PDA

View Full Version : Having goals....not good??

Anzel
03-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I listened to a pod cast... I can't tell you who it was talking but he made a really good point.

Goals are not necessarily the best thing to follow .
He went on to explain that the problem with goals is that they put us in a future mindset and weven forget to live in the now...in the moment.

He also continued to say that by having goals we tend to box ourselves in. And he pointed out that a trait of successful people is alot of times....thinking outside the box.

Hmmmm interesting!

He did admit in contradicting himself right away to say that having goals is still a good thing and that those who can developed goals and follow them is also a trait of successful people...

Bottom line was that there is other ways to skin a cat and we have to be able to apply these ideas at different times throughout our lives...and more importantly be able to apply both at the same time!!

So what do you guys think about it?

Enjoy your day!
Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net
Puritysourcelabs.ru

Boombalaty
03-12-2017, 03:51 PM
I can see what he is getting at but I think goals are important. Goals dont mean you cant think outside of the box. You dont build a house without a blueprint but you can change it as you go. What you do in the now is all part of acheiving your goals.

turbolnd
03-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah. It's like taking gear. Everyone responds to it differently. I think setting goals for some is too daunting. You're asking someone, who possibly has no self esteem, to look far into his or her future and imagine something they don't believe they even have in them. But I think once self belief and reliance has been established setting goals is a more effective way of setting out to succeed in your endeavors.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Lady Sky
03-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Hmm..yes and no.
I like to make small goals which makes you still awareaware of present and create the possibility to actually achieve it. Gives me the feeling Im in control

RoidRage
03-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I agree with Boombalaty. Me personally I have to set goals. I wouldn't necessarily call it a box but it works fine in how he explains it. It's more like a highway with lines on the road to keep me in my lane(Inside the box). I follow the GPS and it takes me to my destination. If the direction I'm going in is wrong. I use off ramps and side streets to correct my errors(Outside the box). This analogy fits my way of thinking. A marriage of both I think will be most effective.

JB ROBO
03-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Depends how close minded you are man. If your personality is prone to limit your potential then I see where he is coming from.

If your a fucking tiger with the desire to conquer everything you can goals are good. They are steps to the stair case. I set goals high and when I achieved them I look back like damn... can't believe I did that.

I've seen other people limit their goals to shit they can already do if they would just dig deep. So it's definitely a two way street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anzel
03-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Yeah. It's like taking gear. Everyone responds to it differently. I think setting goals for some is too daunting. You're asking someone, who possibly has no self esteem, to look far into his or her future and imagine something they don't believe they even have in them. But I think once self belief and reliance has been established setting goals is a more effective way of setting out to succeed in your endeavors.

I agree here... but on that note I remeber him saying that there are people who are afraid to go on without goals. They actually lack self confidence so having goals is a way to keep them thinking and tracking along a set and predetermined path... to be without goals means they have to decide and rely on their confidence in them selves....

So between what this guy said and what you guys are saying there is definitly a bit of truth everywhere!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

turbolnd
03-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah. It's probably far more complicated than can really be gone through here. I mean there are always influences on the person. Setting goals is very individualistic. It's like what the military does for those who cannot go without goals.

cajun504
03-12-2017, 06:04 PM
goals are great as long as they are realistic and attainable. It's much better to set goals that you can surpass rather than ones you never had a shot at before you began. The latter happens a lot in the fitness world.

Anzel
03-12-2017, 07:13 PM
goals are great as long as they are realistic and attainable. It's much better to set goals that you can surpass rather than ones you never had a shot at before you began. The latter happens a lot in the fitness world.
Yeah like I wanna look like Dorian Yates by next year....says the new guy....lol!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk