PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilder who ate 10,000 calories a day and drank eight cans of energy drink died of liver cancer caused by years of steroid abuse

Revelations
12-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Bodybuilder Dean Wharmby dies after eating 1, calories a day and steroid abuse | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3360511/Bodybuilder-ate-10-000-calories-day-drank-eight-cans-energy-drink-died-liver-cancer-caused-years-steroid-abuse.html)

Another news article shedding negative light on steroids. Sad to see such a young man go, but to correlate steroids to being a direct cause is sad as well. Heres my question; dietary practices are among the top causes for deaths around the world. By this i mean; eating unhealthy can lead to health complications which can eventually lead to death. This aside, i understand he had liver cancer which can be caused by oral steroid use, but I guess what bugs me is that steroids are the only thing shunned in this article.
-Rev

Blaz
12-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Genetic predisposition to disease is another thing to consider.

bobhead
12-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Always blaming the steroids.

old fart
12-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Always blaming the steroids.

That's because they're EEEEVVVIIIIILLLLLL!!!!! J/k...

ajdonutz
12-31-2016, 01:59 AM
Definitely the steroids lol

Beastie
12-31-2016, 03:12 AM
Its really sad..I feel bad for his family..That's a very powerful image of him fading away...R.I.P Brother...

Loose Cannon
12-31-2016, 08:05 AM
those pics r wild

deathdog
03-13-2017, 12:05 AM
8 can of energy drinks is probably more dangerous then any drug out there lmao

Xtreme4Life
03-13-2017, 12:08 AM
8 can of energy drinks is probably more dangerous then any drug out there lmao

Was gonna say something similar.

Energy drinks are so god damned bad for you, and he drank 8 motheruckers a day! How do they not mention or consider that anywhere.....

JB ROBO
03-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Read about this dude before. Sad story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OHBRUTUSIO
03-13-2017, 12:58 AM
Wasnt this caused by liver cancer? Roids musta done it. WTF!

bigdog08
03-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Yea right lol...Lyle died of brain cancer , I mean steroids lmfao

bigdog08
03-13-2017, 01:08 AM
I drink like 5 energy drinks, honestly do think I should slow down..maybe..who knows did 700mgs of test p and tren ace per week, yea 1400mgs total, and drank 4 or 5 energy drinks and probably 75 mgs of adderoll per day..I dunno we are all different

OHBRUTUSIO
03-13-2017, 02:50 AM
I drink like 5 energy drinks, honestly do think I should slow down..maybe..who knows did 700mgs of test p and tren ace per week, yea 1400mgs total, and drank 4 or 5 energy drinks and probably 75 mgs of adderoll per day..I dunno we are all different

He had liver spots. If anyone has had that scare you know how bad it is. Wife was mistakenly told that and doctor immediately said "Ill pray for you". Liver cancer got him not steroids.

cajun504
03-13-2017, 03:07 AM
So he took steroids for a year "then turned his back on them." Then proceeded to eat like shit for years while drinking 8 energy drinks a day for years, and steroids is what killed him... Mmmmk. I won't comment on his medical treatment, that's another mess of a story.

cajun504
03-13-2017, 03:09 AM
He had liver spots. If anyone has had that scare you know how bad it is. Wife was mistakenly told that and doctor immediately said "Ill pray for you". Liver cancer got him not steroids.

Thats horrible about your wife. If a doctor ever tells me he'll pray for me, I'm finding a new one asap.

OHBRUTUSIO
03-13-2017, 03:15 AM
Thats horrible about your wife. If a doctor ever tells me he'll pray for me, I'm finding a new one asap.

Thx man. Ya it sucked. I wanted to kick his teeth in[emoji36]. She went a time thinking she was dying with 2 young daughters. Further scans revealed he misread it. This happened while she was hospitalized for going septic after a surgery. Bad few months Id say. All is well now though!!!

Lou Thornstone
07-26-2017, 04:45 PM
"10,000 calorie a day diet of burgers, pizzas and bacon sandwiches"

Frankly speaking, it seems to me another trash article from dailymail.

