PDA

View Full Version : MRI results

unforgiven
11-02-2016, 02:38 AM
I got the results today. Degenerative arthritis and a partially torn rotator cuff. No surgery but said in a way it was worst because the arthritis will get worst over time. He is not sure if the pain is from the tear or inflammation. He injected it, gave me anti-inflammatatorys and sent me to therapy back in two weeks. Give me some input guys kinda kicked in the balls!!!

bruski36
11-02-2016, 03:01 AM
sorry to hear that i'm having rotator cuff surgery in late december a complete tear of the supraspinatus tendon

xmuscle
11-06-2016, 02:09 AM
I had same issue but it ended up getting worse and ended up getting a full shoulder replacment..I was almost bone on bone and arthritis was giving me severe pain..i would recommend get it arthroscopic surgery with a scope fix the tear and scrap out some of that arthritis if they can.

rcorchid
11-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Just had rotator cuff surgery 2 weeks ago today, completely torn supra and labrum. But was back in the gym 2 days later doing legs! Still lifting 3-4 times a week, just avoiding the shoulder. Physical Therapist is amazed at my recovery, we are doing mild strength training now. If you're in good shape you can get it to heal faster than the average Joe.

GrimR
11-20-2016, 08:29 PM
That definitely sucks, I can only hope to avoid this sort of thing as long as possible!

Hope all goes well in the end mate!

unforgiven
12-09-2016, 06:26 AM
Well, I'm looking at another 5 weeks before a decision. Going nuts here!!!! However this time he was a little more positive about it healing.

bruski36
12-24-2016, 04:25 PM
sorry to hear that had rotator cuff surgery 2 days ago. was it a contrasting MRI? shows damage better.

FutureIFBBProJARow23
04-17-2017, 12:59 AM
I got the results today. Degenerative arthritis and a partially torn rotator cuff. No surgery but said in a way it was worst because the arthritis will get worst over time. He is not sure if the pain is from the tear or inflammation. He injected it, gave me anti-inflammatatorys and sent me to therapy back in two weeks. Give me some input guys kinda kicked in the balls!!! only thing I know is to lay off gym so you don't make it worse