PDA

View Full Version : Igf-1

PAiN
10-21-2010, 02:18 AM
IGF-1

(Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 a.k.a. somatomedin C)

IGF1 is a polypeptide hormone about the same size as insulin, or 70 amino acids; it?s a member of the ?super family.? No, this is not the same family Clark Kent belongs to, but rather it?s a family of substances identified as growth factors. It?s a highly anabolic hormone released primarily in the liver (but also in peripheral tissues) with the stimulus of Growth Hormone (GH). It is responsible for much of the anabolic activity of GH, including nitrogen retention and protein synthesis (12) as well as muscle cell hyperplasia (increase in number of muscle cells), as well as mitogenesis (the growth of new muscle fibers). It can also induce skeletal muscle hypertrophy by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt pathway(9). In fact, IGF-1 acts on several different tissues to enhance growth via several mechanisms. It?s also important to note that GH and IGF-1 are interrelated, they produce a host of divergent effects (5).As you may already know, GH and IGF levels are both elevated dramatically following exercise, and this may be a primary factor in the anabolic effects of weight training. In fact, IGF-1 may be possibly used as an anabolic substitute for GH (2) in many instances. IGF-1 is, therefore, necessary as well as sufficient in muscle growth (anabolic)(1) and has been shown to also be highly anti-catabolic agent as well (2)(3). As with all anabolic substances, IGF-1's anabolic effects are still limited only by the protein (amino acid) supply within muscle cells (6) (7). Thus, as you may expect, IGF works much better when you are eating enough protein.

IGF1 may be of particular interests to athletes, as it may improve their ability to learn new skills and techniques relevant to their sport. You see, IGF is a known neuroprotector and neuropromotor(13)(14)(15), which means new skills could be learned more quickly with IGF use, and for the elderly, some of the cognitive effects of aging could be staved off or possibly halted entirely with administration of IGF1. This also has exciting implications for the medical community studying Alzheimers and other such diseases. This is because there are IGF receptors within the brain (16) and in motor neurons (17).

Also of note, and of special interest to both athletes and bodybuilders who are rehabbing an injury is that IGF is vital to the proper production of connective tissue, and exogenous IGF administration may improve collagen formation and aid in the repair of cartilage. (19)(18). IGF is also vital to proper bone density and bone density regulation (20).
IGF administration may be highly useful for rehabilitation of any kind of joint injury experienced by athletes and bodybuilders, and would greatly decrease recovery time as well as increase the strength of the recovered area.
So now we have a basic idea of what IGF does and how it works, so I think we can start looking at how well it works, and what kind of results we can expect from it. While I was (exhaustively) researching this compound, I found a study which provided just the type of answers we are looking for?This study examined the injection of a compound which was responsible for directing overexpression of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in differentiated muscle fibers. The researchers concluded that IGF-I expression promotes an average increase of 15% in muscle mass and a 14% increase in strength in young adult mice. It?s nice to be able to put some numbers on this compound, huh? But those effects are not all that the researchers have found. IGF also seems to prevent aging-related muscle changes in old adult mice! These old mice experienced a 27% increase in strength as compared with uninjected old muscles. Muscle mass and fiber type distributions were maintained at levels similar to those in young adults. The researchers have speculated that these effects are primarily due to stimulation of muscle regeneration via the activation of satellite cells by IGF-I (8). Regardless of the mechanism of action, the results from this study are pretty exciting. A 15% increase in muscle mass, and a 14% increase in strength are no small increases. Consider this, if you are a typical 100kg (220lb) bodybuilder, you would be a 115kg (250lb) bodybuilder after those kinds of results from IGF-1! If you were a powerlifter who?s best bench press effort was previously 200kgs (440lbs), then you could expect to be able to bench press 500lbs after using IGF1! Ok, so you can?t exactly use that study on mice to justify those numbers, but you get the idea. IGF-1 works and it works very well. Even if we could realistically expect 7% gains in muscle mass and strength (half of the gains experienced in the study), then this drug would be able to blast many bodybuilders and athletes through the plateaus that experienced trainers often endure.

IGF1, also known as somatomedin C, is polypeptide hormone about the same size as insulin. It is produced predominantly in the liver in response to growth hormone (GH) release from the pituitary gland. Many of the growth promoting effects of GH are due to its ability to release IGF1 from the liver. The conversion ratio of GH to IGF1 varies greatly in different individuals but most external sources of GH convert around 4-6mcg of IGF per one I.U. of GH. IGF-1 acts on several different tissues to enhance growth. IGF1 belongs in the 'superfamily' of substances known as 'growth factors,' along with epidermal (skin), transforming; platelet derived fibroblast, nerve, and ciliary neurotrophic growth factors. None of the other factors have any bearing on exoskeletal tissue incidentally however These agents all have in common the ability to stimulate cell division, known as mitogenesis, and cell differentiation. Meaning That In the case of IGF1 which does act on muscle tissue it will initiate the growth of new muscle fibers, and subsequently new receptors for testosterone. Users have unanimously concluded that it enhances cycles of steroids significantly. They also seem to be adamant about its ability to reduce fat and improve vascularity a great deal.

