PDA

View Full Version : HRT and the VA

Oldude
02-08-2017, 01:09 AM
My stats: 53yr old male 5'10" 210lbs.

Been lifting for several years, but recently, about the last 2-3 years I haven't been making any gains. In fact, I seem to be loosing ground.

I retired from the military last year. I'm now at the mercy of the VA health care system. I talked to my provider about my concerns and he said its just the natural ageing process and the VA could not/would not treat me for it.

So I went through private md labs and got just a basic test panel. It appears I'm a pre-pubescent female!! Testosterone came back at 151 WTF!!!

Obviously I needed to take this into my own hands. So I have on hand 2x300mg test-e, 50x25mg D-bol, Adex, Clomid, Nolva. I know I have a little more body fat (appx 20-22%) than I should have to start a cycle, but I'm willing to accept the risk at this point.

BTW, when I was 24 I did an 8 week cycle of test-c and d-bol,made great gains with very little sides. Joined the military and didn't do it again.

My plan:
10week cycle:
300mg/week test-e
25mg D-bol PWO
Diet is about 85% good due to my work
Sleep is spotty at best because of my work
AI is on hand to take care of Estrogen and I have PCT as well.
Plan on BW at week 5 and wk 14.

I assume based on my current test values PCT might be a waste of time and I may need to cruise at that point.

What do y'all think? Am I on the right track or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any input.

TJ

korsaire
02-08-2017, 03:01 AM
welcome bro feel your pain i will just go at 200mg a week of test-e do it for 6 or 8 week and re test base on that you will see if you need AI and since you stay on you dont need to do PCT

Oldude
04-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Well I found a place that does TRT here in town. Have to sign up for 18 months at $3600.

I did a little math and if I go on this adventure alone it looks like this:
Test-E 250 $40/btl = $280
Bloodwork every 3 months $75/test = $450

Already have all ancilleries Nolva, Clomid, Aromisin, Adex, Ralox....
Grand total $730 for the same 18 months.

I work with the medical field so I have people that can assist if needed.

What am I missing??

korsaire
04-24-2017, 09:47 PM
go on your own test yourself in 6 week with estrogen base on those result you will where you will have to make adjustement

Marine
04-25-2017, 02:36 AM
Yea the va is terrible. I went round and round with the doc at my local va. Not impressed. Best of luck to you brother

HaRDBaLL
04-29-2017, 07:22 PM
I'm working with the VA as well. They've done years of testing and published several reports on TRT/HRT and I can't even get my doc to look me in the eye and discuss the topic. Still refusing to even order tests! Maybe the Office of Accountability Executive Order signed this week will help? Hopefully I can go out into the local community and see a civilian physician. But I've already held my breath for years. Can't wait much longer. Quality of life issues are at stake.

Good luck to you!

Boulder
04-29-2017, 07:33 PM
Hey brother. So some doctors at the VA do treat low testosterone which is good news. Now the bad news. You have to go to the VA once a week so they can give you your shot. If it were opiate painkillers they would give you a couple hundred to take home and tell you to enjoy.

Even better news is that being retired military you my friend have some fantastic medical insurance. That insurance covers testosterone. It covers my depot testosterone of 200 MG every week and 30 MG of anavar every day. Best part of it all I pay 10 bucks for the anavar and 12.50 for the depot (10 ml) vial.

My suggestion for you would be to talk to your private care (not VA) doctor about doing the trt that way insurance covers the cost. Then you can help it with those great other special vitamins