PDA

View Full Version : Pain During Bench Press And Chest Exercises

Muscle91
08-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Recently Started Feeling Sharp Pain While Doing Flat Bench Especially And Other Chest Exercises. Feels Like It Is Coming From Anterior Deltoid (Front Part Of Shoulder) Or Possibly Top Part Of Pec Where It Meets Shoulder. Feels Like A Sharp Stinging Sensation And Occurs When I Lower The Bar On Bench Press Or Lower Myself Even Doing Pushups. Ive Seen The Shoulder Stretching Exercises That Pain Posted On This Forum And Plan To Start Using Them But Any Other Advice/Guidance Would Be Useful. Should I Lay Off Chest Workouts For A Couple Of Weeks? I Pay Close Attention To My Technique And Don't Think It Is From Bad Form. Like I Said I Don't Experience Any Pain Doing Workouts Like Shoulder Presses Or Lateral Raises Just The Chest Exercises Like Barbell Bench, DB Bench, Pushups, Decline Bench, ETC. Any Advice Or Help Welcome.

Blazer
08-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Could of pulled or pinched something.

If it hurts don't d it, take a week off and see how it feels then. If it still hurts take another weeks off. If it still hurts after that consider going to a doctor to have it checked out.

Best of luck brotha

Muscle91
08-10-2016, 09:34 PM
yea hoping its just something minor that will heal on its own. Its Been Goin On For A Few Weeks Now But Haven't Given Enough Time Off To Let it Heal. Gonna Give Chest A Couple Weeks Off And See How It Goes.

bulk_cut
08-10-2016, 09:51 PM
You either have trigger points in your peck and/or your upper, middle, lower traps and possibly your Rhomboid. Get a lacrosse ball and start working the trigger points out and start making lower traps and seratus anterior exercises a regular part of your workout routine doing them twice a week. I'd also lay off doing shrugs because I'd be willing to bet big money you're upper trap dominant and that's one thing that's screwing up your form

Muscle91
08-10-2016, 10:43 PM
You either have trigger points in your peck and/or your upper, middle, lower traps and possibly your Rhomboid. Get a lacrosse ball and start working the trigger points out and start making lower traps and seratus anterior exercises a regular part of your workout routine doing them twice a week. I'd also lay off doing shrugs because I'd be willing to bet big money you're upper trap dominant and that's one thing that's screwing up your form

Rolling A Lacrosse Ball Around The Shoulder And Chest Area Will Help if It's A Trigger Point?

bulk_cut
08-10-2016, 11:54 PM
Front of Shoulder Pain | The Trigger Point & Referred Pain Guide (http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/front-shoulder-pain)

DO NOT ROLL A LACROSSE BALL OVER YOUR SHOULDER!!

Get a lacrosse ball and fallow the instructions and you will get better. look at the link above. Most likely its your peck minor.

Muscle91
08-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Front of Shoulder Pain | The Trigger Point & Referred Pain Guide (http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/front-shoulder-pain)

DO NOT ROLL A LACROSSE BALL OVER YOUR SHOULDER!!

Get a lacrosse ball and fallow the instructions and you will get better. look at the link above. Most likely its your peck minor.

Thanks For The Link Brother Goin By The Chart It Does Appear To Be The Pectoralis Minimus. Every Time I Look For Instructions Though It Just Shows A Book To Order.

bulk_cut
08-11-2016, 02:33 AM
Just do a search for myofascial release and trigger points or rolling out trigger points or something similar. There's a TON of info on it.

Revelations
09-09-2016, 02:25 AM
I had a similar issue and it was related to a shoulder impingement; I could do shoulder presses still, but like you said it would become aggregated on the flat bench press especially. Do you balance your pressing movements with enough pulling movements? If you get a chance, look up Eric Cressey and his "shoulder savers" articles. I followed his methods and am pain free today.
-Rev