The IGF1 Hype

There is a considerable amount of hype surrounding IGF1. Every one is blaming the distended bellies of modern Bodybuilders on it. Also the freaky proportions that old bodybuilders that have been around for years are starting to attain. Anti-aging proponents are touting it as the miracle cure for every thing from Parkinson's disease to Alzheimer's. And the medical community has published numerous articles on it for its ability to cause cancer, diabetes and gigantism. While at the same time performing documented experiments on thousands of patients of muscle wasting diseases. And reporting significant turnabouts in there conditions. So what is a guy to think about IGF1 as far as athletic enhancement is concerned? Well first of all you need to know that most experiments conducted with IGF1 do not list the type of IGF used. I have written Dr. Robert Saline of the Swedish rejuvenation institute on several occasions and we have had in-depth discussions on the subject of IGF1 for physical appearance enhancement. He feels it would be unethical to prescribe IGF1 to a bodybuilder to increase muscle mass simply due to the fact that IGF1 has valid applications in the medical community, (Like I could give a rats ass about "ethical"). He can not argue that it is extremely effective as a promoter of muscle growth far beyond what androgens (steroids) alone can offer. Well fortunately in America IGF1 is not a drug (yet) and the FDA has no control over it as of now. This will change in the very near future however, Im absolutely sure of it.

How to use IGF1

Assuming that you have acquired legitimate IGF1 (R3) long chain, That's IGF1 with the binding protein added. You should take dosages ranging from 60mcg up to 120mcg per day in divided doses. One injection in the morning and again at bed time. Never exceed 120mcg in one day. IGF1 can cause serious gastrointestinal problems such as tumors intestinal swelling diarrhea and vomiting. Most IGF1 comes in a concentration of 1000mcg per ML or CC so it makes it easy to measure in an insulin syringe. 10 IU on the syringe is 100mcg. Do the math.

IGF + Insulin

If you plan on doing IGF1 with Insulin, listen closely IGF1 is not that expensive, sure you can get away with using less by including insulin in the stack, but IGF1 and Insulin together have a pro-insulin effect on your blood sugar balance. It can enhance the chances of a hypoglycemic episode ten fold. I would recommend against it for any one not ABSOLUTLY comfortable with insulin or IGF1.

Here is how insulin and IGF1 work together. Igfbp3 is the binding protein, which allows IGF1 to remain active in the system for a long enough period of time to really work its magic. IGF1 by nature has a half-life of less than 10 minutes by its self. The molecule was so small it would escape the blood stream very rapidly. This was the reason IGF1 was so "underground". It took very frequent injections at high dosages to achieve even minimal results. Aside from this reconstituting the compound required a degree in biochemistry. This short acting version was the only IGF1 known until recently IGF1 would have been administered in 100 mcg dosages 4-6 times a day. That is a hell of a lot of IGF1. That explains a lot of the distended bellies. Now with R3 long chain IGF1 and the Binding protein IGFBP3 IGF1 will last up to 6 hours in the system. By binding IGF to the IGFBP3 you make the molecule larger and it gets trapped in the blood stream until the protein is broken down and the IGF molecule escapes. You can further its life by combining Insulin with it, although I here its very risky. Insulin prevents the breakdown of IGFBP3 and leaves the IGF1 molecule roaming free in the blood stream for longer periods of time up to 12 hours as insulin levels return to normal IGFBP3 will begin to break down and the IGF1 will escape from its bound protein IGFBP3 again having a half life of less than 10 minutes.

Insulin should be taken at the normal dosage it is usually administered at minus 10% about 45 minutes prior to the IGF1 infusion. Again let me remind you this can be deadly if you don't know what you are doing. And of course do not use Insulin for the nighttime injection of IGF1 by taking it in the morning you prolong the IGF1's half life to 12 hours and then take a 6 hour injection, you should be fine. Hell if you want to eat a big bowl of rice and drink another 100g of simple carbs 45 minutes before the bed time IGF1 infusion you could spike insulin for at least a few hours of extended IGF1 activity. If your not going to be using insulin in the stack then go ahead and do the same in the morning.

What users report

Users of IGF1 have reported various results but all along the same lines, It does not appear to be dramatically less effective in any one individual (at least not to the best of my knowledge). I have a good friend who had to stop taking IGF1 due to stomach illness that was completely unrelated But he to experienced good gains from it for the 2 weeks he was on it, his dosage was 120mcg per day. One hour after the first injection he went to the gym and immediately told me about the uncontrollable pump he got from just one set.

That would indicate to me that he was experiencing some form of cell volumization. The general consensus on IGF1 seems to be that its benefits are as fallow:

Increased Pump Pumps are reported to be so severe that workouts are often cut short due to lack of ability to the muscle through the full range of motion...ouch

Gains retention is increased if IGF is used in a cycle I am not sure why, but IGF1 seems to make gains on a cycle stick with virtually no post cycle loss. Every bodybuilder I've spoken with seems to think this for some reason. Most of them use drugs like Anadrol or Dianabol with it because of the amount of size attained with these drugs. The usual draw back to these drugs is that in most users there is a post cycle "crash" that occurs, so the reasoning is to toss IGF1 into the stack and grow larger faster with out the post cycle crash blues.

Reverses testicular atrophy

Testicles if shrunken will return to "full swing" so to speak even in the middle of a cycle. If not shrunken they will not shrink during the cycle. This may explain partially why gains are kept after the cycle.

Fatigue

Users report feeling drained and tired all day. This seems to be one of the negative side effects to IGF1, it will make you sleep longer and you will require more sleep at night to feel rested for the morning. This is common with high doses of HGH and exhibited in children, whose IGF1 levels are extraordinarily high. A child needs 4 hours more sleep than an adult on average does. This may be directly or indirectly related to IGF1 levels.

Stiffness

An almost arthritic feeling is commonly associated with high levels of HGH, well IGF1 has the exact same property. IGF1 will cause your hands, fingers and knuckles to ache this is one way you can be sure you got real IGF1.

IGF-1's Side effects

Every thing has a down side. To bake a cake ya gotta brake an egg. IGF1 is no exception. The drug used in larger quantity around the 100mcg+ range will cause headaches, occasional nausea and can contribute to low blood sugar or hypoglycemia in some users. Although I have never heard of this first hand I'm sure its true.

IGF1 will attach its self to the lining of the intestine and cause atrophy of the gut. Every thing IGF1 touches will grow and you have a lot of receptors on the lining of the large intestine and inner wall of the abdominal well. This is what causes the GH gut look. You can easily avoid this by limiting your dosages and cycle lengths. IGF1 cycles should be kept to 4-6 weeks with 4-6 weeks off in-between. IGF-1 is considerably more powerful than HGH and you need to think of it along those lines as far as dosing goes. We all know what to much HGH can do over prolonged periods of usage. The Neanderthal look is definitely not going to win any shows this year. I would recommend 80 mcg a day for 4 weeks at a time you should get good results from that for a while. I don't know if you will need to up the dosage at any point, but I would think in the case of IGF1 it wouldn't matter. If 80mcg doesn't do it for ya, then bump it up to 100 You should definitely feel it at this point If not suspect the IGF1 as being fake. Beyond 120 mcg per day your asking for trouble, This compound demands as much respect as its sister amino Insulin.

Clinical Facts about IGF-1

IGF-1 is a polypeptide of 70 amino acids (7650 daltons), and is one of a number of related insulin-like growth factors present in the circulation. The molecule shows approximately 50% sequence homology with proinsulin and has a number of biological activities similar to insulin. IGF-1 is a mediator of longitudinal growth in humans or how tall you are capable of becoming. Serum IGF-1 concentrations are altered by age, nutritional status, body composition, and growth hormone secretion. A single basal IGF-1 level is useful in the assessment of short stature in children and in nutritional support studies of acutely ill patients. For the diagnosis of acromegaly, a single IGF-1 concentration is more reliable than a random hGH measurement (Oppizi, et al., 1986). IGF-1 can be used for the assessment of disease activity in acromegaly (Barkan, et al., 198.

Almost all (>95%) of serum IGF-1 circulates bound to specific IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs), of which six classes (IGFBPs 1-6) have been identified (Rudd, 1991). BP3 is thought to be the major binding protein of IGF-1

IGF-1 Once Again Proves to be One of the Most Powerful Mediators of Muscle Growth

As we approach the new millennium we find the science of building muscle progressing faster than ever before. Long gone are the days of simple trial and error when it comes to building muscle. The modern bodybuilder demands more than just "hear say" if they are to adopt a new training routine or nutritional supplement. This column was created to keep today?s bodybuilder on the cutting edge of scientific research that might benefit them in their quest for body perfection.

