PDA

View Full Version : Bone spur in my shoulder.

glock4319
04-20-2017, 01:14 AM
Well fellas I've been having pain in my shoulder so I went to the ortho doc today. One X-ray later and I have a big bone spur in my right shoulder. He said surgery will need to happen it's just a matter of when. I don't want that right now so I got a cortisone shot to dull the pain. He said I can have that done 3-4 times in a year's time and each one could last up to 3 months. He said surgery will put me out of lifting for 6 weeks at least. Not a happy camper at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradox
04-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Wow never heard of a shoulder bone spur, ive seen heal spurs

I would definitely get a second opinion before a surgery and also another scan other than an xray. CT or MRI. I've never heard of an ortho determining surgery through x rays alone (exept for broken bones - pins and plates)

Also look into acupuncture, ive heard some good things in the past with it comes to heal spurs

glock4319
04-20-2017, 01:34 AM
Wow never heard of a shoulder bone spur, ive seen heal spurs

I would definitely get a second opinion before a surgery and also another scan other than an xray. CT or MRI. I've never heard of an ortho determining surgery through x rays alone (exept for broken bones - pins and plates)

Also look into acupuncture, ive heard some good things in the past with it comes to heal spurs

Yeah I had a bone spur taken off my other shoulder over 10 yrs ago. It's been five since. It was done by the same doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradox
04-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Fair enough.. learning something new everyday

glock4319
04-20-2017, 01:39 AM
Aren't we all bro, aren't we all. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk