View Full Version : Needs some guidance

Johnny5
12-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Hey BOP I need some help with what I should use for my first cycle. I'm 6' 160 and 30years old. Been lifting on and off for several years. I'd like to get about 20-30lbs of muscle mass. What do you guys suggest. Thanks

Masse
12-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Your very first cycle?
If so, then I would only start with Testosterone...
About 500mg, start with 250mg in the week and then 500mg..
You should know how long your cycle is..
You have to understand what you are doing!
Give your body the time to grow..
Research more..
Don't forget that you also should by an AI, Exemestane or Arimidex..
When you want, make a blood test before you use AAS and then some weeks later again to see how you are doing..

VallieFlag
12-09-2016, 06:38 PM
6 foot and only 160? Hmm you've got a long way to go tbh. It will take you many cycles to get and retain 30lbs of pure muscle. First cycle is almost always test only, and if you MUST have an oral, use dbol or tbol, keep your diet incredibly clean and lift consistently. Not much else to it. Have an AI on hand as Masse said and listen to your body. Keep a journal and write down every single thing you take and eat.

bobhead
12-09-2016, 06:53 PM
I'd just run testosterone at 500-750mg a week.

Revelations
12-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Your very first cycle?
If so, then I would only start with Testosterone...
About 500mg, start with 250mg in the week and then 500mg..
You should know how long your cycle is..
You have to understand what you are doing!
Give your body the time to grow..
Research more..
Don't forget that you also should by an AI, Exemestane or Arimidex..
When you want, make a blood test before you use AAS and then some weeks later again to see how you are doing..
This about covers the basics brother and as he said, research is your friend; read the stickies in the "anabolics" section I think; it has a bunch of good articles regarding cycles for newbies and that nature. Only other advice I wanted to add is to donate blood if you can and most importantly ** Get all your products and enough of each product in hand before your run** Don't get two vials of test e and 10 syringes and think your gtg and worry about pct later... Wrong way to go about it. For a first run of test e or c this should be a list of goodies you want to grab:
. (3-4) 10mL: vials of test e or c 250mg- this should be enough to cover your first run at around 500mg/week. If you do the math, two actually has you covered for a 10 week run, but you have to be prepared to lose some product in the injection process and/or a vial could break and your shit outta luck. Grab extras and do it right brother.
.(At least 20) Syringes: another important product because depending on your location you might have to order yours. Depending on injection frequency, you might be able to get away with as few as 10, but boy would it suck to be wrong and not be able to finish a cycle because you don't have pins on hand. I recommend 20 or so 3cc 1" 25g syringes; this will be fine for most site injections. Make sure they are luer-lock so you can also get drawing needles. Drawing needles are usually lower gauge (meaning they are bigger). I personally like 21 or 22g drawing needles as it will get the oil out of the vial quick and easy. Length of drawing needle doesn't really matter but anything under an inch is preferable. Finally get alcohol wipes and anything else you feel to help make the process as sanitary as possible. I have never got an infection or anything (knock on wood) and I would say that it is primarily due to my OCD injection procedures. I treat every injection like a hospital procedure and don't fuck around with risking anything in the process. I've seen too many horror stories...
.(At least 30) AI of your choice; I prefer arimidex 1mg tabs: You could get more, but these are easy to replenish as you know when you are about to run out, but again it never hurts to get more especially if you order from a source that takes longer to ship.
.Clomid/ nolva or both preferably 30 tabs of each should have you covered on a run of test at 500mg
.HCG- I've never used and haven't had a problem with recovery from solo test but I am a little younger than you and everyone is different brother. I personally think you will be just fine with clomid and nolva on test solo but I'm sure someone in the brotherhood will chime in and disagree
That's about it for you xmas goodie list. Like I said main things you wanna have on hand in excess amount is your injectables and syringes; pct is important to have on hand before as well, but like I said in the incidence such as a vial being broke or something, it just would really be shitty mid cycle. Hope this helps and please let us know how it goes!!
-Rev

fitraver
12-09-2016, 08:18 PM
This about covers the basics brother and as he said, research is your friend; read the stickies in the "anabolics" section I think; it has a bunch of good articles regarding cycles for newbies and that nature. Only other advice I wanted to add is to donate blood if you can and most importantly ** Get all your products and enough of each product in hand before your run** Don't get two vials of test e and 10 syringes and think your gtg and worry about pct later... Wrong way to go about it. For a first run of test e or c this should be a list of goodies you want to grab:
. (3-4) 10mL: vials of test e or c 250mg- this should be enough to cover your first run at around 500mg/week. If you do the math, two actually has you covered for a 10 week run, but you have to be prepared to lose some product in the injection process and/or a vial could break and your shit outta luck. Grab extras and do it right brother.
.(At least 20) Syringes: another important product because depending on your location you might have to order yours. Depending on injection frequency, you might be able to get away with as few as 10, but boy would it suck to be wrong and not be able to finish a cycle because you don't have pins on hand. I recommend 20 or so 3cc 1" 25g syringes; this will be fine for most site injections. Make sure they are luer-lock so you can also get drawing needles. Drawing needles are usually lower gauge (meaning they are bigger). I personally like 21 or 22g drawing needles as it will get the oil out of the vial quick and easy. Length of drawing needle doesn't really matter but anything under an inch is preferable. Finally get alcohol wipes and anything else you feel to help make the process as sanitary as possible. I have never got an infection or anything (knock on wood) and I would say that it is primarily due to my OCD injection procedures. I treat every injection like a hospital procedure and don't fuck around with risking anything in the process. I've seen too many horror stories...
.(At least 30) AI of your choice; I prefer arimidex 1mg tabs: You could get more, but these are easy to replenish as you know when you are about to run out, but again it never hurts to get more especially if you order from a source that takes longer to ship.
.Clomid/ nolva or both preferably 30 tabs of each should have you covered on a run of test at 500mg
.HCG- I've never used and haven't had a problem with recovery from solo test but I am a little younger than you and everyone is different brother. I personally think you will be just fine with clomid and nolva on test solo but I'm sure someone in the brotherhood will chime in and disagree
That's about it for you xmas goodie list. Like I said main things you wanna have on hand in excess amount is your injectables and syringes; pct is important to have on hand before as well, but like I said in the incidence such as a vial being broke or something, it just would really be shitty mid cycle. Hope this helps and please let us know how it goes!!
-Rev

