PDA

View Full Version : Cystic Chest Acne post PCT

Ludlowbrah
07-14-2016, 07:20 PM
So I ran a 12 week cycle of Test-e (500mg) and dbol (4 weeks, 30 mg);
then I did a 6 week PCT of Clomid (100/100/50/50) at 4 weeks and Nolva (40/40/20/20/20/20) at 6 weeks

I had no acne breakouts while on cycle - everything went along well, but after starting the Clomid I started getting chest acne, which has only gotten worse. I'm 10 days out of PCT now and starting to get cystic acne on my chest

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it too early to jump onto a small dose of Accutane (like 4 months for 20 mg)? Or should I just ride it out?

SC
07-14-2016, 07:37 PM
I had the same thing happen but I'm on TRT, so no PCT. Just went straight to 200/week Enanthate after the cycle. Anyway, yeah. No acne at all during cycle, but a few weeks of TRT and it got pretty bad.

I've heard a lot of bad shit about accutane, so I'm giving vitamin b5 (pantothetic acid) a go first. After two weeks things are clearing up with it.

Ludlowbrah
07-14-2016, 08:15 PM
I had the same thing happen but I'm on TRT, so no PCT. Just went straight to 200/week Enanthate after the cycle. Anyway, yeah. No acne at all during cycle, but a few weeks of TRT and it got pretty bad.

I've heard a lot of bad shit about accutane, so I'm giving vitamin b5 (pantothetic acid) a go first. After two weeks things are clearing up with it.

How much do you use?

SC
07-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Doing five grams a day for now.

HardtoGain
07-14-2016, 08:25 PM
I have had this problem.

I switched to two showers per day. One in the morning and one in the evening.

Started using Neutrogena acne body wash and a soft scrubber on my chest.

Also got 10% benzol peroxide cream and applied it to the area after showering. Be careful as it can ruin colored T shirts if you start sweating.

If none of this helps hop on 25mg/D of acutane. I have no sides on it other than dry lips. A chap stick helps that out.

SC
07-14-2016, 09:30 PM
If none of this helps hop on 25mg/D of acutane. I have no sides on it other than dry lips. A chap stick helps that out.

Glad you didn't have more sides. It's like anything, we all respond differently.

To the OP, I would highly recommend doing your own research on accutane before going that route. Again, I haven't used it, but there are a lot of reports of some serious mental sides that people have had from taking the stuff.

HardtoGain
07-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Glad you didn't have more sides. It's like anything, we all respond differently.

To the OP, I would highly recommend doing your own research on accutane before going that route. Again, I haven't used it, but there are a lot of reports of some serious mental sides that people have had from taking the stuff.

True. Definitely read up before you start acutane. I mainly put it up as a last resort as many acne treatments don't do much for cystic acne.

I get it pretty bad every time I go through PCT. I use acutane from about the beginning of PCT to about 3 months after to make sure I don't get the body acne. It works great but as SC said the sides can be harsh. Luckily I haven't had any of the bad sides.

Demigod
07-14-2016, 11:38 PM
Bro. . Let me ask.. did you use an ai?? If not then I'm being your estrogen levels being so off caused this.

Ludlowbrah
07-15-2016, 12:59 AM
Bro. . Let me ask.. did you use an ai?? If not then I'm being your estrogen levels being so off caused this.

I used arimidex for half of the cycle and then discontinued it to see if i was gyno prone - and I wasn't.
I still have the adex - its pharma grade. But I didn't want to run it during PCT because I didn't want to crash my estrogen levels, I wanted my hormones to shoot up.

What are your thoughts? Should I take the adex? Or is it too late?

Loose Cannon
07-15-2016, 01:04 AM
this always happens to me. nothing has ever worked. it never cleared up. seeing the dermatologist in a couple weeks. scarred me up a lot.

Ludlowbrah
07-15-2016, 03:08 AM
this always happens to me. nothing has ever worked. it never cleared up. seeing the dermatologist in a couple weeks. scarred me up a lot.

shit that's worrying. surely there's a way to cycle effectively and have it clear up ?

