PDA

View Full Version : getting back in shape after motorcycle wreck and year off w/ pharmacom cycle

SiTOPh
10-04-2016, 11:33 PM
alright, so i had a motorcycle wreck about 10 months ago. i broke my clavicle, scapula and had a vertebral fracture as well. I had surgeries on both of those bones immediately and then 3 months ago i had my final surgery which was skin grafts on my lower legs for the road rash. the worst part of it though was i originally had swelling on my spinal cord and was not able to walk for around 6 weeks and still in a wheelchair for another 2 months after that. but weight plummeted during this time. normally my weight blows up when i dont workout because i tend to eat more and my metabolism is generally pretty slow. im 6'5" but contrary to most other guys my height i put on size easily and its tough to lose weight. to lean out i have to do crazy amounts of cardio and have a strict diet. i played D1 basketball and a season of football. well i was on the team but only got a couple dozen snaps at WR or TE for hail marys or for obvious jump ball situations. i was a decent basketball player and a mediocre football player, ha. so ive been at varying levels of fitness thruout my life, this is definitely the worst its ever been.

i went from 220lbs at the time of my wreck down to 175lbs. i hadnt weighed 175 since the 7th grade. the worst part was that i didnt just lose weight, my muscle atrophied, especially my legs. i never had huge legs, but they were generally pretty strong. but my quads and calves looked like when someone takes a walking boot or cast off their leg after wearing it for 3 months, except even worse cause it was both legs since i couldnt walk and my nervous system was even sending consistent signals to my muscles, so they were 100% not getting used at all. my grammar is bad here people and im sorry but im just trying to get this done quick and ill get back and edit it later when i have more time.

so im literally starting from scratch here. i had my skin graft surgery about 3 months ago and since i got out of the hospital after that i began eating normal again and putting weight on again, im back up to around 210lbs, but ill get a more exact number on that later when i get to an accurate scale. honestly this is wildly embarrasing to post these pictures. wow, seeing myself with no shirt on in these pics almost made me wanna give up and say screw it. but screw it, i gotta start somewhere i guess, ha. alright, well thats it for now. im gonna start by working out 5 days a week, not sure for how long, ill just see how i feel. im gonna do a little cardio just so i can get back in shape, but im more worried about getting my muscle back so im not gonna do too much and waste my calories. I received my MD a couple months before my wreck and was once NASM certified focusing on sport specific training for HS and college athletes, so i have a pretty good idea with what im doing and my diet. im hoping i can get back to working out 6 or 7 days a week an hour to 2 hours a day within 6 weeks. but here are my current pics, and some pics from my first year of med school so you can see what i normally look like when im in the gym. please go easy on me, posting these honestly makes me feel like dog poop. later yall. glad to be in here. ill be updating at least once a week, maybe more depending on how i feel and what happens. theres a pic or two of my legs where you see the graft site and they took the skin from my left thigh, i think you can see that in one of the full body shots

this is just an addendum to my previous entry. i didnt know if i should include this, but im running 450 IU/week of Test E from Pharmacom labs and 30mg/day for first 3 weeks of dbol. we'll see how it goes. ive done one cycle before with similar dosing and it worked well for me. added about 30lb in 10 weeks and kept probably 17-20lb of it after it was all said and done. my doctors had said theyd prescribe me testosterone to help with the muscle wasting i went thru but it wasnt something they could do without insurance and at the time of the accident i didnt have insurance so ive done it on my own. i plan on getting some bloodwork done around 6 weeks in just to see where im at and how its going

PAiN
10-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the family brother! Overcoming something like that not many can do. Keep pushing forward and the best thing you did was hold yourself accountable by posting up your log and pictures.

We will be following along and anything you need during the way don't hesitate to ask we are all here to help!

Keep us updated on your progress brother and I think you mean 450MG of Test E. ;)

Really looking forward to following your progress so don't disappear on us! Good luck!