb or "refeed" day. If you want to know more I can help you.
Hi.. That is the diet im currently following.. cheers..

jackson03
08-12-2016, 12:11 PM
A really good one is the juice fast, you shouldn't do it for an extended amount of time. Every time you are hungry go for the juice, now I'm talking real juice like, Tropicana fresh Squeezed or something similar to that. You can also eat fruits, but avoid carb filled fruits such as bananas.