PDA

View Full Version : Mastery vs goal setting , a way to develop yourself.

Anzel
03-14-2017, 08:11 PM
These points can fit any of your endeavors. From business to marriage to fatloss and muscle development.

The quick fix mentality doesn’t work in the long run and is ultimately destructive to individuals and to society.

Nobody masters anything quickly – it takes years – and even then, the work, study and practice continues for a lifetime and you continue getting better through a series of stages.

All major learning and progress occurs not in a straight line, but in short spurts of progress separated by periods on a plateau. This is the mastery curve.

Because we spend more time on plateaus, we must learn to love the plateau – the grind – even when we don’t appear to be getting anywhere.

To move along this path, you must practice diligently, and rather than be frustrated during time on plateaus, you practice for the sake of practice itself.

Practice is both a verb and a noun. The person pursuing mastery sees practice more as a noun, not merely something you do like training or rehearsing, but also something you have; a road or path.

The reason it’s so common to set goals, move toward them or even achieve them, but then backslide is because the human mind and body prefer homeostasis, not change (even positive change). Understanding this tendency is a key to staying on the path.

You can learn on your own from books, audios and courses, but if you intend to pursue mastery, the best thing you can do is get first-rate instruction. The self-taught path is chancy and likely longer.

With the mastery mindset, you can enjoy it all – the challenges, the victories, the plateaus, the progress, the process.

Enjoy your day!
Anzel Puritysourcelabs.ru

EJR
03-15-2017, 12:16 AM
Seriously Bro, I'm getting tired of telling you how solid your threads are:02.47-tranquillity:. Starting to strongly consider giving PSL a go now. Might be some subliminal shit going on here. Straight up Manchurian Candidate shit.

jsnm
03-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Deep man I liked it thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigeyed
03-15-2017, 06:08 AM
I have to tell you how much I enjoy reading what you post. I'm always looking to better myself and search for things to keep me reminded of my persuits. This is exactly what I wanted to see. This reminds me of the book "slight edge". It discusses how the small things add up to the big things over time and how we stop progressing once we get comfortable. We go on a roller coaster of working our ass off to get where or what we want and then slack off and slide back to where we started; only to start the cycle over again. Each time it gets harder to pull ourselves back up.

I find the phrase, "The self taught path is chancy and likely longer", Interesting. I'm ?the type that has to learn the hard way or experience if first hand or it doesn't sink in. You can tell me all day long; but until I experience it for myself, it doesn't mean anything. It's the learning cycle I follow when improving in new areas.

Any way, thank you for giving great info. It definitely goes a long way as a sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anzel
03-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Seriously Bro, I'm getting tired of telling you how solid your threads are:02.47-tranquillity:. Starting to strongly consider giving PSL a go now. Might be some subliminal shit going on here. Straight up Manchurian Candidate shit.

Thanks you! PSL is on the path of mastery!