PDA

View Full Version : Quad turned red

Flex_on_her
09-23-2016, 03:06 AM
So i been pinning in my quads for some time but these last few shots left me in some pain the injection site turned red, and the redness speard throughout my whole quad and was actully hot to the touch got me pretty freaked out..... anyone know why this would happen? Im thinking the test had ALOT of alcohol in it, but not sure...

bulk_cut
09-23-2016, 03:38 AM
If the injection site became red, the redness spread and now it's hot to the touch then you NEED to go to the ER right away!!!! Those are all signs of an infection and that's not something you want to risk. Infections from IM injections are serious and time is of the essence!!! They can get out of hand VERY quickly. If it was me I'd go to the ER tonight. If your worried about going to the hospital because you don't want to tell them you were injecting steroids then tell them you were injecting B-12. It doesn't matter to them - I've gone to the ER before cause I thought the needle broke off and went in my thigh (I was new and didn't know it was a retractable syringe) and all they did was give me a quick 15 second lecture before they sent me home.

Good luck!!!!

big_t1986
09-23-2016, 03:42 AM
Ya I had something similar to this. I injected into my right quad and the next day it was so sore that I could barely walk and there was no way I could get a workout in. If I hit it on something it would make me sick. Went to urgent care and they said it was an infection that makes a blood clot, the clot itself is not dangerous because it's in the muscle but the infection in it is. They gave me antibiotics but I was down for 3 weeks easy

Flex_on_her
09-23-2016, 03:47 AM
If the injection site became red, the redness spread and now it's hot to the touch then you NEED to go to the ER right away!!!! Those are all signs of an infection and that's not something you want to risk. Infections from IM injections are serious and time is of the essence!!! They can get out of hand VERY quickly. If it was me I'd go to the ER tonight. If your worried about going to the hospital because you don't want to tell them you were injecting steroids then tell them you were injecting B-12. It doesn't matter to them - I've gone to the ER before cause I thought the needle broke off and went in my thigh (I was new and didn't know it was a retractable syringe) and all they did was give me a quick 15 second lecture before they sent me home.

Good luck!!!!

Yea it happened a few months back haven't really pinned in my quad again... the redness went away within a few weeks and i was fine just freaked out about it and it only happens in my quad. I want to pin my quad again because its easiest for me when my wife is not around but, just dont want it to happen again

Machinegunmac
09-23-2016, 04:47 AM
Yea it happened a few months back haven't really pinned in my quad again... the redness went away within a few weeks and i was fine just freaked out about it and it only happens in my quad. I want to pin my quad again because its easiest for me when my wife is not around but, just dont want it to happen again
It's happened to me before to the extent I walked like someone had clubbed my ass with a baseball bat! It can be a bad pin into vein or nerve or too much solvent . Heating pad and aleve took inflammation down lots for me and mine was bad. I recommend hitting the quads with a slin pin guys it's way better and this won't happen near as often.