PDA

View Full Version : MTI scheduled

unforgiven
10-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Ok guys,I broke down and went to to the ortho at the sports medicine clinic. He pushed and pulled around on me and said he felt like there was rotator cuff damage. He didn't know what he was going to do until after the MEI. My question about this is to those of you with direct experience. Am I going to be able to recover back to my full potential or am I going to be handicapped from it. By saying handicapped will I be anle to bench in the 400's anymore?

biker84
10-29-2016, 05:03 PM
Personally, it took a few years but my shoulder is as good as it was before I hurt it. It's been a few years but if I remember correctly. My doc explained that if it's degenerative, surgery will only help so much. But if it was an injury. Surgery will definitely help get you back to pre-injury shape. Hope this helps and good luck.

unforgiven
10-30-2016, 05:13 AM
Thnx Bro. I can't stand it. Have to stay positive I could never imagine not lifting heavy.

bulk_cut
10-30-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm a personal trainer and specialize in the therapeutic aspect. I actually know what I'm doing and am not one of those idiots you find at your local LA Fitness (no offense if there are any on here). I have a lot of clients and even friends who suffer from what feels like and what they have been told are rotator cuff problems and every one of them have ended up being caused by the same thing - muscle imbalances causing your shouldesr to rotate forward causing an impingement which causes referred pain that mimicks a rotator cuff injury. This is mostly caused by overly tight pecs and upper traps along with under active lower traps, rhomboids and seratus anterior.

biker84
10-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Thnx Bro. I can't stand it. Have to stay positive I could never imagine not lifting heavy.
I hear ya buddy. I had a long hard recovery and it killed me not be able to hit the gym and throw around some plates. On the other hand, I've had some buddy's that didn't seem to miss a beat. So hopefully that the case for you.

biker84
10-30-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm a personal trainer and specialize in the therapeutic aspect. I actually know what I'm doing and am not one of those idiots you find at your local LA Fitness (no offense if there are any on here). I have a lot of clients and even friends who suffer from what feels like and what they have been told are rotator cuff problems and every one of them have ended up being caused by the same thing - muscle imbalances causing your shouldesr to rotate forward causing an impingement which causes referred pain that mimicks a rotator cuff injury. This is mostly caused by overly tight pecs and upper traps along with under active lower traps, rhomboids and seratus anterior.
I would argue the impingement is more painful then a torn rotator. I developed an impingement due to a rotator injury, and it was more painful. Then the tear. My entire arm would throb all day and night. Pure torture...lol

unforgiven
10-30-2016, 11:30 PM
I would argue the impingement is more painful then a torn rotator. I developed an impingement due to a rotator injury, and it was more painful. Then the tear. My entire arm would throb all day and night. Pure torture...lol
It does throb all freaking night.

biker84
10-30-2016, 11:36 PM
That was the worst! Forget it, if I rolled over on that side whilst sleeping I would wake up and no chance of falling back to sleep. Manned up for 4 years and finally gave in....lol. looking back in wish I had done it sooner...typical me