PDA

View Full Version : Leg day!!

Jay0536
04-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Just curious to see if anyone does a lite to moderate cardio before they do legs to warm up and stretch the leg muscles. Normally I do my cardio after my workout but for my legs sake I'm just wondering if it would make more sense to do cardio first.

Anzel
04-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Yeah definitely but you don't have to do much. I will do anywhere from 3 to 10 min on the bike. Then I do about 15 body weight lunges and 10 bodyweight squats. And then a quick 5 or 10 reps with just the bar. Then it's got time.
You can also do some dynamic stretching before hand as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jay0536
04-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Yeah definitely but you don't have to do much. I will do anywhere from 3 to 10 min on the bike. Then I do about 15 body weight lunges and 10 bodyweight squats. And then a quick 5 or 10 reps with just the bar. Then it's got time.
You can also do some dynamic stretching before hand as well.

Appreciate that brother! I will definitely put some of that to use before legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anzel
04-18-2017, 11:00 PM
Appreciate that brother! I will definitely put some of that to use before legs.

Yeah and it depends..sometimes I just do more warm up lifts with the bar and then add weight and do singles while adding weight up to my working weight.

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net Puritysourcelabs.ru

jsnm
04-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Good pointers bro,I usually warm up with some squats with just the bar,and just stretch a bit.
Just not a fan of leg day,heavy isn't a problem for me,it's just so damn boring!

Jay0536
04-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Good pointers bro,I usually warm up with some squats with just the bar,and just stretch a bit.
Just not a fan of leg day,heavy isn't a problem for me,it's just so damn boring!

Its probably the most boring of all body parts to train but essential to training. Haha!!

Turbo306
04-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Always warm up my knees with leg extensions.... Almost pre exhaustion works for me (lots of sets!!)...not a big fan of cardio before... I split cardio completly away from my workouts (ie I work out in the am cardio will be at night).. Also stretching... Try to hit 10 minutes or so of getting my legs loose...

Fancycat69
04-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Just curious to see if anyone does a lite to moderate cardio before they do legs to warm up and stretch the leg muscles. Normally I do my cardio after my workout but for my legs sake I'm just wondering if it would make more sense to do cardio first.

I like to spend around 10 min on stair master before legs to get blood flowing. I also like doing light extensions and curls before I get after my tough sets. Overall my warm up takes about 15-20 minutes. I never do cardio after legs unless I'm in prep mode