PDA

View Full Version : leucine/bcaa vs hmb clear

j-raw-hate
09-20-2016, 04:39 AM
Hi everyone ,new to the forum,been strength/weight training for 7 years now. Im not bog on otc supplements other than good high quality protein powders occasionally for added calories for most part. After working and even for a period of time running supplement shops I have more than my fair share of distaste on the (supplement industry) in general and all of its overpriced placebos for the most part. However I have been recently considering the benefits of the added leucine content for protein synthesis/enhanced recovery benefits. IV also heard quite bit of hype on the metabolite hmb. I have recently found the clear hmb caps have dropped price drastically and cost about the same as my normal leucine loaded bcaa powders. Just curious to hear from someone who has ran these products and wich ones seems more effective given same cost. Keeping in mind if I try the hmb I have seen that it may need to be ran in larger doses daily, any opinions are greatly appreciated ,, given that you have tried both firsthand

Paradox
09-20-2016, 06:19 AM
I prefer BCAA's at a 4:1:1 ratio or just plain leucine. And i basically end up having a few doses a day and around training time. The benefits could be all in my head since im convinced by the science at a biochemical level in terms of leucine and protein synthesis pathways and muscle recovery in general.

I have looked into hmb in the past and tbh right now the only thing i remember about it was that it supposedly stacks well with creatine.

Out of the 2 i feel hmb is the one that is over hyped, im a believer in the benefits of a good diet so taking in some extra aminos which is basically more protien makes more sense to be. If i want to get additional help for strength id rather do that via AAS or peptides

j-raw-hate
09-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks paradox, I figured basically the same but thought id give it a shot but will probly stick wth what I know works. As far as the aas i run them year round and am currently cruising til mid/late october and not running any type of oral's or nans wich usually do the recovery greatly,the low test is working nice at the drive and strength/size retaining but still feel like the doms and stiffness are hanging around longer than I like ,,might just up the protein and restock aminos