PDA

View Full Version : Arimidex

STEROID
11-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Arimidex

(anastrozole)

Arimidex (anastrozole) is what we call an aromatase inhibitor (AI). In clinical use, it´s used to halt the progression of Breast Cancer in women. It works by blocking the aromatase enzyme, which is responsible for the production of estrogen. In athletics and bodybuilding, it is used as an ancillary compound to be added to a cycle of AAS. In this respect it is also used for its estrogen reducing properties, but it has the additional benefit of increasing testosterone levels, as we´ll see...

Arimidex Side Effects

Many AAS aromatize (convert to estrogen via the aromatase enzyme), and this is responsible for many of the unwanted side effects found with anabolic steroid use (acne, gynocomastia, water-retention, etc...). In one study, both .5mg and 1mg doses of Arimidex were shown to decrease estrogen by roughly 50%. The 1mg/day dose also increased testosterone levels by 58% (1). In that same study, in both groups, LH and FSH also went up slightly.

Take a look:
http://images.steroidset.com/images/import/arimidex.gif
Changes in testosterone and E2 concentrations in normal young men (15- 22 yr old) before () and after 10 days of oral anastrozole at 0.5 and 1 mg.(1)

This would seem to suggest that for use during a cycle, a dose of .5mgs/day would be sufficient to combat estrogen-related side effects. It is, however, important to remember that some estrogen is necessary to obtain optimal muscle growth. The lower estrogen levels provided by ´dex seems, anecdotally at least, to produce a more "hard" and "quality" look for bodybuilders who have experimented with it´s use in either a cutting or bulking cycle.

I´d like to point out that the elevation in Testosterone provided by Arimidex is so large that it can be used as a "form" of testosterone replacement therapy for hypogonadal men (2). Clearly, this suggests its use in a post-cycle-therapy (as well as its previously discussed use within a cycle) to regain natural testosterone levels and full functioning of the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Testicular-Pituitary-Axis).

Literature provided by the original maker of anastrozole (Arimidex, produced by Zeneca Pharmaceuticals) states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after a mere 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. Also, Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase (3). Thus, if you want to take it for the entire duration of a cycle of AAS.

But can you use it for the entire duration of a cycle? Is it dangerous? Well, certainly reducing estrogen levels in your body is good from a body building point of view, as it reduces water-retention and the potential for gynocomastia (if there´s no estrogen in your body, you can´t get gyno, regardless of how much progesterone is floating around)(5). Luckily this stuff is very mild on blood lipids (cholesterol) and doesn´t affect them adversely (2), in the studies I´ve seen.
Arimidex and Cholesterol

As previously mentioned, those lowered estrogen levels could possibly (eventually) adversely affect your cholesterol and possibly even your immune function. I am, however, very comfortable recommending Arimidex for relatively long-term use. This should be the ancillary compound of choice for those on long and heavy cycles, especially since it also doesn´t inhibit IGF like some other ancillary compounds (Insulin-like-growth-factor is an important component of anabolism)(4).

Price of Arimidex

Though price of Arimidex will vary, this is one of the compounds I will caution the reader from buying in its legitimate pharmaceutical form. The price (up to $5/tab) is absurd, when you consider its availability from Underground Labs, as well as in research form, for less than 1/3rd of that. I´ve used both the tabs from an Underground Lab, as well as the liquid version from research-sites, and found the results from both to be exactly the same.

Ilb34
10-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Very informative, by 'liquid' you mean injectable or oral?

ShortnWide
10-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Meening
Oral liquid research type and (UG) under ground pill vs Pharmasutical press tabs = same effects

pump1344
10-29-2012, 06:26 PM
I just happened to be very lucky. a woman friend of mine had some type of cancer so she arimidex but it made her sick and they changed he rx so she would just give them to me 300 tabs and they would bill her insurance $170 for 30 tabs and all I would get them from her for $10 cant beat that ,I had another friend that got 1 bottle of watson test depot or sandoz test depot both were 200mgs of cyp, but to be totaly honest with ya I had a good ug connect that I could not even tell the differance , I actully liked the andropen275 better probally because it had the fast acting esters in it and nit just the long acting esters, so I have come to relize that if its legit test is test
Respect

turkeyjerky23
08-21-2014, 04:44 PM
sounds like this would be a great addition to any cycle.

Mystik4l06
04-24-2018, 04:02 AM
This is the best summary I've found that explains how it works efficiently. Thanks a bunch.

SirFlexAlot
06-02-2018, 05:09 AM
Great info, very clear!

benjyman
09-28-2019, 07:43 PM
There is also the opinion that arimidex is powerful enough that it will crash your e2 levels if you take too large of a dose too often. Just a sliver every couple days is better than just popping 1 mg at a time and crashing your E2. It can take months to recover from crashed estrogen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ronnoco
10-25-2019, 07:53 PM
So for an eq-test cycle of 500ml per week, a sliver every few days, but how long do you continue after your final injection?

thebear
10-25-2019, 08:01 PM
So for an eq-test cycle of 500ml per week, a sliver every few days, but how long do you continue after your final injection?

Hmmm. I personally wouldn’t do that. Sliver!? What does that mean in mgs?

Have you run 500mg a wk? Did you run bloods to see where e2 was at so you know how much AI, if any you need?

This is how and why so many will say that on 500mg a wk they don’t need any AI. Others will say 12.5mg asin a wk and others will say 2x a wk.

I hate adex as no matter what, why, when or how I feel like shit, I am tired and cannot regular my e2.

My guess, that’s all it is, on 500mg, you would need adex .25-.5 2x a wk BUT...

I would rec asin at 12.5mg. On 500 I take 12.5 mg every 4 days.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist [emoji199]

Mattymoo
10-25-2019, 11:27 PM
So you take 12 and a half 1mg tablets every week on onky 500mg test ?

thebear
10-25-2019, 11:34 PM
So you take 12 and a half 1mg tablets every week on onky 500mg test ?

I said asin, not adex. Mg are different between them.

Adex usually is 1mg tabs

Asin usually 25mg tabs

Mattymoo
10-26-2019, 01:38 AM
Yes you did say Asin, i had adex in my head as thats what i take so my appologies the bear..
Loving your posts

thebear
10-26-2019, 02:13 AM
Yes you did say Asin, i had adex in my head as thats what i take so my appologies the bear..
Loving your posts

No need to apologize. Just didn’t want you to hurt yourself and take 12 ain [emoji33] Or even 12 adex! That would be bad.

Mattymoo
10-26-2019, 02:46 AM
Yeah i know reckon my estrogen would crash
Im only taking .5mg Adex 3 times a week
Still waking up with a boner

Ronnoco
10-26-2019, 06:16 PM
Hi, my estrodial was high, 300

Ronnoco
10-26-2019, 06:19 PM
Sorry, let be at context, my estrodial was 300 about 30 days after pct, but dropped to 130 about 2 months later and that is where it is now. My goal is another cycle in 3 months, and trying to plan it out

Caviness81
04-12-2020, 12:28 PM
Has anyone had issues with sore throat in the past from liquid anastrozole? .75mg twice a week.