PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with having too much intensity?

Anzel
12-07-2016, 08:35 PM
How do you deal with having too much intensity?

Strange question yes but sometimes we can over train or get hurt if we dont keep it in check...

I wanted to write this post because I remember that every time I blast I train very hard but also seem to push myself beyond comfort sometimes. Running this risk of over training becomes a struggle. I seriously feel I have to slam the weights 24/7 because .......... "I dont wanna waste the gear".

Of course we know that when we rest and sleep is when we grow and that proper diet is important but I just cant help it! I start thinking I need more frequency and more volume and morning and afternoon training , etc. I get up earlier or stay up later or both! I keep pushing as if Im invincible.

I do catch myself and try to bring myself back to reality but If I try to take a day off I feel antsy and like Im not doing the right thing.

What are some measures you guys take to kinda force yourself to slow down? For example , do you go for a bike ride or a jog? Or do you maybe do some work around the house? What are some things you might do to take your mind off wanting to constantly crush?

I know some of you guys will say all you ever do is train no matter what and that you eat barbells and shit metal filings but what about everyone else? http://www.steroidology.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Electromass
12-07-2016, 09:15 PM
How do you deal with having too much intensity?

Strange question yes but sometimes we can over train or get hurt if we dont keep it in check...

I wanted to write this post because I remember that every time I blast I train very hard but also seem to push myself beyond comfort sometimes. Running this risk of over training becomes a struggle. I seriously feel I have to slam the weights 24/7 because .......... "I dont wanna waste the gear".

Of course we know that when we rest and sleep is when we grow and that proper diet is important but I just cant help it! I start thinking I need more frequency and more volume and morning and afternoon training , etc. I get up earlier or stay up later or both! I keep pushing as if Im invincible.

I do catch myself and try to bring myself back to reality but If I try to take a day off I feel antsy and like Im not doing the right thing.

What are some measures you guys take to kinda force yourself to slow down? For example , do you go for a bike ride or a jog? Or do you maybe do some work around the house? What are some things you might do to take your mind off wanting to constantly crush?

I know some of you guys will say all you ever do is train no matter what and that you eat barbells and shit metal filings but what about everyone else? http://www.steroidology.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Depends on what I'm running, but I usually go beat my meat a few hundred times!!

Vision
12-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Honestly, when I have to much zeal I will take advantage of it because I too can have an opposite state of being, and when I have no motivation and on those instances I wish I was back in full throttle mode..Take it when you have it, use it when it's there, because it's hard to stay full blown gunz blazin during a 12-16 week blast..

Take the good with the bad, ups and downs..

When I feel "manic" that's when I will maybe incorporate some movements that I longed to capitalize on, focusing on lagging parts, and maybe even 2 leg sessions a week, do legs twice a week, that will slow your pace down a bit and humble you real fast.

Anzel
12-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Depends on what I'm running, but I usually go beat my meat a few hundred times!!
Haha... I knew that answer was coming!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Electromass
12-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Haha... I knew that answer was coming!

Lol...ok, now that we've got that one outta the way....I usually will do extra sets, or a lagging body part. Seems like a good time to take advantage of this.

Radman69
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Usually plan a vacation ahead of time(even if its a short weekend back packing trip at the nearest state park) or have a random beach/state park day with my daughters.

Radman69
12-07-2016, 10:23 PM

.........and this too......

Anzel
12-08-2016, 10:44 PM
So now I'm asking another question that's in the same realm as the first....

How do you guys maintain intensity when life start s throwing curve balls. I thought of this because I found that being angry has actually made me drive myself harder! But I also remember having a big argument with my girl and although I felt angry I also felt wiped out and stressed...... And my motivation was gone.
Any tricks you guys use to get yourself back into battle mode?

Electromass
12-09-2016, 04:06 AM
So now I'm asking another question that's in the same realm as the first....

How do you guys maintain intensity when life start s throwing curve balls. I thought of this because I found that being angry has actually made me drive myself harder! But I also remember having a big argument with my girl and although I felt angry I also felt wiped out and stressed...... And my motivation was gone.
Any tricks you guys use to get yourself back into battle mode?

Actually, and ironically...getting away from the gym life for a couple of days does wonders in this situation. A couple of things for me is, if I don't have it for a little bit, then I find my drive and excitement has come back. Kinda like being spoiled and taking shit for granted. When it's not there all the time it builds anticipation...it's in our nature. Plus, the rest and relaxation for you, and or your loved ones can benefit all. YOU WILL GROW MUSCLE DOING THIS!!
And your family/social life

Shortwhitesprinter
12-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Agree with the Emass...I would take 3-4 days off. Being 46, I have to rest after ME days, before I wouldnt need to...seems and speed days are fine. I just dont recover as fast or mostly feel the need to grind----EXCEPT when im running tren...That stuff can make me grind and grind...Pec tear last year after a 510 Raw attempt after hitting 505 in the bench. SO, Ive toned it back a tad...wife isnt happy when IM beat to shit....LOL.
Rest, weekend drive getting away works...

Anzel
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Agree with the Emass...I would take 3-4 days off. Being 46, I have to rest after ME days, before I wouldnt need to...seems and speed days are fine. I just dont recover as fast or mostly feel the need to grind----EXCEPT when im running tren...That stuff can make me grind and grind...Pec tear last year after a 510 Raw attempt after hitting 505 in the bench. SO, Ive toned it back a tad...wife isnt happy when IM beat to shit....LOL.
Rest, weekend drive getting away works...Fawk thats a big bench press!

Beastie
12-11-2016, 05:17 PM
I have spirtual mind control over it..sounds crazy but true..try some deep meditation..it helps..

Anzel
12-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I have spirtual mind control over it..sounds crazy but true..try some deep meditation..it helps..
I have thought about it..... I would be a real hard case for it tho. My mind is constantly fully engaged. Like waaayyy too much. Major over thinker here lol

Beastie
12-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I was also..until i learned how to slow it down..and control it..If I can do it..anyone can do it...believe me!!