PDA

View Full Version : Training question

milleniumgirl
04-16-2017, 05:38 PM
I always worked out and never stopped even when injured. I have been natural for over 10 years and all I want is to stay healthy. How should I train now thst I'm more mature than most of you? Do cardio every day or do cardio and weights every day even when tired? Help me :)

DD, I need your input on this ;)

Boombalaty
04-16-2017, 06:46 PM
How old are you MG? I no thats not the right question to ask a lady lol. Im 42, try to do cardio every day and train with weights 5 days a week. I am a little unnatural at the moment but even before I was on cycle I was training on the same schedule. You just have to listen to your body. If you joints and muscles ache, take a break. If certain body parts are sore and others are not, work the fresh ones. It kinda all just depends on how you feel in my humble opinion.

bulk_cut
04-16-2017, 06:59 PM
It all depends on what your true goals and objectives are. Age shouldn't be a deterrent. If i was your trainer the fist thing I'd do would be to identify any muscle imbalances and trigger points you have then go from there. I'd start you off at the very basics again going through functional fitness exercises to strengthen your weak/out of balance muscles and work on loosening up the tight ones along with really hitting the core -I'd start off with an exercise called dead bugs on the very basic level and progress from there. After 4-6 weeks I'd reasses how you were doing and readjust accordingly working you back into a more traditional routine reassessing every 4-6 weeks to determine progress.

milleniumgirl
04-17-2017, 05:34 AM
How old are you MG? I no thats not the right question to ask a lady lol. Im 42, try to do cardio every day and train with weights 5 days a week. I am a little unnatural at the moment but even before I was on cycle I was training on the same schedule. You just have to listen to your body. If you joints and muscles ache, take a break. If certain body parts are sore and others are not, work the fresh ones. It kinda all just depends on how you feel in my humble opinion.
Lol Boom, you made me laugh with your "I'm a little unnatural at the moment". Let's say that I'm older than you. People who know me also know that I cannot be stopped and that I keep working out while injured which isn't very wise .... I stick to light weights since I started working out at home where I have only limited equipment so I'm never really sore ;)

It all depends on what your true goals and objectives are. Age shouldn't be a deterrent. If i was your trainer the fist thing I'd do would be to identify any muscle imbalances and trigger points you have then go from there. I'd start you off at the very basics again going through functional fitness exercises to strengthen your weak/out of balance muscles and work on loosening up the tight ones along with really hitting the core -I'd start off with an exercise called dead bugs on the very basic level and progress from there. After 4-6 weeks I'd reasses how you were doing and readjust accordingly working you back into a more traditional routine reassessing every 4-6 weeks to determine progress.
My goals are to stay healthy and toned. Most ladies my age don't work out or just go for a walk or a swim but I'm a former anorexic and I have to burn as many calories as possible or I will feel terribly guilty.
I'm starting from scratch again because like I told Boom I work out at home and have only limited equipment, I'm gonna do more sets and reps with lighter weights. I might do cardio every day and lift weights every other day, How does that sound?

juppxx
04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
I`m 44, try to do cardio every day and train with weights 5 days a week.

milleniumgirl
07-29-2017, 04:26 PM
I`m 44, try to do cardio every day and train with weights 5 days a week.
I was thinking of doing cardio one day and weights the next (not both on the same day) and taking a day off midweek.

Diesel1965
07-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Cool listen to your body. Keep killing it your only as old as you feel.

Zman111
08-21-2017, 04:27 AM
I am 47 train 6 days a week do cardio for 20 min after each session except legs and also slightly unnatural :)