PDA

View Full Version : 1st Cycle...1st Labs...Opinions appreciated!

KPack
11-24-2016, 01:06 AM

I am 51. I am running 6th week of Deca 400mg x 2, Test E 600mg x 2, Finished Dbol last week, and 2 weeks ago started grey top 2iu in am and 2iu in pm. These are my labs from last week. I cannot discuss this with my Dr. and so any opinions/education appreciated. Do I need to be concerned about the IGF-1?

bdad
11-24-2016, 01:34 AM
If your concerned about high IGF-1, that is a good thing as far as build muscle.

KPack
11-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Ok good to know is there any other side effects I should worry about? Ty

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bdad
11-24-2016, 03:58 PM
There is a lot of info available online in regards to this matter. Some believe if cancer is present High IGF-1 levels speeds up growth. Also In the past I've taken IGF-1 post workout with decent results. Its been a while since I researched this in depth.

Hormone #3: IGF-1
IGF-1 isn't a top-secret chemical, nor is it a dangerous steroid. IGF1 is actually a natural molecular structure similar to insulin. IGF-1 is the abbreviation for Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1. IGF-1 or Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 plays a vital role in childhood growth and stimulates anabolic effects (muscle building) in adults.

There are 70 inter-connected amino acids that make up a single chain of IGF-1. IGF-1 is a hormone that is produced when the liver is stimulated by human growth hormone. When levels of HGH rise in the blood, the liver responds by producing more IGF-1. These higher "bursts" spur growth and regeneration by the body's cells, especially in muscle cells. Increases in IGF-1 levels have shown positive effects on increases in muscle strength, size, and efficiency. When you do not have enough IGF-1 in your body, whether caused by disease, malnutrition or a hormone imbalance, your growth can be stunted.

The primary purpose of IGF-1 is to stimulate cell growth. Every cell in the human body can be affected by IGF-1, but cells in muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, skin tissue, lungs, and nerves tend to be most positively affected.

Several scientific tests have been conducted to determine the benefits of IGF-1 and thus have prompted companies to seek approval from the Federal Drug and Administration for substances that can increase the body's IGF-1 levels. IGF-1 can also stimulate a decrease in body fat, an increase in lean muscle mass, improved skin tone and restful sleep. IGF-1 has also been documented to increase the rate and extent of muscle repair after injuries or strains. Not only do muscles recover more quickly, they also tend to return stronger and healthier than ever when levels of IGF-1 in the bloodstream are at their highest.

Many believe that (IGF-1) is the key factor in muscle growth. It is released from the liver during times of high insulin and high GH (growth hormone) levels. I will repeat, to stimulate the production if IGF-1, GH levels and insulin must be high simultaneously. This is the problematic part because when insulin levels are high, GH is normally kept low.
This is another reason why insulin levels must be consistently controlled. Insulin levels must be raised at specific times to promote enhanced growth and IGF-1 production. For example, to make IGF-1 work for you after a hard workout of 45 minutes your GH levels will be very high so If you then eat a high carb/high protein meal, you will cause a rise in insulin levels, which will cause the release of IGF-1.

IGF-1 is not released during times of low insulin levels. Low insulin and low IGF-1 levels are the primary reasons it is difficult to gain muscle on low-carb diets. It should be noted to that low pro*tein intake also causes a decrease in IGF-1 levels.