PDA

View Full Version : Question on Test Levels

KyBlueBlood
07-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Hey Bros;

I'm 46 and was diagnosed with low T. Very low. My doc said I have the t of an 85 year old lady. He thinks a lot of it had to do with illness as a child. I had mumps, he thinks that may be a cause- that and age. Anyway, he is old school. He isn't totally for TRT. He prescribed me 200 test cyp once EVERY TWO WEEKS. He wouldn't let me self inject. Said it was a controlled substance blah, blah, blah. He's been my doc for 36 of my 46 years.

So, he has me picking up my prescription and bringing it to his office. I go and his staff sticks me. One good thing is I have great insurance. I can get the 2,000 bottle of cyp for $6. He gives me five refills every 6 months or so. But, I can't refill every month. More like every six to eight weeks.

Two months ago I said "what the hell" and self prescribed myself 400 a week- two shots a week. This has lasted for 6 weeks. Bad thing is I'm out of test and out of refills. I didn't notice the script ran out until it was already too late. Bummer

My doc is wanting blood work before he will prescribe any more. My question is how long should I wait to go back in and get tested? I don't want my levels to be too high.

Sorry I'm so long winded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charger
08-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Hey Bros;

I'm 46 and was diagnosed with low T. Very low. My doc said I have the t of an 85 year old lady. He thinks a lot of it had to do with illness as a child. I had mumps, he thinks that may be a cause- that and age. Anyway, he is old school. He isn't totally for TRT. He prescribed me 200 test cyp once EVERY TWO WEEKS. He wouldn't let me self inject. Said it was a controlled substance blah, blah, blah. He's been my doc for 36 of my 46 years.

So, he has me picking up my prescription and bringing it to his office. I go and his staff sticks me. One good thing is I have great insurance. I can get the 2,000 bottle of cyp for $6. He gives me five refills every 6 months or so. But, I can't refill every month. More like every six to eight weeks.

Two months ago I said "what the hell" and self prescribed myself 400 a week- two shots a week. This has lasted for 6 weeks. Bad thing is I'm out of test and out of refills. I didn't notice the script ran out until it was already too late. Bummer

My doc is wanting blood work before he will prescribe any more. My question is how long should I wait to go back in and get tested? I don't want my levels to be too high.

I am on the same try dose as you. When I up my dose which is usually 500mg/wk, I usually wait 4 weeks after my last shot and I'm good. Not saying that will work for everyone but it has always worked for me.

kubes
08-15-2016, 10:20 PM
Go back to your trt dose for 6 weeks

NycBaldGuy
08-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Maybe have a heart to heart with your doctor and try to educate him on why 200mgs every two weeks is no good for stable blood levels. If you approach the topic and him without hurting his doctor ego...he may be receptive to learning something...something that will ultimately help you. (Which is what a doctor should really want anyway)

kujo
09-10-2016, 03:16 AM
Maybe have a heart to heart with your doctor and try to educate him on why 200mgs every two weeks is no good for stable blood levels. If you approach the topic and him without hurting his doctor ego...he may be receptive to learning something...something that will ultimately help you. (Which is what a doctor should really want anyway)

Good luck with that.

Jay0536
09-28-2016, 12:50 AM
I'm on the same dose and just started cycling at 500mg a week. I was gonna ask the same question. My dr will not change mine either so I will have to sneak cycles in between blood work.

vzzbks
02-19-2017, 06:12 PM
what are your test levels on that dose?
if they're not where they should be (600-800) then you have a case to argue going 200mg every week. if he says no, find another dr or get some UG test on the side to supplement your prescription.
I went to my dr and he did a blood test, came back 366 which is normal for an 80yr old man. he prescribed me 200mg once a week.
Are you saying you pay $6 for a 10ml vial? I pay $20 for a 1ml vial!!

vzzbks
02-19-2017, 06:24 PM
if he won't increase the dose another option would be to go 100mg every week instead of 200mg every 2 weeks. that will help even out the spikes and lows and keep the blood levels more consistent

reedcusa
02-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Same situation as OP and this is what I've done, going UGL. For me it's not worth the bullshit trying to educate and any Dr. who prescribes 200mg every 2 weeks and makes you come in for shot is clueless and just going by AMA guidelines. Can I ask where your getting 1ml vials for $20 VZZBKS?

[QUOTE=vzzbks;506661]what are your test levels on that dose?
if they're not where they should be (600-800) then you have a case to argue going 200mg every week. if he says no, find another dr or get some UG test on the side to supplement your prescription.
I went to my dr and he did a blood test, came back 366 which is normal for an 80yr old man. he prescribed me 200mg once a week.
Are you saying you pay $6 for a 10ml vial? I pay $20 for a 1ml vial!

vzzbks
02-19-2017, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=reedcusa;506670]Same situation as OP and this is what I've done, going UGL. For me it's not worth the bullshit trying to educate and any Dr. who prescribes 200mg every 2 weeks and makes you come in for shot is clueless and just going by AMA guidelines. Can I ask where your getting 1ml vials for $20 VZZBKS?

Walgreens

Woods
02-19-2017, 07:48 PM
I would buy my own and run 300mgs every week an screw the doctor .

Bigjonstud
02-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Hey Bros;

Hey I'm on trt as well it usually takes three weeks after you last dose for it to bottom out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

KyBlueBlood
02-20-2017, 12:18 AM
Hey I'm on trt as well it usually takes three weeks after you last dose for it to bottom out.

Thanks for the response, bro. I go back to my doc tomorrow. Hope he continues.

Bigjonstud
02-20-2017, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the response, bro. I go back to my doc tomorrow. Hope he continues.

Be mindful, if its in normal range he may discontinue or lover your dosage/refills. Had that crap happen twice.

Oldschool
02-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Good luck with that.

Exactly.
If you have insurance find a new doc for your trt.
If it hurts his feelings too bad. Its your life, no reason to be miserable with mood swings.
Good luck