PDA

View Full Version : TRT newbie

GVW
01-09-2017, 11:50 AM
I've just recently started self-administered TRT. And following some reasearch on the net, it appears that lots of men are following suit.

I'm 39 yo and don't neccesarily had very low T, but I am conscious that after every cycle it became more difficult to restart my HTPA.

A few years ago my T level was rock bottom due to bad pct, stress, new baby and way too much cardio. I went to see an Endo, but it was clear I knew more than him on the subject of increasing endogenous Testosterone. He was very eager to put me on TRT, but I declined.

I then proceeded with a long term Clomid plan and eventually got my T back up to around 520.

Fast forward a few years, and I just finished pct again after a very successful cycle, for me anyway. But when I started seeing my gains decreasing and the fat increasing I decided to start with TRT, instead of trying to restart my own diminishing production every time.

I'm sure I'll continue to cycle for the rest of my life though. So continual attempts at restarting my HTPA sounds wrong. Currently I'm using 175mg per week of Test P as I have loads left from my last cycle and I'm injecting ED. Along with this I take 12.5mg Aromasin daily too.

My plan is to give it a few weeks and have bloods done to see where I'm at before making adjustments.

I'd like to know if any long term TRT'ers have some nuggets of wisdom for me regarding longer term (years) TRT, as I'm literally at the start of my journey?

Trader
03-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Hey...I am about to start TRT too and know very little like you.

Trappie_Chan
03-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Same, would like to hear some additional input from the veteran guys on here

mjrpwrlfting
03-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Yes, I'd like to know as well. When I start, I realize I'll be cruising till the day I die... so any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GVW
03-12-2017, 07:24 PM
I've been on TRT now for a few months, but have to admit that it's very enticing to add a little bit "more" into the syringe. So really I just end up blasting. lol
I also had my first full blood panel done ever and some of my liver values are a bit iffy.

I'm now going to dial down to actual TRT dosages and get my bloods done in a few weeks to see where my real values are. I'm hoping that the liver values will calm down and then I can make adjustments as needed.

But back to the opening post. I would really appreciate to hear from members who have been on TRT for over 10 years or so. I'd like to know if they experience any changes over time to blood panels, or if there's anything specific to watch out for late on in life.

I'm 39 y/o now and planning on TRT for life, so want to know what to expect.

SStryker
04-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Been doing it for about a year...still will take a few months off over the winter, Oct-Jan before going back on. Best thing I've ever done. Zero side effects. Script is for 200/wk. Comes in a 10,000mg vial, so, you can dose as desired. Bloods are virtually unchanged from my pre-TRT levels. Red cell count a little high, but donate blood and it's back to normal. I'm knocking on 40....you won't regret it. You'll just wish you did it sooner.

d-man
04-02-2017, 10:38 PM
TRT is great once you are dialed in. It took me a long time to get there. Some people can hop on and feel great while others have underlying conditions that need to be addressed. Some recommendations from my experiences...get baseline numbers for reference points, get blood work done regularly the first year. Your body should adjust by then and you can get bloods 2x year if you don't change anything after the first year. Write things down so you can understand how your body reacts to certain compounds and doses. Start with one thing at a time so you know what is doing what in your body. Most guys don't need an AI with TRT doses of test. Inject at least twice per week to keep sides to a minimum. Research as much as possible. Find a doc who knows his shit and is open minded. I love being able to control the amount of test I have running through my veins! Good luck brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk