PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines Passenger Dragged Off Plane

PAiN
04-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Anyone see this video

David Dao launches legal action against United Airlines over forceful removal - National | Globalnews.ca (http://globalnews.ca/news/3375523/david-dao-united-airlines/)

United Airlines: David Dao argued with police in new video (http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/new-video-shows-argument-that-led-to-united-airlines-passenger-being-dragged-from-plane/news-story/086a34ae08b0eb9f34beeea98a22e62b)

bulk_cut
04-13-2017, 01:08 AM
I feel bad for the guy but if the air plain staff needs someone to move for any reason than that person should move - There is obviously a reason why. If someone says no, i will not, they are possibly putting the other passengers and/or plain at risk and they should be removed - by force if necessary! Our society has much to much of a sense of entitlement and that's wrong!

korsaire
04-13-2017, 02:02 AM
I feel bad for the guy but if the air plain staff needs someone to move for any reason than that person should move - There is obviously a reason why. If someone says no, i will not, they are possibly putting the other passengers and/or plain at risk and they should be removed - by force if necessary! Our society has much to much of a sense of entitlement and that's wrong!

the plane was overbook and ask for volunteer and seem like no one volunteer so they decide that this guy as to go off ....

Xtreme4Life
04-13-2017, 02:08 AM
Yea, I honestly think both sides fucked up. Overbooking is an extremely common scenario. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you, but they typically at least offer you compensation. Acting like an idiot and refusing when they are well within their rights to remove you is moronic. The way those guys treated the guy, despite his actions, was also fucking stupid.

Paradox
04-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Lucky he wasn't Arab looking..

Bulk_cut i have to disagree. Its not as simple as that in this case (other cases yeh your probably right). Looking at the whole situation. They overbooked a flight. Then allowed those that booked the flight to board the flight. Then they said 4 staff members need to board the plane so 4 paying passengers needed to volunteer their seats for a later flight. 3 volunteered, but no one else wanted to leave. Its their right. No ones safety was as risk, united fucked up by overbooking and thats their problem, not the paying consumers problem. And their reasoning is unreasonable. So they proceeded to chose someone to eject at random. He refused and explained he is a doctor with patients to see. If anything that should have triggered them to choose someone else. Ultimately its uniteds fuck up, they should have fixed the issue at the gate before boarding. Very very poor customer service. And as for the treatment, this innocent man was treated like a criminal by security. Not securities fault that's their job.

I would love to be one of those lawyers on his case, the way united acted is a disgrace

Paradox
04-13-2017, 02:22 AM
Yea, I honestly think both sides fucked up. Overbooking is an extremely common scenario. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you, but they typically at least offer you compensation. Acting like an idiot and refusing when they are well within their rights to remove you is moronic. The way those guys treated the guy, despite his actions, was also fucking stupid.

But when you book a flight, allowed to get into it. You have every right to expect to be on the flight as long as you havnt done anything wrong or suspected of doing anything wrong. I don't think the man fucked up, i would have stood my ground too, i paid for a service, everyone around me did too. And i expect to receive the service they are receiving. They offer compensation, but doesn't mean they can force you. They should have increased their offer till someone took it. They are the ones acting like children by forcing someone off because they want one of their own to take that seat. Overbooking is common but it shouldn't happen, it should be illegal. All the perfect computer systems in the world and billions of dollars but they can't fucking count lol. I don't believe in a case like this with no proper reason apart from their fuck up that they should have a right to remove whoever they want.

Yeh just a fkd up situation

Xtreme4Life
04-13-2017, 03:01 AM
But when you book a flight, allowed to get into it. You have every right to expect to be on the flight as long as you havnt done anything wrong or suspected of doing anything wrong. I don't think the man fucked up, i would have stood my ground too, i paid for a service, everyone around me did too. And i expect to receive the service they are receiving. They offer compensation, but doesn't mean they can force you. They should have increased their offer till someone took it. They are the ones acting like children by forcing someone off because they want one of their own to take that seat. Overbooking is common but it shouldn't happen, it should be illegal. All the perfect computer systems in the world and billions of dollars but they can't fucking count lol. I don't believe in a case like this with no proper reason apart from their fuck up that they should have a right to remove whoever they want.

Yeh just a fkd up situation

I completely agree with you, it's fucked and they shouldn't be able to, but legally they are well within their rights to force someone off a plane that is overbooked. They CYA in their Terms & Conditions when the ticket is purchased. This is some greedy bullshit they've been doing for decades to ensure they get the max dollars out of every flight possible, and you can be damn sure they covered their asses legally. The only reason this guy might get something out of it is because of the publicity.

JohnDoe
04-13-2017, 12:21 PM
If he was asked to get off the plane and did not comply - what other action did he assume would be taken?

Fucking moron. I'd have dragged his ass off that plane too.

Paradox
04-13-2017, 12:39 PM
How about if you were sitting with your Mrs and they ask her to leave to unfairly let someone else fly?

You expect to get what you pay for and the consumer shouldn't have their travel plans compromised due to airlines fucking up and maximising​ their profits. Its that money making/fuck the consumer attitude that smashed the taxi industry and created a market for uber etc. Poor customer service. Exept the airlines are relying on the fact that not many can drive their business down due to costs with setting up competition.

Sorry for my rants. Just passionate about it and think we shouldn't be treated like meaningless numbers.. feel like cattle anyway on those flights

tcinbc66
04-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Actually United handled it as they should. The enforement was fucked up. When you fly, you have no guarantees that the flight you pay for is the flight you will go on. Quite simply if United needs to get staff to another destination so that 100s of other flights are not delayed, you are risking the chance of being asked to deplane. When they choose who it is all based on ticket purchase, when was it bought, how much was paid. They don't go thru and select an individual based on any other parameters. This man was treated like a dog and someone needs to pay for that discretion. That being said, he was not co-operating. This country seems to have a tough time understanding that things co much better with co-operation and communication.

Lucky he wasn't Arab looking..

Bulk_cut i have to disagree. Its not as simple as that in this case (other cases yeh your probably right). Looking at the whole situation. They overbooked a flight. Then allowed those that booked the flight to board the flight. Then they said 4 staff members need to board the plane so 4 paying passengers needed to volunteer their seats for a later flight. 3 volunteered, but no one else wanted to leave. Its their right. No ones safety was as risk, united fucked up by overbooking and thats their problem, not the paying consumers problem. And their reasoning is unreasonable. So they proceeded to chose someone to eject at random. He refused and explained he is a doctor with patients to see. If anything that should have triggered them to choose someone else. Ultimately its uniteds fuck up, they should have fixed the issue at the gate before boarding. Very very poor customer service. And as for the treatment, this innocent man was treated like a criminal by security. Not securities fault that's their job.

I would love to be one of those lawyers on his case, the way united acted is a disgrace

BamaBoyPat
04-13-2017, 04:24 PM
It was pretty fucked on both parts. If you give your seat up you get reimbursed or a few ticket on another flight. The storms that have hit the south isbwhat caused all the delays and that's out of the airlines hands. Now all this dude did, was Rosa Parks the shit out of his seat and got his ass whooped for it. You can't fuck around like that on planes in the US. Especially with all the tension going on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tcinbc66
04-13-2017, 04:34 PM
How about if you were sitting with your Mrs and they ask her to leave to unfairly let someone else fly?

You expect to get what you pay for and the consumer shouldn't have their travel plans compromised due to airlines fucking up and maximising​ their profits. Its that money making/fuck the consumer attitude that smashed the taxi industry and created a market for uber etc. Poor customer service. Exept the airlines are relying on the fact that not many can drive their business down due to costs with setting up competition.

Sorry for my rants. Just passionate about it and think we shouldn't be treated like meaningless numbers.. feel like cattle anyway on those flights

Letting a pilot and crew get to their destination so that other flights and passengers don't get screwed is what this was about. He just was the one selected. You the travelled have no options there. It's in writing. Dragged off like an animal way out of line. It's all part of the game, and until the economy justifies more planes we will continue to see this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrChuckT
04-13-2017, 06:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170413/d264264632d51d27e9554b09fa8f57f6.jpg

No, I'm not a Dr.

DCT

bamboosolid
04-13-2017, 11:19 PM
If he was asked to get off the plane and did not comply - what other action did he assume would be taken?

Fucking moron. I'd have dragged his ass off that plane too.
always two sides to a story.

Im just waiting for the lawsuit. ...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

PAiN
04-13-2017, 11:27 PM
I fly Southwest!

http://static.snopes.com/app/uploads/2017/04/southwest-logo.jpg

JohnDoe
04-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Lmao!!

relentless34
06-09-2017, 08:41 PM