PDA

View Full Version : Gear warmer

Electromass
10-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, just thought I would share something I do that is pretty convenient...imo!
I have a "scentsy" style wax warmer that will fit about three vials comfortably. It can get hot so I wouldn't leave them on for more than a minute, which to me is perfect timing. The whole process takes about 2 minutes and is something that can stay right there on the counter top. When you are done just set the wax dish back in place and your done. Cheap (about $10) and very efficient. That's how I like to roll with things.
Hope someone finds this useful. 10634

bigmills
10-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Hey guys, just thought I would share something I do that is pretty convenient...imo!
I have a "scentsy" style wax warmer that will fit about three vials comfortably. It can get hot so I wouldn't leave them on for more than a minute, which to me is perfect timing. The whole process takes about 2 minutes and is something that can stay right there on the counter top. When you are done just set the wax dish back in place and your done. Cheap (about $10) and very efficient. That's how I like to roll with things.
That's definitely a good idea brother I have one and never thought about that I think I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I do my next shot.. good advice

from BM

Turbo306
10-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Bad ass idea.. I always just throw some water in a coffee mug and warm it for a minute… This is much better and can stay there… Dig it!

turbolnd
10-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Excuse the ignorance. But what's the purpose of warming up the gear before pinning?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Electromass
10-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Excuse the ignorance. But what's the purpose of warming up the gear before pinning?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
If you are rotating
locations, i.e. Delta,chest etc... you can use a smaller gauge pin with a thinned viscosity.
much easier to use this way. And it will also insure that any crystallized gear is re-distributed in the oil.

bulk_cut
10-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Fantastic idea - thanks bro!! Where do you buy wax warmers at?

Electromass
10-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Fantastic idea - thanks bro!! Where do you buy wax warmers at?
I think the wifey got that one at Wally World for about $10. It doesn't have to be expensive. Trust me, they make some that they are pretty proud of.

enrod
10-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Most people already have a drip coffee maker at home. Take the pot off, put your vial on the heating plate and turn it on. Works like a charm. Just make sure there's no water in it first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulk_cut
10-16-2016, 10:26 PM
I just went to Walmart and found ones for $4.97 a piece. I bought one for me and two of my friends!!!

j-raw-hate
10-16-2016, 10:40 PM
Shit yea I got one right next to the counter I fix my pins up on and never even thought of it , IV always used heavy duty blow dryer but this beats the hell out of conair lol

Electromass
10-16-2016, 11:14 PM
I just went to Walmart and found ones for $4.97 a piece. I bought one for me and two of my friends!!!
Hell yeah buddy.....what are friends for?

benlash74
10-16-2016, 11:59 PM
Great idea. We have some already and never considered it before. Thanks for sharing.