PDA

View Full Version : just had dr visit

vzzbks
01-26-2017, 12:17 AM
I am a 47 male. about 10-15 years ago I had my test level checked and it was low 300's, don't remember the number exactly. the doc told me this was within the normal range and thought no more of it. fast forward to today and I figured I should have it checked again so I went to a new dr and explained that I tested low several years ago and I have all the symptoms of low test (low libido, fatigue, not able to build muscle etc). he said they like it to be 600-800 range so he took some blood and the results are 366 for total test. I'm hoping that this is low enough for him to prescribe test, still waiting to hear back from him.

PAiN
01-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Hope you get it bro!

Low testosterone is a nightmare.

If he doesn't we got several people who can accommodate you! :)

vzzbks
01-26-2017, 12:46 AM
lol, thanks. I've already had very good experience with one of the sponsors.
I was wondering what is the highest test level someone had where they were still given trt by there doc?
mine is 366 which is low, but within normal range. yeah, normal for a 70 year old maybe! I hope he will prescribe it anyway as he said they like it to be between 600-800.

bobhead
01-26-2017, 12:52 AM
You are barely within range. You should be able to get a script, they might try to give you androgel though.

vzzbks
01-26-2017, 01:02 AM
I found this chart online which gives a better indication of what test levels should be. I am not opposed to androgel, but think I would prefer self injections.
is there any reason I should not get androgel?

(ng/dl)
Free T
(pg/ml)
SHBG
(ug/ml)
DHEA-S
(ug/dl)
Estradiol
(pg/ml)

25-34

35-44

45-54

55-64

65-74

75-84

85-100

male testosterone levels typically range between 250ng/dl and 850 ng/dl.
As you may well imagine, these ranges are not set to optimal levels. They are from a cross section of men aged 20 to 80; many of whom may be sick or diseased, from a lifetime of unhealthy habits.
If your blood work arrives, and your doctor happens to refuse treatment - even though your levels are close to the bottom of the range; then a gentle reminder of what optimal health entails may be in order.
If you kindly point out, you have the T levels of a sick 80 year old (and feel like one at that); hopefully your doctor will come around.

bobhead
01-26-2017, 03:35 AM
Injections are definitely more convenient. They typically assume most people don't want to self injections.

sledgehammer
01-26-2017, 05:26 AM
lol, thanks. I've already had very good experience with one of the sponsors.
I was wondering what is the highest test level someone had where they were still given trt by there doc?
mine is 366 which is low, but within normal range. yeah, normal for a 70 year old maybe! I hope he will prescribe it anyway as he said they like it to be between 600-800.

My total T was 70. I was shocked. Always followed the POWER PCT program, had a couple long cycles of 25wks but nothing reckless. My friend brought it to my attention I need to get labs post cycle, so glad I did.

If they try to give u androgel, tell them your worried about it rubbing off on your wife and kids. Its true, they can absorb hormone from skin to skin contact. Pellets are a money maker fro the Dr. I would just say Ive done my research and am fine with injections. Ask for an AI like arimidex, script(if needed)for syringes, and HCG if u feel its important to u/ if u get atrophy. Good luck....

BobbyJake
01-26-2017, 01:03 PM
My total T was 70. I was shocked. Always followed the POWER PCT program, had a couple long cycles of 25wks but nothing reckless. My friend brought it to my attention I need to get labs post cycle, so glad I did.

If they try to give u androgel, tell them your worried about it rubbing off on your wife and kids. Its true, they can absorb hormone from skin to skin contact. Pellets are a money maker fro the Dr. I would just say Ive done my research and am fine with injections. Ask for an AI like arimidex, script(if needed)for syringes, and HCG if u feel its important to u/ if u get atrophy. Good luck....

Definitely stay away from the pellet implant. Heard bad things may even be pulling from Dr. list of options. Haven't kept up on it so unsure about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vzzbks
01-26-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm curious to hear from anyone else on trt. What was your test level when you were prescribed test?

SC
01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm curious to hear from anyone else on trt. What was your test level when you were prescribed test?

If I remember correctly I was in the mid 400's with a reference range of 350-1200. Sure it's towards the bottom, but having just turned 30 (never touched gear prior to that) the doc thought it was way low for my age and didn't have any problem prescribing me 200mg test e/week. My bloods came back at 1388 (UGL test, so technically 250/wk. I just stockpile my scripted stuff, haha!!!) with the same reference range on that dose, and based on my HH and cholesterol he was fine leaving it there. I was pretty happy to have found such a good doctor.

