PDA

View Full Version : Increase Appetite Naturally and "Unnaturally"

Christian
12-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Hey Brothers! I'm seeking some advice on how I can get my wimpy appetite up. I've been training for about three years now (age 22) and my main problem, like many, is I can never eat enough! I've got a good diet planned out for someone my size (5'10" 145 lbs) and I prep all my food weekly, so I have literally no excuse to not be eating. But I just don't ever eat all five meals!

It really pisses me off that I've been the same weight for well over a year now, It's absolutely ridiculous. No matter how hard or how often I train, I'll gain strength and a little size and then I always lose it because my appetite is such garbage. As most of us know, the training is the fun part and dieting is what is actually hard. I love everything about weight training, but it has been very discouraging to not see steady rise in strength and weight for this past year or more.

Which has led me to strongly desire starting a cycle, but I don't want to yet. I want to stay natural for as long as it takes to reach my genetic limit and then at that point consider taking the dive, because in my mind that would create the best physique possible.

So super long story short, what are you guys' recommendations for natural and not so natural appetite enhancers?

biker84
12-15-2016, 03:35 PM
How clean are you eating?

biker84
12-15-2016, 03:49 PM
The reason I ask is. You clearly have a very high metabolism. And you shouldn't be to concerned in eating clean at this point. I would be eating fucking bags of chips,fast food, etc. Anything super dense in calories. I on the other hand have to eat clean or I will gain a good amount of fat. I hate you...lol

Anzel
12-15-2016, 04:55 PM
If you eat potatoes add in sour cream. Eat steaks. Carry around PB and just dive in. Leave a premade protein shake out so when you wake up to pee you just down it. Cook with and add coconut oil to everything.
Eat nuts.
I used to drink egg whites. worked great but as I got older had digestive issues so thats out.

Eat some vanilla ice cream... rice pudding...not all the time tho!

The peptide GHRP increase appetite too.

bulk_cut
12-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Steroids are not going to do anything for you if you're not taking in enough calories. Save you're money and buy more food. You need to force yourself to eat more. Set a timer or something so you don't forget.

Christian
12-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Overall I would say pretty darn clean, but I usually incorporate one "cheat" item everyday just so I don't go crazy. My diet is 1. post workout shake: 1 banana, 1 cup of fat free greek yogurt, 2 Tblsp peanut butter, and 1 scoop whey isolate in 8 oz water. 2. 3 whole eggs and 1 cup grits(with some butter). then for meals 3, 4, & 5: 7 oz chicken breast, 10 oz of jasmine rice, 2 Tblsp of olive oil on the rice and 5 oz of broccoli. I think that totals to about 3400 cals, which should be plenty for someone my weight. But like I said, I can almost never get all those meals in. I've tried eating dirty, but I still don't eat enough and all I gain is fat.... I can't stand being even remotely fat haha!

biker84
12-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Have you played with your macros. Roughly your carbs are 35% I would try upping it to 45-50%. Also, to add some cals try using more olive oil and buy a huge bag of mixed nuts and grab a handful ever hour or so. Are you workout fasted? Imo, I wouldn't workout fasted. That's counter productive for what you are trying to accomplish. All this food talk is making me hungry. I'm going to stuff my fat fucking face now. Ha!

krishnanayak
12-22-2016, 05:21 AM
Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative,keep it up.

sledgehammer
12-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Yeah something is way off. No way can u be consuming 3500 calories and be 145. Do u weight your food? Like a 7oz chix breast diced should take up 3/4 of a plate. Many times people think they eat big but are not.

The thing is "Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to remain the same". If u really want it u can do this!!! U should be able to easily put on 20lbs of size with what your test levels are at 22. Protein needs to be your priority, set up a scheduled 6 meals day w a snack. Aim for 300gr/day, 50gr/meal. Eat whole food. Weight your food. Use carbs to fuel your training and recover your glycogen stores. Don't need carbs in the evening, that's when u have pro/fat meals.

