PDA

View Full Version : Biceps twice weekly

junglenuts
02-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Hi All,

I have decided to train my bicep muscles twice a week. I have been doing once a week like i do all my orher bits & pieces.

I am happy with them & have made some good progress doing BB Curls, BB Preacher Curls, DB Alt. curls & DB Incline Curls but am wanting more size.

I believe there shouldnt be a problem as long as theres 72 hours in between sessions or adequate recovery in lesser time.

thoughts?

Electromass
02-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

I have decided to train my bicep muscles twice a week. I have been doing once a week like i do all my orher bits & pieces.

I am happy with them & have made some good progress doing BB Curls, BB Preacher Curls, DB Alt. curls & DB Incline Curls but am wanting more size.

I believe there shouldnt be a problem as long as theres 72 hours in between sessions or adequate recovery in lesser time.

thoughts?
Yup...^^^

bobhead
02-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Yeah, sometime 3 times a week.

HardtoGain
02-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Yea, biceps recover very quickly. Be careful to warm up your biceps adequately. One of the most common BB injuries is a bicep tear. Also if you are looking to get bigger arms you may want to train triceps more frequently. Triceps are larger than biceps and make up roughly 70% of your arm diameter. So big tri's make big arms.

Xtreme4Life
02-27-2017, 08:11 PM
This is good information since I'm trying something similar by splitting up back/bi's and chest/tri's which I used to keep together when I was younger. Too soon and too much water weight being gained too fast to know how effective it is yet lol

Woods
02-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Yea I do back and bi's then a arm day. Same with chest and tri's .

Electromass
02-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Yea, biceps recover very quickly. Be careful to warm up your biceps adequately. One of the most common BB injuries is a bicep tear. Also if you are looking to get bigger arms you may want to train triceps more frequently. Triceps are larger than biceps and make up roughly 70% of your arm diameter. So big tri's make big arms.
Ironically, I just hit my 4-week point of bi's and tri's 2x a week. Next I'm going to make one little tweak on the next arm workout. Going to start with the tris first, then hit the bis, as I have done 8 arm workouts the other way around.
This alone will be enough of a shock to stimulate new growth. Then it's right back to bis then tris for 8 more workouts. I have added 1/2" to my arms in one month doing this workout.

reedcusa
02-27-2017, 09:46 PM
I agree with everyone. You can bang the shit out of bi's although I've always done which I guess in unconventional. I do chest/bi's and back/tri's. And super set almost like circuit training. Then a separate arm day.

Radman69
02-27-2017, 09:48 PM
Ironically, I just hit my 4-week point of bi's and tri's 2x a week. Next I'm going to make one little tweak on the next arm workout. Going to start with the tris first, then hit the bis, as I have done 8 arm workouts the other way around.
This alone will be enough of a shock to stimulate new growth. Then it's right back to bis then tris for 8 more workouts. I have added 1/2" to my arms in one month doing this workout.

sweet EM! Is that high volume or high load?

JimmyMcFistacuff
02-27-2017, 09:53 PM

Twice a week. 1 heavy day on tues. Then Sat a high rep, lower weight "pump" day, concentrating on squeezes.. ^^ Tricep is the best way to make quicker arm size. Also, watch your biceps for over worked signs, can cause injury. I have torn both biceps at forearm and my left one at shoulder. 5 screws in all to repair. trust me your arms lose a lot of size when you cant do shit for about 4 to 5 months per tear. Smarter training is the key, learned the hard way. Good luck bro....

Electromass
02-27-2017, 10:58 PM
sweet EM! Is that high volume or high load?
Most of it is high volume. Forcing as much blood into the muscles as possible.
Every other workout I will do heavy straight bar curls, 8-10 reps after a good warm up, About 4 sets. Then I will finish the workout with other movements and moderate weight with as many reps as I can muster.

Electromass
02-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Twice a week. 1 heavy day on tues. Then Sat a high rep, lower weight "pump" day, concentrating on squeezes.. ^^ Tricep is the best way to make quicker arm size. Also, watch your biceps for over worked signs, can cause injury. I have torn both biceps at forearm and my left one at shoulder. 5 screws in all to repair. trust me your arms lose a lot of size when you cant do shit for about 4 to 5 months per tear. Smarter training is the key, learned the hard way. Good luck bro....
Yeah, that's why most of my workouts are moderate loads. Besides, at 18.5" Ive got decent size. Just want to do some sculpting and maturing of the arms. High volume sets work great for this anyways.

JimmyMcFistacuff
02-27-2017, 11:15 PM
That sounds good. Get after it, bro.

junglenuts
03-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Ticeps & biceps twice weekly?

HardtoGain
03-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Ticeps & biceps twice weekly?

I do.

Day 1.) Back and Biceps
Day 2.) Chest and Triceps
Any other day.) Arms (Bicep, Tricep, and Forearms)

Jimbob
03-04-2017, 10:53 PM
I just started hitting arms 2 times a week my self...love it!!