PDA

View Full Version : Exercise induced headache/migraine

fairdinkydi
10-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Hey brothers was hoping to get sum help or advice as I think I damaged my brain or muscle near brain haha

Other night pushed out a pub on leg press but straight after a massive pain struck me in the head and hurt like a mofo then after couldn't lift much without pain coming back. So the next night had rest and day off work to rest as I continued to have a constant headache which would amp up with more physical exertion. The day after that I tried working out but any real force needed to push weight made the right side of my head feel like I been hit??? I tried again today and still anything over light exertion makes the right side hurt.
Dr google says it maybe an exertion headache which occurs with dehydration and not breathing thru exercise which makes a lot of blood flood to head at once... which kinda makes sense.

I am on test e 500mg and tren e 400mg a week which might account for dehydration and slight headache but not on this scale and not since I been drinking more then 5l a day and pissing clear?

please anyone with same experience and cures please reply as I really don't want to not gym for weeks as google suggests:( and btw I can't see doc for 3 days which really got me frustrated 😖

Cajun897
10-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Rest might have popped a blood vessel and or dehydration listen to your body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

your123man
10-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Whats your blood pressure? You should test this upon waking, sitting up, feet flat, arm on a flat surface just at or below chest level. You figure we exert heavy pressure when doing lifts, especially compound lifts. if your BP is already in the high end, and then youre doing a heavy lift, its very possible you popped a blood vessel which COULD lead to a brain bleed. If you have 3 days of headaches, describing it as being hit in the head, and it were me, I'd go get a CAT scan. Thats not normal, they will take BP for you too if you dont have a monitor at home (anyone on gear should but thats another convo). If you do have a bleed, the longer you leave it, the worse its going to get.

Cajun897
10-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Whats your blood pressure? You should test this upon waking, sitting up, feet flat, arm on a flat surface just at or below chest level. You figure we exert heavy pressure when doing lifts, especially compound lifts. if your BP is already in the high end, and then youre doing a heavy lift, its very possible you popped a blood vessel which COULD lead to a brain bleed. If you have 3 days of headaches, describing it as being hit in the head, and it were me, I'd go get a CAT scan. Thats not normal, they will take BP for you too if you dont have a monitor at home (anyone on gear should but thats another convo). If you do have a bleed, the longer you leave it, the worse its going to get.
This is true especially with aas make sure estro.is in check because of water retention causing bp problems

Cajun897
10-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Hey brothers was hoping to get sum help or advice as I think I damaged my brain or muscle near brain haha

Other night pushed out a pub on leg press but straight after a massive pain struck me in the head and hurt like a mofo then after couldn't lift much without pain coming back. So the next night had rest and day off work to rest as I continued to have a constant headache which would amp up with more physical exertion. The day after that I tried working out but any real force needed to push weight made the right side of my head feel like I been hit??? I tried again today and still anything over light exertion makes the right side hurt.
Dr google says it maybe an exertion headache which occurs with dehydration and not breathing thru exercise which makes a lot of blood flood to head at once... which kinda makes sense.

I am on test e 500mg and tren e 400mg a week which might account for dehydration and slight headache but not on this scale and not since I been drinking more then 5l a day and pissing clear?

please anyone with same experience and cures please reply as I really don't want to not gym for weeks as google suggests:( and btw I can't see doc for 3 days which really got me frustrated 😖
Been having any nosebleeds?

fairdinkydi
10-24-2016, 05:04 PM
Been having any nosebleeds?

No nosebleeds just constant headache even with nuerafen "sp" then spikes in right side with medium exertion

bulk_cut
10-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Hey brothers was hoping to get sum help or advice as I think I damaged my brain or muscle ne struck me in the head and hurt like a mofo then after couldn't lift much without pain coming back. So the next night had rest and day off work to rest as I continued to have a constant headache which would amp up with more physical exertion. The day after that I tried working out but any real force needed to push weight made the right side of my head feel like I been hit??? I tried again today and still anything over light exertion makes the right side hurt.

The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine and he went to the Dr and it was indeed exercise induced migraines. The Dr told him they would clear up on their own but would take a couple months. Do some

bulk_cut
10-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Do some more research online about them.

HardtoGain
10-24-2016, 06:12 PM
I used to get exertion headaches. Sometimes if I started too fast in the gym, and especially if I started with pull ups. I am not sure why but it took a couple days to go away and I have to warm up slower now. Haven't got one in over a year.

Gunner16
10-24-2016, 06:13 PM
I've learned this since injuring my neck and having it fused. You have tiny muscles at the base of the back of your head and if you knot those up they will cause the symptoms your describing. They are up high on the back of your neck it could be as easy as massaging that area out and putting heat on it. I still would see a doctor if you can you don't want to mess with this.

fairdinkydi
10-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Some good advice cheers brothers

fairdinkydi
10-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Well seen the doc today and as expected has prescribed rest after he checked no fam history and ecg was fine and also took blood to check all levels fine.
Soo I pretty frustrated with myself right now but moving forward does anyone have advice to speed recovery?
Was thinking of cutting tren e and get sum cjc 1295 (dac) due to its healing??? Yep I desperate it summer here and I was making sum srs gains haha