PDA

View Full Version : My crazy blood work

Elvia1023
01-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Well not crazy at all just 1 section is really bad. Everything else is fine. I won't post all the details just what I consider important/interesting. Where do I start :o:D

HORMONES
To be expected. FSH was zero. Very high test. SHBG was low. LH was zero. Free Test was very high.

Estrogen 167.7 pmol/L
Range 0 pmol/L - 191.99 pmol/L

No surprise as I am not taking an AI. My test is sky high so I don't mind my estrogen being higher as I want optimal muscle growth. Although I will add in an AI soon (10mg aromasin daily) as this will only carry on climbing through the weeks.

Cortisol 382 nmol/l
Range 133nmol/l - 537 nmol/l

As many know I love my pre workouts so this figure was of interest to me. Obviously more testing needs to be done but I am very happy it being near to the middle of the range.

RED BLOOD CELLS
Everything was in the middle of the range but haemoglobin was at the top of the range and HCT was slightly above being at 0.506 and the top of the range being 0.5. I will monitor this and see if I can give blood over here to get things down.

WHITE BLOOD CELLS
Everything was fine apart from Basophils. They were slightly above at 0.12 with the range being 0-0.1

CLOTTING FACTORS
All fine.

INFLAMMATION MARKERS
CRP-HS was fine 1mg/L Range - 0-5mg/L

KIDNEY FUNCTION= All fine

PROTEINS= All fine

DIABETES= Fine

IRON STATUS
Ferritin was high at 631.5 ug/L Range being 30ug/L - 400 ug/L

THYROID FUNCTION
All fine

LIVER FUNCTION
CK high but that is to be expected due to muscle and training.
Everything was great.
However GGT was actually low. 9 IU/L Range- 10 IU/L - 71 IU/L
I had recently been out for Boxing night and drank a lot of alcohol. Literally I won't drink again for 6 months so it sounds worst than it is. But sure it is stupid drinking when you have recently used mdrol (sdrol). This shows me just how good synthergine is as I take it everyday. In fact since this blood test I have lowered my dose from 4ml per day to just 2ml per day :D

Now here is the bad one :o
HEART DISEASE RISK
Triglcerides High at 2.38 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 2.3 mmol/L
Cholesterol High at 5.45 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 4.99 mmol/L
HDL low at 0.07 mmol/L Range being 0.9 mmol/L - 1.5 mmol/L
Fuck me pretty much zero HDL :o
LDL high at 4.3 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 3 mmol/L
These numbers are different to US guys but this is again really bad and right at the top of the chart :o
HDL % OF TOTAL at 1.28% with the range being 20% - 100%

The mdrol has ruined my cholesterol. Although looking at the results I know there is more to the story than just mdrol. My diet is actually great in most ways. But these results made me realize a few months back I stopped consuming the variety of fats I did in the past. How most of them were just coming from saturated sources such as eggs, coconut oïl and steak. Whilst they are far from bad I have immediately added in an array of fats into my diet to start improving these figures. I even stopped taking my fish oïl caps a while back so they are back in.

I want to get my cholesterol to a good standard so changes are definitely needed and have already taken place. I believe I can do this even whilst I am bulking and trying to gain muscle. The first and most important thing is no more oral aas for me for a long time.

My diet is always full of vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables etc. Now I have added in more fats but not too much as I know there needs to be a limit. I am also consuming no more simple carbs a part from intra workout. Now most days will include the following fat sources:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (occasionally drizzle on food)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (cook with)
Walnut Oil (drizzle on 1 meal)
Avocados (1/2 of one every day)
Cashews (occasionally add to meals)
Hazelnuts (occasionally add to meals)
Almonds (occasionally add to meals)
Eggs (4 whole eggs consumed about 4 times per week)
Steak (now about once per day)
Fish Oil (2000mg x2 or x3)
Blackcurrant Seed Oil (1000mg x2)
Wheatgerm Oil (1130mg x2)

I am not one to throw supplements at things but in this case I added things in fast. I want to get my cholesterol back to where it should be. So I have started a pretty extensive cholesterol improving supplement schedule that includes:

1. Jarrow Formulas Artichoke 500mg at 1 cap am/pm
2. Now Foods Cholesterol Pro at 2 tabs am/pm. 2 tabs = 500m citrus bergamot and 800mg plant sterols.
3. Now Foods Sytrinol at 1 cap am/pm. 1 cap includes 150mg sytrinol, 10mg policosanol amongst other things.
4. Healthy Origins Ubiquinol at 1 cap am for now. 1 cap is 100mg (Kaneka QH).
5. Jarrow Formulas Pantethine at 1x 450mg cap am.
6. Now Foods Red Yeast Rice 600mg with Q10 at 30mg. 2 caps am/pm for the first month.
7. Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 1x 600mg am/pm.
8. Solgar Fish Oil at 2000mg x2 or x3
9. Now Foods Blackcurrant Seed Oil 1x 1000mg am/pm.
10. Now Foods Wheatgerm Oil 1x 1130mg am/pm.

These have been added to my existing supplements that include:

Synthergine
Multi Vitamin
Cherry Extract
Vitamin D3 (just added)

I also plan to add in synthetine in the near future that I know will help improve matters too.

My plan is to use the red yeast rice with q10 for 1 month and then leave that and add in a second Ubiquinol cap to make 200mg for the day. Hopefully I can get my cholesterol to a really good standard in future blood test results. In that event I will get rid of some of the above supplements and keep what I consider fantastic overall health supplements. They include:

Cholesterol Pro (Citrus Bergamot), Ubiquinol, Garlic, Fish Oil and Blackcurrant Seed Oil.

Elvia1023
01-16-2017, 02:26 AM
I definitely think what I need to do most (apart from what I am doing) is give blood. That will get my HCT and Ferritin levels down. I just need to find somewhere that does it in this country http://www.anasci.org/vB/images/smilies/redface.gif If not I will have to travel to the UK to do it.