Not since the travels of Juan Ponce de Leon has the fountain of youth seemed so close!
Title:
Viral mediated expression of insulin-like growth factor I blocks the aging-related loss of skeletal muscle function
Researchers:
Elisabeth R. Barton-Davis*, Daria I. Shoturma*, Antonio Musaro, Nadia Rosenthal, and H. Lee Sweeney*,
* Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA and Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA
Source:
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1998 Dec 22;95(26):15603-7

Summary:
Although the mechanisms underlying age associated muscle loss are not entirely understood, researchers attempted to moderate the loss by increasing the regenerative capacity of muscle. This involved the injection of a recombinant adeno-associated virus directing overexpression of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in differentiated muscle fibers.
They demonstrated that the IGF-I expression promotes an average increase of 15% in muscle mass and a 14% increase in strength in young adult mice (Figure 1), and remarkably, prevents aging-related muscle changes in old adult mice, resulting in a 27% increase in strength as compared with uninjected old muscles (Figure 2). Muscle mass and fiber type distributions were maintained at levels similar to those in young adults. These results suggest that gene transfer of IGF-I into muscle could form the basis of a human gene therapy for preventing the loss of muscle function associated with aging and may be of benefit in diseases where the rate of damage to skeletal muscle is accelerated.
Discussion:
I?m not sure where to begin. This study has the potential to completely change the way we age.
In this experiment, a recombinant adeno-associated virus, directing overexpression of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in mature muscle fibers, was injected into the muscles of mice. The DNA that was originally in the virus was removed along with markers that stimulate immune response. DNA coding for IGF-1 was then put into the virus along with a promoter gene to ensure high rates of transcription. The results, as you can see by figures 1 & 2, were dramatic.
IGF-1 plays a crucial role in muscle regeneration. IGF-1 stimulates both proliferation and differentiation of stem cells in an autocrine-paracrine manner, although it induces differentiation to a much greater degree. IGF-1, when injected locally, increases satellite cell activity, muscle DNA, muscle protein content, muscle weight and muscle cross sectional area. The importance of IGF-1 lies in the fact that all of its apparent functions act to induce muscle growth with or without overload although it really shines as a growth promoter when combined with physical loading of the muscle.

IGF-1 also acts as an endocrine growth factor having an anabolic effect on distant tissues once released into the blood stream by the liver. IGF-1 possesses the insulin-like property of inhibiting degradation, but in addition can stimulate protein synthesis. The insulin-like effects are probably due to the similarity of the signaling pathways between insulin and IGF-1 following ligand binding at the receptors.
The ability of IGF-I to stimulate protein synthesis resembles the action of GH, which was shown in separate studies on volunteers to stimulate protein synthesis without affecting protein degradation. Although it is often believed that the effects of GH are mediated through IGF-1, this cannot be the case entirely. First, the effects of the two hormones are different, in that GH does not change protein degradation. Second, the effect of GH is observed with little or no change in systemic IGF-1 concentrations. Age related muscle loss has been prevented with GH injections, however it is believed that this is accomplished through IGF-1.
The results of this study are similar to other studies where IGF-1 was injected directly into muscle tissue, resulting in increases in size and strength of experimental animals. Using a virus as a genetic vehicle has an advantage over simply injecting the growth factor. The effects of a single viral treatment last significantly longer (months if not years) because the muscle cell itself is constantly overproducing its own IGF-1 from injected DNA.
The fact that the IGF-1 produced by the muscle of these mice did not reach the blood stream is interesting. Systemic injections of IGF-1 have not been successful in inducing this kind of anabolic effect in humans. In addition, IGF-1 produced by the liver is genetically different than that produced by muscle tissue. It could be that providing additional DNA for the muscle to produce it?s own IGF-1 is the key to achieving anabolic and rejuvenative effects specifically in skeletal muscle.
In this study there was a preferential preservation of type IIb muscle fibers in aging mice. These are the fibers most sensitive to muscle hypertrophy from training and they are also the first fibers to disappear with aging. In the mice receiving the engineered virus, there was also a preservation of the motor neuron, leading to an increase in functional capacity. It is speculated that age related muscle loss is secondary to the loss of neuronal activation of type-II fibers. By preventing the degeneration of typ-II motor units, functional capacity could be maintained into old age. This technique may also serve useful in the prevention of osteoporosis. Further study is necessary to determine wether IGF-1 is having an effect only on muscle fibers or on nervous tissues as well.
Finally, it was also exciting to see muscle growth in the young mice who received the injection (15% increase in muscle mass). This means that the injection provided levels of IGF-1 far and above what the muscle normally has access to and not simply a preservation of normal levels. Remember that this was not combined with exercise. The growth of the injected muscles happened even without an extreme mechanical stimulus. The mice were simply allowed to run around as they usually do. Because of these dramatic results, the authors expressed concern about the use of this technique to enhance performance or cosmetic appearance. Research Update is not my personal soap box so I won?t go off on the gender centered hypocrisy of cosmetic enhancement in our society. All we can hope for is that this technique will be used to treat more important diseases such as muscular dystrophy and thereby become somewhat available for other uses as well.