KICKSTAND
07-15-2016, 04:57 AM
I used arimidex for half of the cycle and then discontinued it to see if i was gyno prone - and I wasn't.
I still have the adex - its pharma grade. But I didn't want to run it during PCT because I didn't want to crash my estrogen levels, I wanted my hormones to shoot up.

What are your thoughts? Should I take the adex? Or is it too late?

I've been thinking about using adex to clear up acne for a while now. I think it would work for me. Just be real careful and real small with your protocol. Would be shitty to crash your e2 just to get rid of some bacne. I'd give it a shot though can't really hurt as long as you don't crash your shit. Adex is a fuck ton less toxic than accutane.

Ludlowbrah
07-15-2016, 04:30 PM
I think I'm going to try and pick up some doxycycline and B5 and see where that takes me.
You're right about the accutane.

Loose Cannon
07-15-2016, 06:32 PM
shit that's worrying. surely there's a way to cycle effectively and have it clear up ?

i got bloods throughout my entire cycle, kept everything in normal range. then did a proper pct, also with bloods. never stopped the acne. i was prone as a teacher, so i think i was gonna get it no matter what. but ive been off for months and its still full on. go see a dermatologist bro.

monster-ish
07-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Happened to me during my last cycle. Cystic acne on chest and shoulders. Nothing worked except for accutane. Ran it at 40mg/day and shit cleared up in a month or so. Sides suck tho, super dry lips, skin and dry eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbreads80
07-16-2016, 09:19 PM
This happened to me before. I was on cycle and doing fine, then I added in some Kalpa NPP, and broke out very bad. To the point I couldn't do bench press because the zits were too painful to lay on and would gush blood. A mod on another board mentioned he thought it couldve been the carrier oil on that particular gear. It was the only change we could nail down. I tried everything to get rid of it. All the stuff mentioned in this thread and about a billion other things. After 3 months I finally jumped on Accutane and it went away. Ran it 20mgs for first month, 10mgs for the following 3 months. It's a miracle I'm not covered in scars. You can kind of tell if you know what to look for, but a sun tan makes it virtually impossible to tell. I could show you some pics that would make you vomit......

My skin does great now . I do tend to by dryer than I used to, but that's fine with me. I think the tane healed up my skin nicely and helped some other non related things. If you do get some, read up on it though and get some chapstick

bobhead
07-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Try running some exemestane to kill the circulating estrogen.

crazycute132
08-17-2016, 09:41 PM
I had the exact same issue. Went to a dermatologist and they put me on Doxycycline, a topical antibiotic clindamycin, and then this cream. Not really sure if it helped or not tbh. took about 3 months for it to clear up completely.:baTKy7euDALvLAeX.jp

bobhead
08-18-2016, 02:37 AM
if it's severe go with bactrim, much stronger than doxy or mino.

OldRugger
08-18-2016, 08:48 PM
This is all so indicative of the difference in each individual's reaction. .... Gotta admit- I'm jealous of the guys running heavy intense cycles with smooth tanned up competition skin. Being prone to the chest and shoulder acne has just become a part of a cycle for me.... all of the previously mentioned solutions (aside from exemestane) are stop-gaps between breakouts for me. Thanks for the tip on the exemestane----I'll give it a go. These F***ing acne scars are messing up a lot of $$ in nice tattoos.

HardtoGain
08-18-2016, 09:40 PM
I just go with Accutane. I started with a higher dose but now I am down to about 6mg/d and have very little sides. I am prone to body acne but haven't had a pimple in months.

bobhead
08-18-2016, 10:25 PM
yep Accutane is the bomb.

bigbreads80
08-21-2016, 05:22 PM
There so much bad publicity I guess you would call it surrounding Accutane, but most of it is in the context of when it was rx'ed at 50+ mgs a day. Very little research actually exists on low dose , mid to long term use. I went as long as 6 months at 10mgs a day and had not one adverse effect other than dry lips and kind of dry bloody nose at the very first. Not much is said also about Accutanes ability to reverse damage and heal scars also. I think its one of those items you should always have on hand. Just my .02 :D

Loose Cannon
08-21-2016, 05:25 PM
im on 60mg/day given by my actual doctor. not gonna lie it thought i was gonna get better results. only been a few weeks tho.

bobhead
08-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Typical Accutane course is 3-6 months. I had to do a 6 month course also.