PDA

View Full Version : Shin Splint/ Calve Pain

JDMarintezT94
01-21-2017, 02:09 AM
Im not sure about most of the people on here but i do a lot of cardio because of the Corps. On a daily basis I tend to run about 2.5 to 3.5 miles. I get a lot of pain in my calves and my shins. It hurts like a B**** but I will attempt to relax them by rolling them out, but sometimes I cant handle the pain. Do you guys have any advice on how or what to do to help with this.

Loose Cannon
01-21-2017, 02:27 AM
are you saying its from gear? or do you get this all the time. depending on what im running i literally cant run because my legs fill up with blood so fast they cant take the pumps. if your taking tren, forget it. im not in the corps but im active duty, and i feel your pain. on tren i can barely pass the pt test

JDMarintezT94
01-21-2017, 03:02 AM
no im not on any gear yet. i never really had any issues running when i was younger but these last 6 years for running in boots have really messed up my running abilities

reedcusa
01-21-2017, 04:27 AM
I dealt with shin splints in highschool and college track. There's two causes. You really should see an orthopedic to get correct diagnosis. The most common is caused by tight calve muscles causing swelling of connective tissue to shin. The second is actual hairline fractures of shin bone it self. Both will not get better without rest. And gaining flexibility in your calves is imperative in the first case. Eather way, running in boots prob was a huge contributor. I highly recommend you find another low impact cardio exersize, stretch your calves as often as you can, and get an accurate diagnosis. GL

cajun504
01-27-2017, 02:16 AM
Hey bro I went through that shit in the army, couldn't run and used to catch so much shit for it. It felt like shin splints but you can't run through them, your feet just lock up and you'll eventually fall over if you continue, shits horrible. It took the army docs 2 years to diagnose me correctly, it's exertion compartment syndrome. Is that how your symptoms are? People get them from running, we used to run like fucking deer in my unit and thats what did it. The test for it absolutely fucking blows, talk about pain...

Loose Cannon
01-27-2017, 02:21 AM
just means you started running to much to quick. go buy a expensive pair of running shoes, run less, and stretch 24/7