PDA

View Full Version : Knee Pain While Squatting

PugDad
12-20-2016, 06:42 AM
Almost two years ago I shattered my tibia during a Rugby match and subsequently required an intramedullary tibial nail with 4 screws, two by my ankle and two by my knee. After this surgery I then had acute compartment syndrome and required a fasciotomy, leaving me with a total of 59 stitches and 37 staples in my right lower leg.

Ever since then I've had some discomfort in my knee/ankle while squatting but it has never been too bad. However, since I've progressed to working at higher weight I've started experiencing pain rather than just discomfort in my knee whenever I'm squatting.

Do you all have any suggestions that may help me get back to squatting heavy or am I going to be stuck doing lower weight/higher reps forever?

Electromass
12-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Almost two years ago I shattered my tibia during a Rugby match and subsequently required an intramedullary tibial nail with 4 screws, two by my ankle and two by my knee. After this surgery I then had acute compartment syndrome and required a fasciotomy, leaving me with a total of 59 stitches and 37 staples in my right lower leg.

Ever since then I've had some discomfort in my knee/ankle while squatting but it has never been too bad. However, since I've progressed to working at higher weight I've started experiencing pain rather than just discomfort in my knee whenever I'm squatting.

Do you all have any suggestions that may help me get back to squatting heavy or am I going to be stuck doing lower weight/higher reps forever?
Honestly, higher reps with moderate weight is what bb is all about. I watched a video of Dennis Wolf who says the same thing. Pumping the most blood you can manage into a muscle group is where it's at bro, as far as (bodybuilding goes).
i don't know how old you are but the older I get the more time and focus I need to do things right. Also, make damn sure you are warmed up properly. Personally, I've disciplined myself to take a 1/2 step back in order to not cause a major injury
(personal experience) If I get a massive pump in the muscles I've trained I feel quit accomplished, and it yields results.
Just MHO bro....

milleniumgirl
12-20-2016, 01:35 PM
I have knee pain all the time but mostly while squatting. I cannot squat deep (not below horizontal) and since I started cross fit I do mostly air squats.

FutureIFBBProJARow23
04-17-2017, 01:00 AM

Do you all have any suggestions that may help me get back to squatting heavy or am I going to be stuck doing lower weight/higher reps forever? I have the same problem