Revelations has you WELL covered. Nice help man!

Johnny5
12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Thank you to all my BOP brothers that took the time to respond.

PAiN
12-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Have you had blood work done to test your levels?

bulk_cut
12-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Hey BOP I need some help with what I should use for my first cycle. I'm 6' 160 and 30years old. Been lifting on and off for several years. I'd like to get about 20-30lbs of muscle mass. What do you guys suggest. Thanks

You have a LONG way to go naturally before you should even consider steroids. If you're only 160lbs it's because you're not eating enough of the right kind of foods. Steroids are not a magic substance that all of a sudden you take them and start getting big!!! You NEED to eat big in order to get big on and off steroids!!! If I were you I'd spend some money on a coach - someone who will teach you about nutrition, meel planning and also structure workouts for you. I guarantee you will see impressive results from that alone and it will end up being the best money you can spend on yourself. A year or two down the road after doing that then think about adding in some steroids if you want!!!

SC
12-10-2016, 08:35 PM
You have a LONG way to go naturally before you should even consider steroids. If you're only 160lbs it's because you're not eating enough of the right kind of foods. Steroids are not a magic substance that all of a sudden you take them and start getting big!!! You NEED to eat big in order to get big on and off steroids!!! If I were you I'd spend some money on a coach - someone who will teach you about nutrition, meel planning and also structure workouts for you. I guarantee you will see impressive results from that alone and it will end up being the best money you can spend on yourself. A year or two down the road after doing that then think about adding in some steroids if you want!!!

This^^

I know a couple guys that have run multiple cycles and you wouldn't even know they hit the gym regularly. Both of them admitted their diets were shit, but it would be "too hard" to get dialed in.

Anzel
12-10-2016, 09:26 PM
If you run a good bulk diet and train consistently you will grow right now. But be patient please. Keep researching and pay attention to your diet and any ways to improve it. You will know when you are ready!

TheMack
12-10-2016, 09:48 PM
The most important part of your fist cycle is the months of research you do in advance. Make sure you are ready for the committment it will take to make your first cycle a success. Many say their first cycle was their best. The last thing you want is to blow your first cycle with inadequate nutrition and poorly executed workouts. If you move forward, definitely test only (test e or test c) at 500 mg/week (dividied into two injections) and make sure you have a solid pct in place. Good luck to you man in reaching your goals.

Private_Label
12-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Just make sure to do your research, AAS can be a great thing if done correctly. Search google and ask questions till you're 100% confident in what you're doing.

Revelations
12-10-2016, 11:18 PM

Thanks @bulk_cut for pointing this out and I would have to agree. at 5'10 I was able to hit 200 lbs fairly lean naturally before even thinking about hopping on, but as Pain mentioned too your best bet is going to be getting a complete hormone panel/ blood test to see where everything is at right now naturally. Low test is going to be a killer for adding mass, but if your levels are in the mid normal ranges, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to add more mass naturally.
-Rev

friend-o-mine
12-11-2016, 05:47 AM
Thanks @bulk_cut for pointing this out and I would have to agree. at 5'10 I was able to hit 200 lbs fairly lean naturally before even thinking about hopping on, but as Pain mentioned too your best bet is going to be getting a complete hormone panel/ blood test to see where everything is at right now naturally. Low test is going to be a killer for adding mass, but if your levels are in the mid normal ranges, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to add more mass naturally.
-Rev

Sure you can add the mass naturally. But alot of people dont like the long amount of time it takes. Time that is measured in YEARS rather than months

Revelations
12-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Sure you can add the mass naturally. But alot of people dont like the long amount of time it takes. Time that is measured in YEARS rather than months
Very true brother, but at 6' tall and 160lb I would still argue that the OP needs to look at diet/ training first; his lbm is low and this is not even factoring in bf%, but I'm guessing he is pretty lean at that weight.
-Rev

SC
12-11-2016, 02:58 PM

The way I look at adding good, lean mass naturally over the course of years is that it proves you are dedicated to the gym and the lifestyle. The OP said he has been lifting "on and off" for the last ten years. I could be wrong, but it sounds like he could be one of those guys that casually strolls around looking for something to do and then ends up playing on the phone for five minutes between sets. This will last a month or so and then you won't see them again. At least not until next January...

Again I'm not accusing the OP of being that guy, but we've all seen them and know what I'm getting on about. We all know getting on gear isn't a decision that should be taken lightly, and it would be a shame for someone to start up only to stop everything altogether because they weren't getting the gains they were hoping for.