PDA

View Full Version : Trenbolone may cause neurodegeneration, while testosterone may prevent it

black-dragon
10-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Thought this might interest people. A study shows that trenbolone causes neurodegeneration in rats. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25461682)

From the abstract:

"In the present study, 17β-trenbolone was administered to adult and pregnant rats and the primary hippocampal neurons...17β-trenbolone accumulated in adult rat brain, especially in the hippocampus, and in the fetus brain...17β-trenbolone induced apoptosis of primary hippocampal neurons in vitro and resisted neuroprotective function of testosterone...17β-trenbolone played critical roles in neurodegeneration."

It seems that this is probably an effect particular to trenbolone and not anabolic steroids in general, as studies indicate testosterone may actually prevent neurodegeneration.

Loose Cannon
10-07-2016, 01:58 AM
neurodegeneration....i knew i was getting smarter

Shadowsyl2012
05-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Not sure i like a study that you didnt post source links for, i normally prefer these studies to be ncbi or pubmed and not some special interest group... But maybe i just dislike the way the abstract was written up. It mentions aptosis being caused by tren but the standard definitipn of apoptosis is "normal and controlled part of an organisms growth or development" so if trenbolone encouraged a completelynormal part of a cell's life and death that is hardly "neuro degeneration".

it also fails to mention the mechanisms by which tren is causing the degeneration which is critical in the study of such actions... Even if just to say "mechanism unknown"

not calling OP out for cut and clip but the article piece linked seems cut and tailored to make the point absent of merit based claims on mechanism of action and mode of entropy in the reaction of tren acculmulating in the hippocampus. In these types of studies it is just as important to explain how and why the chicken crossed the road as much as it is to define the destination.

just my two pennies

350zsidewayzz
05-22-2017, 11:20 PM
what is trenbolone again>?

Mesquite_Thorn
10-11-2017, 02:16 PM

It's the stuff that makes this... speaking of which, I should probably buy some Tren.

JUNGLE JUICE
10-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Bloody rats be gettin jacked on tren behind our backs, knew something was up by the size of some of them these days

bobhead
10-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks.