PDA

View Full Version : Hernia in abdomen!!

rocky83
03-17-2017, 02:07 PM
So I have been powerlifting for a while now and knew people that have gotten a hernia, but never though it would be me. Well after my last competition I noticed this lump in my abdomen area. It was sort of small, so I ignored it like an idiot. I started training for my next competition and noticed it getting larger to the point where I could push it in and feel fluid moving in and out and it was causing extreme discomfort. It got so bad that I had to go to the emergency room and they found all sorts of shit wrong with me. I have to go under the knife in a few days to fix me up. Long story short is don't ignore shit till it gets to a point where it could endanger your life like I did. Don't be a tough guy. Your life is not worth it.

bigeyed
03-17-2017, 07:22 PM
Good advice. I'm the type of guy who ignores whatever pain and discomfort I have going on. Hell, I've had a sinus infection for the last month and haven't even taken anything for it. I've had a kink in my back for probably 5 month also. Shit, what's wrong with me? Thanks for bringing this up. You make a good point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

toppjimie
03-17-2017, 07:35 PM
thats sucks bro.I had one years ago fixed,popping out of my belly button.get that thing fixed and take it easy for a month.

rocky83
03-18-2017, 08:27 PM
It's just crazy that have to go see 10 different doctors so they can tell you the exact same thing over and over. Everybody needs to get a piece of the pie I guess.

rocky83
04-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Two weeks today post surgery and still have quite a bit of discomfort. Had a small light weight training session at the gym today and felt like it was a success.

Jackman96
04-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Hope all goes well with the recovery man! My twin brother suspects that he has a hernia, likely power-lifting related too, and I showed him this and it has motivated him to go get it checked out.

FutureIFBBProJARow23
04-17-2017, 12:29 AM
So I have been powerlifting for a while now and knew people that have gotten a hernia, but never though it would be me. Well after my last competition I noticed this lump in my abdomen area. It was sort of small, so I ignored it like an idiot. I started training for my next competition and noticed it getting larger to the point where I could push it in and feel fluid moving in and out and it was causing extreme discomfort. It got so bad that I had to go to the emergency room and they found all sorts of shit wrong with me. I have to go under the knife in a few days to fix me up. Long story short is don't ignore shit till it gets to a point where it could endanger your life like I did. Don't be a tough guy. Your life is not worth it. I have a hiatal hernia and it sucks.

Lou Thornstone
08-07-2017, 04:40 PM
That is very good. You had a fast recovery. Don't push too hard bro, all my best for a fast full recovery.