PDA

View Full Version : Rich Piana's Meal Plan

cajun504
03-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Disclaimer: I think Rich is the biggest douche in the business. Hell, I think he knows he is. I don't agree with 3/4 of the shit he says, or rather the advice he gives. I do sometimes find his content entertaining, akin to driving past a car crash and just having to take a look. So, with that said...

I'm fucking busy like a lot of you guys. Between the kid, the wife, and the job I barely have time to fit in my training and meal prep, especially meal prep. So I started looking for pre-made options I can just throw in the microwave when in a pinch. These fucking things are expensive, the average being $10-$12 for a 400 cal, 40 g protein meal. I stumbled across Piana's meal plan, priced at about $8.25 a meal including delivery. So I bit. I ordered the 21 meal/week for a grand total of $175. This is a recurring plan so you have to pause your order unless you want to keep receiving them weekly. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I've read a lot of bs reviews about them and most are far from the truth. The main complaint being the macros can't be right. Well, they are. The meals are big, there is a shitload of high quality meat in these things. You can tell these things are made fresh, the sirloin steak and chicken is just as you would get at the grocery and prepped it yourself. The taste is good, not fantastic but these are suppose to be healthy options for bodybuilders/athletes. The quality of the food is there though.

So... I just thought I'd share this info with you guys incase some of you find yourselves in the position I am in with my time. I do not intend on using his meal plan as a stand alone at $175/week, although if you have money to spend and suck at or hate cooking and would pay for convenience it's really not a bad option.

YG-SERIO
12-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Disclaimer: I think Rich is the biggest douche in the business. Hell, I think he knows he is. I don't agree with 3/4 of the shit he says, or rather the advice he gives. I do sometimes find his content entertaining, akin to driving past a car crash and just having to take a look. So, with that said...

I'm fucking busy like a lot of you guys. Between the kid, the wife, and the job I barely have time to fit in my training and meal prep, especially meal prep. So I started looking for pre-made options I can just throw in the microwave when in a pinch. These fucking things are expensive, the average being $10-$12 for a 400 cal, 40 g protein meal. I stumbled across Piana's meal plan, priced at about $8.25 a meal including delivery. So I bit. I ordered the 21 meal/week for a grand total of $175. This is a recurring plan so you have to pause your order unless you want to keep receiving them weekly. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I've read a lot of bs reviews about them and most are far from the truth. The main complaint being the macros can't be right. Well, they are. The meals are big, there is a shitload of high quality meat in these things. You can tell these things are made fresh, the sirloin steak and chicken is just as you would get at the grocery and prepped it yourself. The taste is good, not fantastic but these are suppose to be healthy options for bodybuilders/athletes. The quality of the food is there though.

So... I just thought I'd share this info with you guys incase some of you find yourselves in the position I am in with my time. I do not intend on using his meal plan as a stand alone at $175/week, although if you have money to spend and suck at or hate cooking and would pay for convenience it's really not a bad option.Great information here thanks for sharing

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Juicehead88
12-22-2017, 12:03 AM
One he is dead. Two just learn to cook so you know whats in your food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YG-SERIO
12-22-2017, 02:39 AM
One he is dead. Two just learn to cook so you know whats in your food

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHis company is still live and well bro. Yes cook yourself but the bro was saying hes pressed for time so hes substatuting with pre made meals.

Me I cook 5 meals a day but might wanna take a break sometime and 8 bucks a meal is the best it gets for meals made. [emoji106][emoji123]

Juicehead88
12-22-2017, 06:00 PM
His company is still live and well bro. Yes cook yourself but the bro was saying hes pressed for time so hes substatuting with pre made meals.

Me I cook 5 meals a day but might wanna take a break sometime and 8 bucks a meal is the best it gets for meals made. [emoji106][emoji123]

I just meal prep on sundays. Only takes about 40 min. And then cook dinner fresh nightly.

Juicehead88
12-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Plus ive never been a fan of piana he is reckless.

Juicehead88
12-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Well i should say WAS reckless

DirtyKirby
12-24-2017, 06:20 PM
I have a bit of experience with the 5% meal plan as well and can attest to the fact that they are fairly high quality meals for the overall cost. There are some selections I would stay away from (the breakfast meals primarily) and others I actually enjoyed quite a bit. I've since decided to do a weeks worth of meal prep on Sunday night which isn't so bad but nowhere near as convenient as simply opening the box and filling the fridge with premade food.