PDA

View Full Version : First Experience

Leoterelli250
11-16-2016, 02:45 AM
I am just going to pretty much lay out how my first experience went home brewing, and as you read along and see the mistakes I made if you guys could chime in and tell me what I may or may not have done wrong that would be awesome. I started with 100 grams of sust and wanted to make 400ml of 250g/ml. I used 265ml of gso, 100g of powder, 40ml of bb, 10ml of ba. I went with a 10%/2.5% dose because I have seen some different recipes for sust and a lot of them going as low as 7.5% bb but I went a little higher just because it was my first time and didn't want it to crash. I mixed the powder, bb, then the ba all in one container simmering on some water and in another beaker the gso simmering at the same temp. I then mixed it all together. I stirred it and it was still cloudy. The water temp was only about 120f. So I increased it and kept stirring, and it became nice and clear. I then filtered it through a millipore filter with a vacuum which took a while. Seriously, mad respect for those who filter through a whatman and syringe that takes patience.
I want to pause here and say that as it filtered I wanted to sterilize my vials, tops, and stoppers. This is a process I really need help with. I soaked everything in 90% alcohol then put it on two separate trays. I put it in a small oven at apporoximately 450f. I know for sure the vials were not dry yet and the vials legit caught on fire. I took them out and blew it out nothing serious. Made sure it all dried up and then put it back in for 30 minutes. Then some of the caps melted to the pan so I had to throw them away. I am a amateur for sure.
Once the vials were sterilized, or at least I think, I used a bottle top dispenser to pour out 40 vials of 10ml. This is all for personal use I just really wanted enough to never have to do this again for a while and didnt want one giant vial. However, as I was dispensing I only got 37 vials which worried me a lot.
Once done I pinned 2cc. I am a pretty decent size guy, 5'11 225 very lean, and have run sust before from a very good source but pinning my stuff was very smooth and so far no pip and no issues at all. Furthermore, after about 2 or so hours I went to go train. Granted I was training arms, however, after my first set I felt so dam pumped and could really feel the energy and strength from my sust. I told my self several times it's definitely a placebo effect, because I always have an amazing pump. However, literally 3 people even commented how pumped and jacked I was today. Maybe its from the short esters?? My sust looks very very clear with a beautiful tint of yellow, pinned very smoothly, and seems good.
Questions I have:
1) What reasons are there I was short by anywhere from 30-40mls? Maybe I was a little of on measuring my gso which could be because I did eye ball it, is there a part in the process where I am be wasting some of the product?
2) If I miss measured my gso what dose that make my product? Overdose? Under?
3) If someone would give me some better steps on how to sterilize my vials, caps and toppers. After I wash it all with alcohol how should I let it dry properly? Also how to I sterilize the caps without them melting like they did? should I put a baking sheet under them? I feel like they still would have melted.
Also I am willing to post pics if anyone is interested and wanted to take this opportunity to thank people on this site for posting information that really helped me out a lot. I mean it.