I also told him about my plans to blast and cruise and he didn't crucify me for that either. Just continued giving me prescriptions and blood work whenever I requested it. Only issue I have run into with him is he won't order labs with uncapped test levels, so I gotta pay for those myself instead of going through insurance.

Hope it works out for ya! If you don't go through insurance it's way cheaper to go UGL. The test from the pharmacy is like $100 for five ml and 1mg of Adex was insane. With insurance my copay is $10 for the test, but I only picked up the Adex once cause I think insurance wanted me to pay $40 for that single tab of 1mg. It just wasn't worth it.

BobbyJake
01-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Hope it works out for ya! If you don't go through insurance it's way cheaper to go UGL. The test from the pharmacy is like $100 for five ml and 1mg of Adex was insane. With insurance my copay is $10 for the test, but I only picked up the Adex once cause I think insurance wanted me to pay $40 for that single tab of 1mg. It just wasn't worth it.

You aren't kidding about the price of scrip adex even generic anastrozole is almost $9 for 4 pills with my insurance.

fitraver
01-26-2017, 04:01 PM
Whaaaaaaat?!? My adex is super cheap thru insurance. I thinks it's under 10 dollars for like 30 pills maybe more I forget. Try the good rx app it's probably cheaper using it.

EJR
01-26-2017, 04:05 PM
I am a 47 male. about 10-15 years ago I had my test level checked and it was low 300's, don't remember the number exactly. the doc told me this was within the normal range and thought no more of it. fast forward to today and I figured I should have it checked again so I went to a new dr and explained that I tested low several years ago and I have all the symptoms of low test (low libido, fatigue, not able to build muscle etc). he said they like it to be 600-800 range so he took some blood and the results are 366 for total test. I'm hoping that this is low enough for him to prescribe test, still waiting to hear back from him.
That # should be low enough, depends on the doctor. A trick I learned from an old issue of Muscular Development is to take Tagamet before getting bloods. I would take 1 the night before and another 1-2 hours before. Probably works for heart burn, but definitely crushes endogenous test levels.

BobbyJake
01-26-2017, 04:09 PM
That # should be low enough, depends on the doctor. A trick I learned from an old issue of Muscular Development is to take Tagamet before getting bloods. I would take 1 the night before and another 1-2 hours before. Probably works for heart burn, but definitely crushes endogenous test levels.

My test was around 425 which wasn't low enough for treatment. Yeah go figure. But my Doc did a free test lab which got me on trt since it came back at 4. Average being 10-25 for my age.

SC
01-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Whaaaaaaat?!? My adex is super cheap thru insurance. I thinks it's under 10 dollars for like 30 pills maybe more I forget. Try the good rx app it's probably cheaper using it.

Not exaggerating man, I couldn't believe how much it was at that particular time. But, after that I never bothered picking it up again, and insurance wouldn't let me get more than 1mg every two weeks or something like that. I still have the sole tablet sitting in my supplement basket, haha! Glad you were able to get a better deal though.

fitraver
01-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Not exaggerating man, I couldn't believe how much it was at that particular time. But, after that I never bothered picking it up again, and insurance wouldn't let me get more than 1mg every two weeks or something like that. I still have the sole tablet sitting in my supplement basket, haha! Glad you were able to get a better deal though.

Haha I laughed pretty hard that you still have that one tablet [emoji23][emoji23] it's a keeper!!

reedcusa
01-26-2017, 06:43 PM
When I started trt, total T was 750 but free T was 43 and bio-available was 81. With the latter two numbers and symptoms I was experiencing, I was able to convince Dr. to put me on trt.

vzzbks
01-26-2017, 07:24 PM
wow, total t 750! that's what I would like to get mine up to! My dr hasn't done a free test yet, I'm hoping that my low level will be enough.

goodjob
01-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Wife or kids can mistake androgel for lotion, stick with the injections.

vzzbks
01-30-2017, 06:27 PM
the dr said he would follow up in a couple of days, it's been a week now.i don't want to look to eager to be on test, but should I call him or wait for him to call me?

vzzbks
01-31-2017, 03:35 PM
the dr office called me and said that my test levels are low and the dr is prescribing trt ��

fitraver
01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
the dr office called me and said that my test levels are low and the dr is prescribing trt ��

Bingo. Welcome to the club.