gxr64
10-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Love me some IGF-1

sprocket
10-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Igf-lr3
.Shuttles nutrients directly into cells and muscles for maximum results:
- Anabolic Peptide;
- Builds muscle mass, promotes fat loss;
- Increased protein synthesis;
- IGF mobilizes fat for use as energy in adipose tissue;
- Causes hyperplasia, the increase of more muscle cells;
- At a genetic level it has the potential to alter an individuals capacity to build superior muscle density and size;
- Possesses the ability to rehabilitate damaged cartilage.
IGF-1 is a growth-promoting polypeptide that is essential for normal growth and development. Long R3 IGF-1 is an 83 amino acid analog of IGF-1 encapsulating the complete human IGF-1 sequence with the substition of an Arg(R) for the Glu(E) at position three, hence R3, and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N terminus. This analog of IGF-1 has been produced with the purpose of increasing the biological activity of the IGF peptide.
Long R3 IGF-1 is significantly more potent than IGF-1. The enhanced potency is due to the decreased binding of Long R3 IGF-1 to all known IGF binding proteins. These binding proteins normally inhibit the biological actions of IGF?s. (FM Tomas, SE Knowles, CS Chandler, GL Francis, PC Owens, and FJ Ballard 1995).
Long R3 IGF-1 is an excellent additive for cellular culture. It is adaptable to many cell varieties and has good effects for promoting growth, these two functions are generally incompatible, as other cytokines do not have these two functions. This growth factor binds to IGF-I receptors to stimulate cell growth in serum-free media, but, unlike insulin, it is made exclusively for use in cell culture. It promotes cell proliferation, increases cell survival, inhibits intracellular apoptotic pathways, extends culture longevity, eases transition to serum-free media and increases recombinant protein production. The major advantage for Long R3 IGF-1 is that it binds with high affinity to IGF-1 receptors and in many cell types potently stimulates proliferation and increases culture viability and specific recombinant protein production. Another advantage is that it binds with very low affinity to IGF-binding proteins, making it more biologically active than native IGF and allowing easier study of the IGF-1 receptor and its actions.
Long R3 IGF-1 has many functions, such as it can increase the protein synthesis, increase the RNA synthesis, promote fat metabolism, sugar transport, and so on, thus IGF-1 increases the efficacy of the nutrient intake.
IGF-1, as the name implies, is an extremely anabolic peptide that has insulin-like actions (i.e. It shuttles nutrients, specifically amino acids and glucose, into the muscle cells where they can then be synthesized into new muscle tissue). To test the hypothesis that IGF increases protein synthesis, the effects of IGF-1 have been studied with burn injuries, a significant catabolic inducing event. Burn injury is associated with substantial whole-body protein loss, reflecting mainly a catabolic response in skeletal muscle. The anabolic effects of IGF-1 after burn reflect inhibited protein breakdown and stimulated protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and that this response is caused by a direct effect of IGF-1 on muscle tissue. (CH Fang, BG Li, JJ Wang, JE Fischer, and PO Hasselgren 1997). (see also the below graphs for illustrations on IGF-1?s ability to inhibit protein breakdown).
Long R3 IGF-1 has a positive role in promoting muscle tissue, increased nitrogen retention, and increased food conversion i.e. the body utilizes nutrients more efficiently, Long R3 IGF-1is also significantly more biologically active than its IGF-1 counterpart as the following study suggests: Administration of IGF-I over a 14-day period to growing female rats via s.c. implanted osmotic pumps led to an increased body weight gain, an improved N retention and a greater food conversion efficiency. The effects were dose-dependent, with the highest daily dose tested, 278 micrograms/day, producing 18-26% increases in these measurements. LR3IGF-I, a variant of human IGF-I that contains an amino terminal extension peptide as well as glutamate-3 replaced by arginine and exhibits very weak binding to IGF-binding proteins, was substantially more potent than the natural growth factor, in the 44 micrograms/day of this peptide produced similar effects to the high IGF-I dose. (FM Tomas, SE Knowles, CS Chandler, GL Francis, PC Owens, and FJ Ballard 1995).
The amazing capabilities of Long R3 IGF-1 are enhanced with the addition of Growth Hormone (GH). (S R Kupfer, L E Underwood, R C Baxter, and D R Clemmons 1993).
During puberty IGF is responsible for the natural muscle growth that occurs during these years. There are many different things that IGF does in the human body; among the effects the most positive are increased amino acid transport to cells, increased glucose transport, increased protein synthesis, decreased protein degradation, and increased RNA synthesis.
When IGF is active it behaves differently in different types of tissues. In muscle cells, proteins and associated cell components are stimulated. Protein synthesis is increased along with amino acid absorption. As a source of energy, IGF mobilizes fat for use as energy in adipose tissue. In lean tissue, IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy.
IGF also mimic?s insulin in the human body. It makes muscles more sensitive to insulin?s effects, so if you are a person that currently uses insulin you can lower your dosage by a decent margin to achieve the same effects, and as mentioned IGF will keep the insulin from making you fat.
Perhaps the most interesting and potent effect IGF has on the human body is its ability to cause hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting of cells. Hypertrophy is what occurs during weight training and steroid use, it is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. After puberty you have a set number of muscle cells, and all you are able to do is increase the size of these muscle cells, you don?t actually gain more. But, with IGF use you are able to induce hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue. IGF can actually change a research subjects genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count. IGF proliferates and differentiates the number of types of cells present. At a genetic level it has the potential to alter a research subjects capacity to build superior muscle density and size.
IGF-1 also has the therapeutic benefit of being able to rehabilitate damaged cartilage. Researchers investigated the effects of exogenous local Insulin like growth factor-I (IGF-I) on the repair of full-thickness articular cartilage defects in immature rabbits. These researchers concluded that repair of full-thickness immature cartilage defects can be enhanced by recombinant IGF-I. (Tuncel M, Halici M, Canoz O, Yildirim Turk C, Oner M, Ozturk F, Kabak S. 2005).
Long R3 IGF-1 has many functions, such as it can increase the protein synthesis, increase the RNA synthesis, promote fat metabolism, cause hyperplasia, repair damaged cartilage, increase nutrient uptake, and so forth

