PDA

View Full Version : Slins place in powerlifting

TruffleButter1
11-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Hey guys,
Powerlifter, just had a meet and am now obviously heading into a volume phase now. Just wondering if any fellow powerlifters use slin in volume phases (whilst on a cruise) to help add some mass. Obviously the more muscle you have, the more potential strength u have available to tap into later in the program. Wondering if anyone here uses slin on cruise with good results as I am seriously contemplating it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your123man
11-12-2016, 09:18 PM
I know some pretty massive powerlifters, and they dont even know the difference between humalin-r and humalog, ie they dont know shit about slin. Some of them GH even. They literally just blast massive amounts of AAS and eat enough for entire 3rd world countries, while training hard hard hard.

I honestly dont know how slin would benefit a powerlifter. most of that is ligament strength over muscle strength. And really, the less muscle SIZE in a ratio to pure STRENGTH is better in powerlifting. I'd rather be 190lbs lifting a 1800 total than 210lbs with an 1800 total.

mastermolnar
11-12-2016, 09:42 PM
I know some pretty massive powerlifters, and they dont even know the difference between humalin-r and humalog, ie they dont know shit about slin. Some of them GH even. They literally just blast massive amounts of AAS and eat enough for entire 3rd world countries, while training hard hard hard.

I honestly dont know how slin would benefit a powerlifter. most of that is ligament strength over muscle strength. And really, the less muscle SIZE in a ratio to pure STRENGTH is better in powerlifting. I'd rather be 190lbs lifting a 1800 total than 210lbs with an 1800 total.

Yeah if you were 190 with an 1800 total you'd be a godly powerlifter. Hell at 210 you would be too.

As far as the OP I can see slin having its benefits for sure, as long as you really dial in on your diet and don't let yourself get sloppy. Proper utilization can do amazing things in terms of recovery. Whether powerlifting or bodybuilding it's all about the recovery and muscular adaptation. That's just my 2 cents on it, although I don't know of any powerlifters personally that run slin cycles

your123man
11-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah if you were 190 with an 1800 total you'd be a godly powerlifter. Hell at 210 you would be too.

As far as the OP I can see slin having its benefits for sure, as long as you really dial in on your diet and don't let yourself get sloppy. Proper utilization can do amazing things in terms of recovery. Whether powerlifting or bodybuilding it's all about the recovery and muscular adaptation. That's just my 2 cents on it, although I don't know of any powerlifters personally that run slin cycles
Ya i dont have experience in the PL side either. What ive been told is that bodyfat is beneficial to lifts in certain ways. They guys that i know arent fat by any means, just look more like bears. But higher bf = less insulin sensitivity = more bf storage with use of exogenous bf. I suppose if you can stay pretty lean, then yes i'd agree with insulin for RECOVERY as a shuttle, but idk about insulin the way bbers use it for really DRIVING nutrients. Maybe smaller doses post training of a faster acting slin?

Just brain storming.

mastermolnar
11-13-2016, 02:17 AM
Ya i dont have experience in the PL side either. What ive been told is that bodyfat is beneficial to lifts in certain ways. They guys that i know arent fat by any means, just look more like bears. But higher bf = less insulin sensitivity = more bf storage with use of exogenous bf. I suppose if you can stay pretty lean, then yes i'd agree with insulin for RECOVERY as a shuttle, but idk about insulin the way bbers use it for really DRIVING nutrients. Maybe smaller doses post training of a faster acting slin?

Just brain storming.

Well assuming we are talking about insulin use on cycle I'd say it's pretty much a definite it will help in recovery, but again that's all speculation without a specific set of circumstances.

ducksonthewall
11-17-2016, 12:39 PM
The way I see insulin for strength athletes, it's just another means or tool to use for putting on size. I know there are several top guys that use everything at their disposal to gain weight. (hint: none of them are below the 275s lol).

Bigskwats
05-06-2017, 05:56 AM
I use novorapid at 10iu pre workout for recovery purposes it seems to work well