PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Muffins

NightHawkDC2
03-30-2017, 05:33 AM
Made these many times. I use my food processor to shred the chicken breast (cheaper than canned), and I add 1/2 cup of Frank's Wing Sauce instead of the Lemon Pepper. They're like mini-chicken quiches, really. They are awesome. I eat them with a little more wing sauce, and maybe some Greek yogurt Ranch. Silicone muffin pans make life a lot easier.

Change up the meats, etc. I've done it with Ham, added spinach, etc. I've done it with taco-seasoned meat & topped with salsa.

Borrowed from here: Chicken Muffins Recipe (Low Carb/High Protein) (https://theproteinchef.co/chicken-muffins-recipe-low-carbhigh-protein/)

Here is the recipe:

12.5oz (354g) Canned Chicken (or 10oz Regular Chicken)
2 Large Whole Eggs
1/2 Cup (60g) Chopped Celery
1/4 Cup (38g) Chopped Red Onion
1/2 Teaspoon Lemon & Pepper
2 Tablespoons (14g) Real Bacon Bits
1/4 Cup (28g) Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Calories in the WHOLE recipe:

Calories: 518
Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Sodium: 2541mg
Carbs: 6g
Fiber: 1g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 83g

Calories per muffin (if you make 6 muffins):

Calories: 86
Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: .8g
Sodium: 423.5mg
Carbs: 1g
Fiber: .1g
Sugar: .3g
Protein: 13.8g

Drain your Canned Chicken. Chop up your Celery and Red Onion. Combine all of your ingredients together in a bowl. Mix everything together. Take out a muffin pan and coat it with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly distribute your mix into the muffin spots. Bake on 350°F/176°C for 30:00-35:00 (or until a brown tint appears). Enjoy your healthy muffins!

Paradox
03-30-2017, 06:18 AM
Im so afraid im gonna end up eating pizza and muffins for dinner tonight lol.. these seem so good but then i remember a good old magheritta and choc chip banana bread muffins and well yeh.. im on a calorie deficit atm going crazy.. but I'm sending these recipes to the wife. Thanks in advance lol

NightHawkDC2
03-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Im so afraid im gonna end up eating pizza and muffins for dinner tonight lol.. these seem so good but then i remember a good old magheritta and choc chip banana bread muffins and well yeh.. im on a calorie deficit atm going crazy.. but I'm sending these recipes to the wife. Thanks in advance lol
Hey man...That's why I posted them. Cutting doesn't have to be boring ass chicken breast, rice, & broccoli!

Ive made these quite a few times. 2-3 muffins makes for a good protein source.

Boombalaty
03-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Damn bro u need to put together a cook book!

NightHawkDC2
03-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Damn bro u need to put together a cook book!
Just sharing recipes I've found that I like. Recipes like these make cutting more tolerable

TEPENEX
03-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Nice find that looks yummy heaven