melanotanpeptide
12-07-2010, 06:23 AM
You'd be amazed at what IGF can do. One of the popular uses lately is to use it to bridge between cycles. I've seen it lean out a 315lb body builder. It's also the only peptide with site injection properties. Good stuff.

Flathead
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Good read, looks like some interesting shit!

Thunder
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I love the stuff. Used it on all my pcts when it first came out. 40mcgs in the muscle trained (each side) post w/o when running it w/ my cycle.

dirtwarrior
09-14-2012, 07:19 PM
This is interesting

1tuffcookie
10-25-2012, 03:39 PM
great post. Just the info I am looking for. Now gonna get me some...

MasterofMass
12-05-2012, 11:00 PM
In depth article! I've got a few bottles of IGF LR3 in the fridge. Guess I'll go ahead and add it with my cycle!

Dirtydude
01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Great post pain, I was thinking of adding this to my pct and you pushed me right over the edge. going with 80mcg 4 weeks!

bigdude
02-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Would somebody show what a cycle would look like on paper with this stuff...
When do u start it in the cycle or do u wait till the end.
Does it do anything for estra. Sides?
Say I had some prop, npp, and I wanted to lean out,a lot.
How long could I run and still use igf?

musclehead33
02-03-2013, 04:58 AM
My rat loves igf it does exactly what is stated above!! Excellent post pain.igf is ment to be researched 1 month on 1 month off type of deal.great for pct and holding keeping gains! Jmho.peace.

Thesuperwallaby
03-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Can't wait I plan on using it for the last 25 days of my cycle and continuing into pct till a total of 50 days.... Thinking 100 mcg ed

APACHE SOLDIER
03-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Would somebody show what a cycle would look like on paper with this stuff...
When do u start it in the cycle or do u wait till the end.
Does it do anything for estra. Sides?
Say I had some prop, npp, and I wanted to lean out,a lot.
How long could I run and still use igf?

common practice is 50 on 20 off 50 on...100mcg a day is the sweet spot from what I know, I plan to run it like this. SC injections.

Thesuperwallaby
03-04-2013, 01:33 AM
common practice is 50 on 20 off 50 on...100mcg a day is the sweet spot from what I know, I plan to run it like this. SC injections.

I knew I could get you over to sub q

af86
03-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Just might check some out soon. Can put it in my pecks?

Thesuperwallaby
03-04-2013, 02:49 AM
It can be injected intramuscularly or sub q..... If you want to inject Im bi lateral injections seems to be the way to go.... I am planning on running sub q to try that method out, will keep y'all posted....

so yes you can put it in your pecs :bench-press2243:

tsek0s
11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
hard to get real IGF out there...

Khem
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
IGF-1 is very interesting for me. I can't seem to decide if LR3 is worth the hype, from my reading and understanding LR3 is too big to attach to in the muscles, I believe what its supposed to attach to is a binding protein.. I have been reading and it seems that LR3 is just too big a molecule, and the only real way to get size from IGF-1 is to inject DES Immediately PWO. DES can actually attach. Although I read conflicting information, so I'm really confused.

bone
02-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Great read man.Nice work.

Clark Kent
07-10-2014, 04:08 AM
WOW my interest is sparked! Any vets have experience with either IGF1 or LR3 I am interested I also here its very hard to get the real deal.

dorianyates
10-04-2014, 03:17 PM
hard to get real IGF out there...

I have seem to notice this lately...

