PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Gear

LittleTom
12-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Its that time of year again guys and gals when weather becomes a factor in how we store and order our gear. Those that live in the colder regions know all to well what its like to open a pack and see a crystallized bottle of our favorite steroid. The good news is there is a big difference between crashed gear and gear that has fallen out of solution. Crashed gear means that it was not brewed properly to begin with and that it will never "hold" of go back to a liquid form for any length of time. Cold gear or gear that falls out of solution means that the temperature has caused PROPERLY brewed gear to separate. Do not panic. The cold, separated gear will go back into solution and HOLD once properly reheated. The way I do this...
DO NOT flip off the top. Set the vial on a pan and put it on a stove. Slowly heat the vial until the crystals melt. Carefully shake up the vial and repeat until the crystal are completely gone. You can also use a hot plate.
DO NOT PUT THIS SHIT IN THE OVEN. Use the simple method above and if you dont want to deal with theses issues hold off on ordering when temps get so damn cold. Also if you store your gear in the basement, be aware it can get pretty chilly down there to.
Happy Holidays guys.

Johnny1030
12-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Good advice bro it's that time of year where this shit happens.

fitraver
12-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Its that time of year again guys and gals when weather becomes a factor in how we store and order our gear. Those that live in the colder regions know all to well what its like to open a pack and see a crystallized bottle of our favorite steroid. The good news is there is a big difference between crashed gear and gear that has fallen out of solution. Crashed gear means that it was not brewed properly to begin with and that it will never "hold" of go back to a liquid form for any length of time. Cold gear or gear that falls out of solution means that the temperature has caused PROPERLY brewed gear to separate. Do not panic. The cold, separated gear will go back into solution and HOLD once properly reheated. The way I do this...
DO NOT flip off the top. Set the vial on a pan and put it on a stove. Slowly heat the vial until the crystals melt. Carefully shake up the vial and repeat until the crystal are completely gone. You can also use a hot plate.
DO NOT PUT THIS SHIT IN THE OVEN. Use the simple method above and if you dont want to deal with theses issues hold off on ordering when temps get so damn cold. Also if you store your gear in the basement, be aware it can get pretty chilly down there to.
Happy Holidays guys.

Nice advice here bro! Something to always remember. I did it a little different last time I had to, I boiled some water in a small tray and then set the vials in the water so it would come just up high enough that they'd still stand and not try to float and fall over. Worked pretty well.

Just for clarification for people, you're saying that if you do this and get rid of the crystals and then store in proper temps from hat point on, it should remain uncrystallized and not keep falling back it correct? If it does keep falling back it tho, that would be a sign of being crashed and you'd have to keep reheating before each pin?

PAiN
12-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Good info.

You can also wrap it up in a heating pad for a few minutes.

LittleTom
12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Nice advice here bro! Something to always remember. I did it a little different last time I had to, I boiled some water in a small tray and then set the vials in the water so it would come just up high enough that they'd still stand and not try to float and fall over. Worked pretty well.

Just for clarification for people, you're saying that if you do this and get rid of the crystals and then store in proper temps from hat point on, it should remain uncrystallized and not keep falling back it correct? If it does keep falling back it tho, that would be a sign of being crashed and you'd have to keep reheating before each pin?

Correct, it should NOT continue to fall out of solution. 9/10 if you heat it up it should hold. If it keeps falling out over and over its done for. That does not mean its no good... it just means its gonna be a bitch to use AND for guys who preload their pins. The gear WILL crash when loaded in a pin... Learned this shit the hard way.

fitraver
12-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Correct, it should NOT continue to fall out of solution. 9/10 if you heat it up it should hold. If it keeps falling out over and over its done for. That does not mean its no good... it just means its gonna be a bitch to use AND for guys who preload their pins. The gear WILL crash when loaded in a pin... Learned this shit the hard way.

Thanks man thats what I thought just wanted to clarify for others reading. Basically you'd just have to keep heating every time before drawing and slamming.

fitraver
12-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Good info.

You can also wrap it up in a heating pad for a few minutes.

Never thought of that.

Anon44
12-13-2016, 01:56 AM
I've been lucky. I live in one of the coldest parts of the us and thus far I haven't had no issues. But if I do it's go to have the knowledge that's on this thread.

Anon44
12-13-2016, 01:58 AM
Hahahaha fitraver I just noticed your name lol. I take it you party lol

fitraver
12-13-2016, 02:28 AM
Hahahaha fitraver I just noticed your name lol. I take it you party lol

I enjoy a rave and festival every now and then haha ;)

TheMack
12-13-2016, 03:25 AM

I've used the boiled water method before and it works great. I also like Pain's suggestion of using a heating pad. Never thought of that.

Anon44
12-14-2016, 09:45 PM
I enjoy a rave and festival every now and then haha ;)
I remember the first party I went to was helter skelter in Detroit on halloween many years ago. Wu tang clan was there it was badass.