PDA

View Full Version : GETTING BLOODWORK IN NYC?

Sqwuidd
04-22-2017, 11:48 PM
I am experiencing different views on this. I an just go to my PCP and get a hormone panel? I have been been hearing about online labs and shit -- Why not just go to my doctor ? Anyone help me with this one? What exact test am I looking to get done ?

littlefrank
04-22-2017, 11:50 PM
I am experiencing different views on this. I an just go to my PCP and get a hormone panel? I have been been hearing about online labs and shit -- Why not just go to my doctor ? Anyone help me with this one? What exact test am I looking to get done ?

Most insurances (mine anyway) won't cover testosterone tests and all the other shit we want. So it's very expensive out of pocket. But you live in NY... so you might be Outta luck. I believe they don't allow it there. Check out privatemdlabs.com but pretty sure they have laws against it there.

Sqwuidd
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Most insurances (mine anyway) won't cover testosterone tests and all the other shit we want. So it's very expensive out of pocket. But you live in NY... so you might be Outta luck. I believe they don't allow it there. Check out privatemdlabs.com but pretty sure they have laws against it there.

it is banned in NY. PPL are saying they travel to PA or CONN - that is a fuckin hassle--Anyone know of a way to do this ?

littlefrank
04-22-2017, 11:56 PM
it is banned in NY. PPL are saying they travel to PA or CONN - that is a fuckin hassle--Anyone know of a way to do this ?

I think your only option is to see your doctor. Honestly.

mike312
04-23-2017, 12:09 AM
I live in New York....no Privatemdlabs or anything etc....Was trying to myself...have to go to Conn or Penn.....and show some kind of mail or I.D..... you can go to Primary Doc or for a full panel of blood work but best bet is a Urologist....Thats what i did....said i felt i was suffering from low T and he did a full work up of bloods....Insurance covered everything....Just be careful what you tell your doctor....Its not like years ago....everything is reported and sometimes insurance is notified....my experience

Sqwuidd
04-23-2017, 12:21 AM
I heard you can print the PRIVATELABmd paperwork, go to PA and show up with your ******** as the ID (doesnt say Address on it). Since you already paid, most of the ppl are saying they dont give a shit and just pull your blood. I dont wanna fux with insurance at all.

mike312
04-23-2017, 12:33 AM
I hear you on Insurance.... especially if its work issued ... Im not sure on the Privatemdlabs print up....Best bet maybe a Moderator or someone will chime in...i posted a thread myself on this same issue

NightHawkDC2
04-24-2017, 09:23 AM
WTF? NYC banned BLOOD TESTS?! I don't even understand the rationale behind that...

Is this some Bloomberg bullshit?

BobbyJake
04-24-2017, 11:05 AM
You could try mail in test.
Convenient online health tests - EverlyWell (https://www.everlywell.com/products)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sqwuidd
04-24-2017, 11:10 AM
This looks promising - saliva test though -- is that as accurate? I would choose the testosterone test but I am wondering if it will measure like E and PRL etc. - thanks man !

You could try mail in test.
Convenient online health tests - EverlyWell (https://www.everlywell.com/products)

Sqwuidd
04-24-2017, 11:12 AM
THEY DONT OFFER TO NY -I just read it -- DAMN

Mfppower4
04-24-2017, 11:18 AM

I live in New York, I just went to my doc and said I had no sex drive and was feeling week! Asked if they could get my levels checked, when the results came back, she discharged me from the office because they were rediculously too high! She said until I saw an endocrinologist she wouldn't let me back to the practice lol!![emoji3]

BobbyJake
04-24-2017, 11:19 AM
THEY DONT OFFER TO NY -I just read it -- DAMN

Well... shit

Sqwuidd
04-24-2017, 11:26 AM
They make it so you gotta do something illegal -- it is crazy . I honestly dont want to go to PA and lie about shit but I mean it seems the only way to get an accurate blood test done

Sqwuidd
04-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Fuckin insane - I am trying to avoid my primary doc bc it prob will come with a lecture and shit plus my insurance co may drop me if thery find out I am messing around ya kno?

I live in New York, I just went to my doc and said I had no sex drive and was feeling week! Asked if they could get my levels checked, when the results came back, she discharged me from the office because they were rediculously too high! She said until I saw an endocrinologist she wouldn't let me back to the practice lol!![emoji3]

Mfppower4
04-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Fuckin insane - I am trying to avoid my primary doc bc it prob will come with a lecture and shit plus my insurance co may drop me if thery find out I am messing around ya kno?

Insurance did cover it

Sqwuidd
04-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Thats good, but you basically got banned from your doctor lol. I guess I can just go to a diff doctor then just never go back

Insurance did cover it

Mfppower4
04-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Thats good, but you basically got banned from your doctor lol. I guess I can just go to a diff doctor then just never go back

Fuck her, there's 2 million docs on Long Island bro, but If u wanna keep your doc, don't do it, but I'll tell u for sure u could get it checked!!

Buddhayoyo
06-07-2017, 06:00 PM
This really sucks living in NY NJ state area both stupid states don't do blood, Connecticut is 1 hr driving which is not bad but not convenient at all
who make this stupid laws, NJ is called a progressive state for things and backwards for others, so pissed right now cause I can test some hgh I booing and is really cheap to do the test and worthy