PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb question probably

Superman8
04-17-2017, 02:50 AM
Curious if when u guys are brewing do you always come out w exact amount or close to what u planned for?? I'm referring to ml's... Having another debate w a friend about it.... I sometime have less due to messiness or small bits left in glassware etc... Does anyone go over sometimes etc??? And if so do u think it makes a noticeable change in Mg's.. I'm not saying what I'm thinking cause I'm probably wrong lol... Sorry if a dumb question

enrod
04-17-2017, 03:36 AM
Nah bro it's common. I don't worry so much anymore about that though, it's likely due to displacement, how much powder is taking up in the beaker when it is solid vs when it melts. I add about half the total oil I expect to make during the filtering process, after the dissolve is already done with solvents (and the other half of oil).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmewrench
04-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Curious if when u guys are brewing do you always come out w exact amount or close to what u planned for?? I'm referring to ml's... Having another debate w a friend about it.... I sometime have less due to messiness or small bits left in glassware etc... Does anyone go over sometimes etc??? And if so do u think it makes a noticeable change in Mg's.. I'm not saying what I'm thinking cause I'm probably wrong lol... Sorry if a dumb question
You will loose some from transfering from beaker to filter, then media bottle to vials. always add a little extra carrier oil at end of filtration to make sure im spot on with my volume. Never the less usually only 10ml short. The other thing to check is the measurements on your media. One beaker was way off, 100ml was not even close to 100ml. Pyrex glass liquid measuring cups are very accurate. Fyi.

korsaire
04-23-2017, 11:47 PM
“The only stupid question is the question that is never asked.”