Elvia1023
01-22-2015, 01:41 AM
I think IGF-1 LR3 dosed at approx. 100mcg per day (eod) can produce incredible results. I would use it in 10 x 10mcg micro injects in a weak body part and you should notice significant improvement if training and diet are optimal. I have yet to try our IGF-1 DES but hear good things. I know someone who is currently mutating who uses insane protocols such as approx. 50 micro injs of LR3 (rotated with DES) eod. Not something I would try but shows the difference IGF-1 can bring if you want it bad enough.

Cookiemnstr510
03-17-2015, 05:43 AM
i think i want to try some igf-1!!!!

Tazzzz
03-17-2015, 10:48 AM
Long read but very worth it.
I love IGF and have been using it for a while now with nothing but posative results.
Thanks for this Pain!

Superax
08-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Good info, been thinking of running igf-lr3. Just really hard to source the real deal here in OZ.

draconian2014
08-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I have sorta a dumb question when u add the bacterliastic or whatever water how many uis do you get at 80 mcg a day how many doses would be in the vial again most I usually see are 5ui in a vial without the water ?

draconian2014
08-12-2015, 07:22 PM
oh and I read this stuff degrades fast so if u have 3 vials do u constitute it all at once are as 1 at a time to stop degradation

Buddhayoyo
02-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Why no Bac water? And only AA water..

Dont wanna be old
02-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Why no Bac water? And only AA water..
Regardless I would only constitute 1 vial at a time .
I believe the sensitivity of the aminos could be effected by the slightest amount of Alcohol in the Bac water .
^^^^ Bro-science only conclusion^^^^
There might be real science out there but Peptides are for research only therefore there is no instructions for use and only published papers on research protocols .
Keep us informed of any trials .
Regards
DWBO

Kelly_LMC
02-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Very good info, thanks

FutureIFBBProJARow23
04-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Igf-1 is good stuff love it's ability to cause hyperplasia.

Alpha1A
08-12-2017, 01:41 AM
Been doing 50mcgs split 25 pre 25 post and really enjoyin it with frag, jus ordered another 2 vials to crank up to 80 a day . Very good read.

Judgeno1
12-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Amazing info!!

Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
12-21-2017, 01:11 PM
Thanks for sharing Pain. Great read. Ive been using IGF as I started my cruise and have seen great results at 40mcg per day before bed. Joko turned me on to using it that way. Muscles feel more full and seem to be recomping a bit muscle tissue wise since I started implementing that into my routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11B410thMTN
03-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Thanks pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoXainNoGain
06-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Power post for sure I like what I see got to get me some my igf awesome information a lot to read

Chilidog
06-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Time to order

Darth Flex
07-03-2018, 04:34 PM
How much did you reconstitute or dilute yours for a 40mcg injection?

Darth Flex
07-03-2018, 04:50 PM
So who has a legit order and can recommend igf from one of our sponsors?

Darth Flex
07-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Looks like a IM injection for this yes? Can it also be injected in joits to speed up recovery in that joint? Ie knee or shoulder?

Johnjuanb1
07-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Looks like a IM injection for this yes? Can it also be injected in joits to speed up recovery in that joint? Ie knee or shoulder?
IGF1-LR3 goes systemic post injection so it will speed up healing everywhere. I’ve never tried injecting it into a joint but i used it in delts, pecs, quads, hams, just about any muscle. It works regardless but i really like micro injecting IGF1-Lr3 in the muscle I’m about to train preworkout in a series of 10mcg injecting in 5 sites bilaterally. So before i train say chest for example I put 10mcg in 5 spots in each pec then go train chest. The pump is un-freaking-believable!!!

Darth Flex
07-24-2018, 12:45 AM
I know there are posts in here on ratios to recostitute but how do you break yours down to inject only 10mcgs? Do you stick with the dame needle over and over then? Perhaps a 27g 1/2 inch?

msclmama
10-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Just starting IGF for the first time with my GH. Really looking forward to it. I see it is okay to do sub q which I intend to do however what do you find best? I prefer to not do IM constantly but if it’s worth it than I will :)

Saint_Michael201
10-10-2018, 03:45 AM
Great read. Well written. Thank you.

Sent from me over there to you over here.

Mr.Beefy
11-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Question...is there any draw backs we have to worry about..like suppression of any form? Also if any..how do we counter act it?

Pharmaca
11-06-2019, 01:51 AM
IGF1 is quite safe and tolerable, some may suffer from a mild hypo which is not dangerous and easy to counter with proper nutrition .