Also train heavy. Not 10 reps but 6. Do a warmup for 10-12 for every exercise. Then go heavy enough to strain to put up 6 reps with control. Lower slowly for a 3-4 count, then explode up(HIT). Focusing on the negative will recoup muscle fibers u have never felt before. Your muscles will be so taxed, that u will feel them telling u they need calories. Try this for a month, if your not up 8lbs I would be shocked.

BobbyJake
12-22-2016, 05:28 PM
From what I read. He's not eating all those meals. Maybe just replace one or two with protein shake if you feel to full to eat another meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightHawkDC2
12-26-2016, 07:42 AM
If you're not eating all that food in the form of whole foods, you could look into drinking some of those calories. Sounds like you're not eating everything you should because you're not hungry when it comes time to eat. Maybe consume some more protein powder for some protein. I think I saw 1 scoop/day in your list.

Try this: mix up a scoop of protein and eat it with your meals that you're eating. Eat your food, and slam the protein at the end...it's an easy 25g protein right there. Mix your shakes with milk, or add peanut butter. That adds protein & cals. The suggestion of mixing up a humongoid calorie/protein bomb shake in the morning & drinking it throughout the day is a good suggestion. Mix it up & drink a portion of it at the end of your meals. What I'm saying is: Look for ways to consume empty liquid calories. They're not filling, and will help you get the calories at the end of the day. Nuts aren't all that satiating, either. That was a great suggestion. Grab handfuls of nuts here & there. Servings of nuts are 160ish cals, and are small. Lots of strength coaches LOVE to suggest nuts to their trainees.

Use fattier cuts of meat. Instead of chicken breast, use chicken thigh. Look for higher fat beef. When cooking ground beef, use 80/20, not 93/7.

Track EVERYTHING.

BTW...I mean this when I say it: I f*cking hate you "bottomless pit" motherf*ckers always crying "I can't put on weight"

another way to increase appetite: Weed. ;-)

In an article I read, Dave Tate was talking about putting on weight. Granted, this is for powerlifting, and I'm sure he put on some fat, but even if you're putting on fat, if the muscle is packing on, too, who gives a shit? It's MUCH easier to whittle off fat than build muscle. Now, all this might not apply to you, but the overall take-home is the same:

"There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn't gain weight to save my fucking life.There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like fucking magic. He'd go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.
I finally asked him one day how he did it.
"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."
Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious shit if we have to go outside, I thought.
So we get outside and he starts talking.
"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That's your breakfast."
At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.
"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."
"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."
"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."
This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.
"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You fucking can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.
And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a fuck about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"
Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

The short of it is: Stop being a pussy & EAT. Don't eat like you WANT to get bigger, Eat like you NEED to get bigger. Eat like someone is going to shoot your dog if you don't gain weight. Approach it like that, and you WILL gain.

Signed: Your friendly neighborhood fat phuck.

PugDad
12-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Back when I was first getting into lifting I always had trouble with appetite too and the one way I was able to really pack in extra calories was by drinking whole milk. I would literally only drink whole milk or protein shakes throughout the day. No water, no juices, or soda, just whole milk. If you're able to stomach it, a gallon of whole milk contains ~2400 calories, ~200 g carbs, ~120 g fat, and ~120 g of protein.

Here's a little more info on GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) and gaining weight if you want to read up on that:
GOMAD: How to Gain 25lbs in 25 Days with Squats & Milk | StrongLifts (https://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/)

Like one of the previous posts mentioned, you have to treat eating just like you do with training in the gym. Just think about how you feel on your last set of a hard lift pushing out those last reps. That's the mentality you need to have when it comes to finishing your meals because eating enough is equally as important as getting in the gym and lifting.

JohnDoe
01-04-2017, 02:49 AM
The post is written in very good manner and it contains many useful information for me. you have a very impressive writing style .I really enjoyed what you had to say.Well, at least i am interested.
Bye bye assfuck