PDA

View Full Version : Filtering

bang
06-18-2016, 03:24 AM
My last run I used a 45um syringe filter with a 20 gauge pin on the other end. ?I used the finished product in a warm state and it went thru the filtering apparatus pretty good for the first 2 10ml bottles and then it was very hard to push it thru. Was it becoz I was using a 20 guage pin or should I use a bigger pin(18 guage)? BTW which filter would allow more through put, a 45um 13mm or a 45um 33mm....all info requested is for a Syringe Filter apparatus

SearingHigh
06-19-2016, 09:06 AM
No its because your 45um filter can only take so much
A 44/33mm fills and flows faster due to Surface area

Lincoln
06-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Normaly 0.22um is the best for injection.this will be he'll of job to filter. I don't use a needle on the end of the syringfilter..also going to try a filter unit what should speed up the filtering . 33mm is best way to go also use syringe of 50-60ml

tutela1
06-21-2016, 11:34 PM
You must use .22um for filtering this type of conversion. For those that do not know this, spores can go through a filter larger than the .22um, please if using either kind of filter for this type of conversion use the .22. The last thing you want is sepsis or risk sepsis shock with an abscess of pus brought on by NOT using a smaller filter than you are using.
If you don't believe me startpage images of sepsis brought into an er. I have seen more than my fair share of some very nasty infections, and abscesses.

tutela1
06-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Please for your safety and Especially if anyone but you are going to being using what you blend up.

**ALSO, if using solvents with anything other than ba & bb like gcol you must use a CR filter or the filter will melt and pieces of tiny plastic will be in your solvent & solute solution. These may not be visible to the naked eye.