Not many consider this but IGF1 suppresses directly the natural GH production, and despite IGF1 being the GH's mediator for many of the GH's ananbolic activities the GH has some systemic effects which are not related to IGF1. And actually as you may see below GH and IGF1 have some distinctively different effects, hence it's advised to combine them, they also have some very favorable synergistic effects, here are some scientific data to support this -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9129466 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9129466)
------------conclusions -
GH and IGF-I combined further enhanced fat oxidation while reducing protein catabolism. Serum insulin concentrations were significantly increased by GH but decreased by IGF-I. GH significantly decreased serum total triiodothyronine concentrations and IGF-I significantly decreased serum corticosterone concentrations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10571453 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10571453)
-----------results and conclusions
RESULTS:
Administration of IGF-I, but not GH, attenuates dexamethasone-induced protein catabolism and increases insulin sensitivity. Simultaneous treatment with GH and IGF-I additively increases the serum concentration of IGF-I, whole-body anabolism, and lipid oxidation. GH or IGF-I when given alone produces similar increases in the serum concentration of IGF-I. However, GH selectively increases skeletal muscle mass whereas IGF-I selectively attenuates the intestinal atrophy and abnormal intestinal ion transport induced by TPN. These tissue-selective anabolic effects of GH and IGF-I are associated with differential increases in protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and jejunum, respectively.
CONCLUSIONS:
Simultaneous treatment with GH and IGF-I may offer the greatest clinical efficacy because of improved nitrogen retention in association with enhanced lipid oxidation and stimulation of protein synthesis in multiple tissue types.

Mr.Beefy
11-06-2019, 04:09 AM
IGF1 is quite safe and tolerable, some may suffer from a mild hypo which is not dangerous and easy to counter with proper nutrition .

Not many consider this but IGF1 suppresses directly the natural GH production, and despite IGF1 being the GH's mediator for many of the GH's ananbolic activities the GH has some systemic effects which are not related to IGF1. And actually as you may see below GH and IGF1 have some distinctively different effects, hence it's advised to combine them, they also have some very favorable synergistic effects, here are some scientific data to support this -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9129466 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9129466)
------------conclusions -
GH and IGF-I combined further enhanced fat oxidation while reducing protein catabolism. Serum insulin concentrations were significantly increased by GH but decreased by IGF-I. GH significantly decreased serum total triiodothyronine concentrations and IGF-I significantly decreased serum corticosterone concentrations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10571453 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10571453)
-----------results and conclusions
RESULTS:
Administration of IGF-I, but not GH, attenuates dexamethasone-induced protein catabolism and increases insulin sensitivity. Simultaneous treatment with GH and IGF-I additively increases the serum concentration of IGF-I, whole-body anabolism, and lipid oxidation. GH or IGF-I when given alone produces similar increases in the serum concentration of IGF-I. However, GH selectively increases skeletal muscle mass whereas IGF-I selectively attenuates the intestinal atrophy and abnormal intestinal ion transport induced by TPN. These tissue-selective anabolic effects of GH and IGF-I are associated with differential increases in protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and jejunum, respectively.
CONCLUSIONS:
Simultaneous treatment with GH and IGF-I may offer the greatest clinical efficacy because of improved nitrogen retention in association with enhanced lipid oxidation and stimulation of protein synthesis in multiple tissue types.

Thank you! That answers my question and more. I didn't know you could combine the two.

Mattymoo
11-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Has anyone bought any from any of our Aussie sponsors ?? And has it made any difference?

Pharmaca
11-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Has anyone bought any from any of our Aussie sponsors ?? And has it made any difference?

We're delivering to Aus (though not ********), we guarantee ****** quality

Jose911
04-19-2020, 01:22 PM
But I thought your labor can only produce so much per week?

peppers85
09-28-2022, 08:57 PM
chiming in on an old post, but if someone is taking IGF LR3, GH, and T4.... when is the most effective time take each?

iTzMrPIP
11-19-2022, 12:07 AM
Can IGF1 LR3 alone increase GH serum on a blood test?

Mr.Beefy
11-19-2022, 04:02 AM
chiming in on an old post, but if someone is taking IGF LR3, GH, and T4.... when is the most effective time take each?

I'd say Gh in the morning..IGF-LR3 after workout...I don't know about T4.. possibly in morning on empty stomach. GH at least 6Months to see anything IMO and you can't take IGF-lr3 for too long..the receptors get desensitized.

Morn knowledgeable brother's.. please chime in.

Loomer1
11-19-2022, 02:07 PM
Can IGF1 LR3 alone increase GH serum on a blood test?

No I dont think it will increase gh serum. For that to happen the igf would have to make your body produce more of it's own gh.
Some of gh converts to igf it wouldnt work the other way around.

Loomer1
11-19-2022, 02:16 PM

I dont believe in running t4 with gh. Only the few that actually need it on gh should. Anyone else it would do more harm than good. But the igf would act as if you were running slin with gh so that's a great combo.
With gh morning, mid day, and night.
Igf pre workout and if you want to take it a step further peg-mgf on your days off.

Side note: not everyone knows this but with igf you need to reconstitute with acetic acid.
And when you pin you do 1 part acetic igf solution with 4 parts bac water.
So if you hit the 10 on a slin with igf you'll end up on the 50 after you add the bac.