PDA

View Full Version : I haven't done abs in 2 years.....

Jozifp103
03-02-2017, 03:23 AM
Confessing this now because I want to know how much of a sin I have committed or if it's not that uncommon.

Long story short, I've struggled with excruciating abdomen cramps whenever I try to work my abs. I do one set....maybe 2 and next thing I know my top and bottom abs meet each other and I'm literally sucked into the fetal position while dealing with knives stabbing me in the stomach. Sometimes it passes quick, sometimes it lasts 10-20 mins. The pain is unexplainable.

For this reason....I have given up on abs altogether. It's been probably 2 years since my last ab workout. I've tried everything from electrolytes (potassium, sodium), magnesium, taurine....no help whatsoever.

I still have a decent 6 pack when I'm lean.

Give it to me straight guys......am I a disgrace to the bodybuilding community?

350zsidewayzz
03-02-2017, 03:29 AM
not a disgrace but sinning. maybe overtrain em a tiny bit do some shit everyday it might start to get easier idk

bulk_cut
03-02-2017, 03:32 AM
I hardly ever do abs. I'll do things for core every now again like dead bugs or advanced planks but that's it. If you have propper posture your abs are always being activated and worked so there's not that much that needs to be done - IMHO

Thappy
03-02-2017, 03:35 AM
Most excersizes are actually working abs if you do them properly. I only train abs when im ultra lean which is hardly ever these days

Torcha
03-02-2017, 04:21 AM
Most excersizes are actually working abs if you do them properly. I only train abs when im ultra lean which is hardly ever these days

I only do em wen im getting a bj and I wanna see over my slin belly...so daily I guess!!!! they are static holds. cant feel em for shit..haha!!!..

julskee
03-02-2017, 05:19 AM
I don't do them.. they get hit when I do compounds

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Torcha
03-02-2017, 06:31 AM
Confessing this now because I want to know how much of a sin I have committed or if it's not that uncommon.

Long story short, I've struggled with excruciating abdomen cramps whenever I try to work my abs. I do one set....maybe 2 and next thing I know my top and bottom abs meet each other and I'm literally sucked into the fetal position while dealing with knives stabbing me in the stomach. Sometimes it passes quick, sometimes it lasts 10-20 mins. The pain is unexplainable.

For this reason....I have given up on abs altogether. It's been probably 2 years since my last ab workout. I've tried everything from electrolytes (potassium, sodium), magnesium, taurine....no help whatsoever.

so your all good on the no ab workouts. its a universal thing. thou your pain is a issue to looked at more closely.. (use a arni voice here) its not a tuma!

GrimR
03-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Haven't done in it in about 2 years myself, I reckon squats and deadlifts destroy them enough anyway. In saying that I been going to a local gym past few months and being lazy using leg press and nothing else >_<

Electromass
03-02-2017, 11:49 AM

I've had this same phenom with my abs recently. 1 or 2 sets and I'm cramping up like a mofo.
But, yesterday after an intense upper body workout, i decided that I need to start hitting them again....did 2 different moves and did 8-10 sets with absolutely no cramps. I do take potassium and magnesium tabs daily...but I'm not sure what was causing the radical cramping.

Magnus
03-02-2017, 11:51 AM
I hardly ever do abs. I'll do things for core every now again like dead bugs or advanced planks but that's it. If you have propper posture your abs are always being activated and worked so there's not that much that needs to be done - IMHO
Exactly, what my experience is. Training core is more important than abs itselfs. You will be fine.

kubes
03-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I stopped dong abs years ago and still keep my 6 pack year round. Just depends on your goal I'm ok with the way mine look but if I was doing a show I wound work them 2 times each week

EJR
03-02-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't train abs directly as they get enough work indirectly. I get nice ab soreness from heavy full range pull overs. They get activated in compound movements as mentioned earlier as well. I don't want over developed abs that stick out past my chest.

Anzel
03-03-2017, 01:09 AM
I feel I have to train em to keep em strong otherwise I feel my back starts to bother me....

I have had those cramps before. In the gym on a machine and I was stuck in that position....a lady came over and asked me if I was ok. I told her what was wrong and she said oh good cause it looked like you were having chest pains.

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bigtime
03-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Do u have kidney stones? Sounds like the nerves could be fried.the knife effect is when the receptors rejects a compound from binding. I hope I'm wrong...Old body builders didn't believe in doing abs...They felt like it would make them smaller... An old bodybuilder would claim abs are done with compounds anyway. I hope I'm wrong in your case with your abs, but it is common in the medical field where nerves are shot for them to put u in a fetal position. Stones will do it too. Have u been juicing for long periods? I would suggest flushing out if so...Good luck... I wouldn't worry about abs and flex them hard during squats...Maybe use the vacuum effect instead of actual workouts... Hope this helps...

Jozifp103
03-07-2017, 01:57 AM
Do u have kidney stones? Sounds like the nerves could be fried.the knife effect is when the receptors rejects a compound from binding. I hope I'm wrong...Old body builders didn't believe in doing abs...They felt like it would make them smaller... An old bodybuilder would claim abs are done with compounds anyway. I hope I'm wrong in your case with your abs, but it is common in the medical field where nerves are shot for them to put u in a fetal position. Stones will do it too. Have u been juicing for long periods? I would suggest flushing out if so...Good luck... I wouldn't worry about abs and flex them hard during squats...Maybe use the vacuum effect instead of actual workouts... Hope this helps...
Thanks for the feedback bro. I can say with 90% certainty that it's not kidney stones because I would have known by now after a few years.
As far as nerves.....could be.....but this has been a constant issue for years now. I'm thinking it's just me being unlucky. But it seems that it's fairly common based on the responses i've gotten.

Electromass
03-07-2017, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback bro. I can say with 90% certainty that it's not kidney stones because I would have known by now after a few years.
As far as nerves.....could be.....but this has been a constant issue for years now. I'm thinking it's just me being unlucky. But it seems that it's fairly common based on the responses i've gotten.

I will also add this...this has only recently happened to me. I've worked my abs pretty consistently over the years. It's only in the last year that I've neglected them so in my case I'm thinking that isolating them specifically might be why I was cramping even tho I have a pretty solid core.