PDA

View Full Version : Grinding shoulders what could this be ??

Blue
11-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Hay

for a long time now my shoulders have been grinding when I move then specially when training them it gets bad,,I get this unbearable discomfort deep within the joints when lifting doing shoulder press etc

any one one have idea what this could be from or best way to treat

or if anyone has similar problems

cheers guys

keep lifting and eating :)(:

Blue
11-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Hay .. No injuries atall . Both my shoulders are the same both grinding when lifting or rotating ,, been like it for a couple of years now . Iv been taking the usaul supplements for joint support etc but nothing seem to Make it any better .

Just worried that one day am gunna do so serious damage if not doing it slowly already ..

Cheers will have to look into different methods off traing my shoulders to see witch would suit me best to stop the grinding

Montego
11-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Look into doing some pre-hab exercises.

I struggled with my shoulders for a long time and when I started rotator cuff exercises it helped tremendously.

If it's grinding though, I think you might want to get an MRI. Could have a bone spur or some of the cartilage that covers the bone could be torn away. It could also just be scar tissue from a previous injury you didn't know you had.

This happen to my knee a few years back.

Gunner16
11-13-2016, 07:02 PM
I've had 3 right shoulder surgeries and I played baseball well all sports. Then I became a carpenter I was told by my doctor about 8 months ago my shoulders especially my right was really good. I get a deep bone pain with grinding and popping. He said mild inflammation and I'm 42 so just life And everything I've done. The thing that works best for me is warm moist heat and ibuprofen. I do make sure every time I shoulders I also concentrate on my rotator and the small muscle of the shoulder. Also make sure you keep that upper back and neck strong it will really help with shoulder stability. My neck is also fused so I do know a little about this. My best piece of advice which I didn't follow until later in life is listen and to your body if it hurts don't do it or figure out a different way to do it. Also let things rest and heal no pain no gain isn't the best advice. Good luck and also make sure you warm those shoulders up and stretch.

bulk_cut
11-13-2016, 07:58 PM
When you stand up do your shoulders roll forward at all?

Do your hands lay next to the sides of your thighs facing each other or are they more in front of your thighs all most like they're over your front pockets?

When you stand straight and try raiseing your arms above your head do they go back to about your ears or will they not go back that far?

Electromass
11-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Hay

for a long time now my shoulders have been grinding when I move then specially when training them it gets bad,,I get this unbearable discomfort deep within the joints when lifting doing shoulder press etc

cheers guys

keep lifting and eating :)(:
Took me a while to locate this again. I've had a problem with my left rotator cuff and this has helped me tremendously.
Shoulder Impingement Exercises | Rehab The Joint Capsule and External Rotators - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szxmmTUeufI)

bulk_cut
11-14-2016, 01:19 AM
Oh my Electromass, PLEASE don't do those any more!!! Your problem is generated from tight Pecs, being upper Trap dominant and having week Rhomboids, lower Traps and possibly Seratus Anterior.

There are WAY better things you should be doing.

Took me a while to locate this again. I've had a problem with my left rotator cuff and this has helped me tremendously.
Shoulder Impingement Exercises | Rehab The Joint Capsule and External Rotators - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szxmmTUeufI)

Electromass
11-14-2016, 01:33 AM
Oh my Electromass, PLEASE don't do those any more!!! Your problem is generated from tight Pecs, being upper Trap dominant and having week Rhomboids, lower Traps and possibly Seratus Anterior.

There are WAY better things you should be doing.
Really...don't throw that bone out there without telling...lay it on me brother!!

Blue
11-14-2016, 10:27 AM
If I read that right then then if I stand naturally my hand full in front of my pocket just about ... and if put my hands by my sides and raise them up above my head then thay don't go as far back as my ears not far off tho but thay stop before my ears.. so thay don't go as far back as my ears lol

hope I read that right :)

Electromass
11-14-2016, 10:44 AM
If I read that right then then if I stand naturally my hand full in front of my pocket just about ... and if put my hands by my sides and raise them up above my head then thay don't go as far back as my ears not far off tho but thay stop before my ears.. so thay don't go as far back as my ears lol

hope I read that right :)
Here's a little exercise to get your shoulders in the right position.
Shoulder Pain and Popping (SHORT & LONG TERM FIX!) - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0)

FutureIFBBProJARow23
04-17-2017, 01:00 AM
Hay

cheers guys

keep lifting and eating :)(: could be your ac joint