Biggc1
01-31-2017, 03:44 PM

Did you just see your regular doctor?

vzzbks
01-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Did you just see your regular doctor?

yeah, went in to see my gp and said that I feel tired all the time, no energy, no sex drive and he said lets do a blood test.

vzzbks
02-01-2017, 12:37 AM
he is prescribing test cyp 200mg every 7 days

reedcusa
02-01-2017, 05:18 AM
he is prescribing test cyp 200mg every 7 days
Very cool. Curious where your from. In US, they don't like to go higher than 100mg/week, which is a joke. And just a suggestion, keep an eye on E2 levels. After 2 months of TRT I felt the same as I did pre TRT after initially feeling great. High E2 was the culprit.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

vzzbks
02-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Very cool. Curious where your from. In US, they don't like to go higher than 100mg/week, which is a joke. And just a suggestion, keep an eye on E2 levels. After 2 months of TRT I felt the same as I did pre TRT after initially feeling great. High E2 was the culprit.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I'm in the US. I guess I got lucky and have a good dr. I told him that I was hesitant to come in and talk about trt and he said that he gets people all the time asking about testosterone, from 18 to 80 year olds. He said it's a real condition and they treat it.

BobbyJake
02-01-2017, 04:21 PM
The place I go to is actually a TRT clinic. TRT is all they do. Yes in the US.

vzzbks
02-16-2017, 12:48 PM
still waiting on prior authorization before I can get my gear, but the pharmacy told me its $120 for a single 10ml vial. That seems a bit might to me. What is everyone else paying?

BobbyJake
02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Pretty steep price in the USA. Try GoodRx app find it cheaper.

SC
02-16-2017, 02:17 PM
still waiting on prior authorization before I can get my gear, but the pharmacy told me its $120 for a single 10ml vial. That seems a bit might to me. What is everyone else paying?

Mine is $100 for a 5ml vial. Insurance pays for it though and I have a $10 copay.

Kzoo Detector
02-16-2017, 02:20 PM
My doctor sucks. My test level is at 307 and he only gives me 200 mg per MONTH.

SC
02-16-2017, 02:55 PM

Dang. That's ridiculous. Time to self-medicate between bloods.

vzzbks
02-16-2017, 03:16 PM

what are your test levels on that dose? If they are below 600 you can tell him he needs to up the dosage until your test levels are normal.
no point being prescribed test for low T if the dosage doesn't raise your T. That's like having a headache and taking aspirin just to still have a headache

vzzbks
02-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Mine is $100 for a 5ml vial. Insurance pays for it though and I have a $10 copay.

Dang. Mine is all out of pocket until I reach $6300 deductible ��

SC
02-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Dang. Mine is all out of pocket until I reach $6300 deductible ��

Cheesus. I would stick with UGL in that case. Arimidex was ridiculously expensive even with insurance, so I don't even pick up the script for it and just use UGL sources. (Aromasin is better than Adex anyway, and my doc would only prescribe Adex or letro)

rangerjockey
02-17-2017, 03:17 AM
to sum up this thread in a nut shell is ......do it your self....get your own bloods done.

vzzbks
02-18-2017, 01:01 AM
quick update. I finally got the insurance done and picked up the test from the pharmacy today. Now I had been in previously and they told me I could buy it then instead of waiting for the insurance approval and quoted me $120. Today after insurance approval it was $73. Now bear in mind that I was expecting a 10ml vial so I didn't question it. imagine my surprise when I got home and opened the package to find 4 1ml vials. that works out to almost $200 for 10ml!!

BobbyJake
02-18-2017, 01:34 AM
Ouch

SC
02-18-2017, 01:39 AM
quick update. I finally got the insurance done and picked up the test from the pharmacy today. Now I had been in previously and they told me I could buy it then instead of waiting for the insurance approval and quoted me $120. Today after insurance approval it was $73. Now bear in mind that I was expecting a 10ml vial so I didn't question it. imagine my surprise when I got home and opened the package to find 4 1ml vials. that works out to almost $200 for 10ml!!

Aren't those the cutest little things? Still, way expensive. My doc changed the script from cyp to Enanthate and now I get one 5ml vial each month and insurance is letting it slide. Hope you get those costs figured out, that's insane.