Sometimes I wonder which part of the story is telled and which is invented to write an article more "sensational".
Sorry guys, I really do not like some kind of "journalists". The only infinite sadness is for his wife and children, now alone. That is bad.
Steroids kill? Stress kills more.

reedcusa
07-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Definitely sensation seeking. Why else would you print this article now, 2 years after his death. They must be hurting for news. The coroner Lisa Hasmi is an idiot. Here is there original article.
Dean Wharmby loses battle to liver cancer which he blamed on 1k calorie diet | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3169401/Tragedy-ex-bodybuilder-39-loses-battle-liver-cancer-blamed-10-000-calorie-day-pizza-energy-drink-diet.html)

"10,000 calorie a day diet of burgers, pizzas and bacon sandwiches"

Frankly speaking, it seems to me another trash article from dailymail.

Sometimes I wonder which part of the story is telled and which is invented to write an article more "sensational".
Sorry guys, I really do not like some kind of "journalists". The only infinite sadness is for his wife and children, now alone. That is bad.
Steroids kill? Stress kills more.

TheMack
07-28-2017, 12:28 AM
This man obviously led an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. The diet was ridiculously out of control! I think the diet and possibly genetics were the main culprits here. But keep in mind to the extent that steroids MAY have been involved, given how outrageous his food intake was, he may have been eating oral steroids like candy. There is a huge difference in responsible use versus sustained reckless abuse over a period of years. Just my 2 cents.

joko123
07-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Juan morel takes down 20k calories and his still thriving and going !

IFBB Pro Juan Morel's 2, Calorie Sunday Cheat Day - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh7kUSh5Ho)

Xtreme4Life
07-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Juan morel takes down 20k calories and his still thriving and going !

IFBB Pro Juan Morel's 2, Calorie Sunday Cheat Day - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh7kUSh5Ho)

Damn! That guy can't live on a property with a septic tank.

G160
08-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Bodybuilder Dean Wharmby dies after eating 1, calories a day and steroid abuse | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3360511/Bodybuilder-ate-10-000-calories-day-drank-eight-cans-energy-drink-died-liver-cancer-caused-years-steroid-abuse.html)

Another news article shedding negative light on steroids. Sad to see such a young man go, but to correlate steroids to being a direct cause is sad as well. Heres my question; dietary practices are among the top causes for deaths around the world. By this i mean; eating unhealthy can lead to health complications which can eventually lead to death. This aside, i understand he had liver cancer which can be caused by oral steroid use, but I guess what bugs me is that steroids are the only thing shunned in this article.
-Rev we dont know wtf else he might have been on, with much respect to him, ive heard horror stories of bodybuilders and drug abuse. But yes blame the steroids keeps everyone else away from them so i can be jacked up and tell everyone that i have great genetics and i drink muscle tech cell tech

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

subunit
08-16-2017, 03:40 PM
More negative light shed on us.

Sam Standford
02-22-2018, 12:21 AM
I agree, 8 energy shakes is crazy

I'm all in
02-22-2018, 12:48 AM
Look. Alcohol kills people all the time. So does that mean there is no way to safely drink alcohol without dying? No. You can safely drink alcohol your entire life without it killing you. Well it's the same with steroids.
And that guy refused chemo and refused a transplant and instead chose to fight it "naturally"? What an idiot.

Primemuscle
02-22-2018, 01:14 AM
What a crock of shit. No disrespect to the guy who passed but that article is bullshit. First off he dirty bulked and drank 7-8 energy drinks a day. Those energy drinks are some of the worst things you can ingest. I bet that as well as steroid abuse, genetic predisposition and diet all had a play in his condition. But to say it was directly steroids and steroids only is complete bullshit.

Like Joko shared, Juan Morel eats 20k calories in his off season and is thriving. But he also doesn’t eat burgers and pizza on the daily, just a few times a week.

Another slanted article against AAS making it seem like you take steroids and you’ll die immediately.

Cruisingsince05
02-16-2019, 08:11 AM
Sad story !

Hayabusa_muscle
02-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Who would ever use steroids.
But fucking 8 cans of energy drinks?
Sad story yes. But the fucking media will point fingers
At anything they can.

I just performance enhance. Lol