PDA

View Full Version : Coinbase account closure

raymoz14
05-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I woke up this morning with an email from coinbase saying my account has been closed due to a violation of terms of service? Does this mean that they know what I have been sending BTC for? Hahaha. I sent for 2 orders,roughly 2 weeks ago that went through with no problems. Has anyone else had an email come through like this before?

Xtreme4Life
05-09-2017, 03:38 PM
https://brotherhoodofpain.com/anything-goes-/35655-coinbase-boot.html?highlight=coinbase

https://brotherhoodofpain.com/general-discussion/34279-coin-base-closed-account.html?highlight=coinbase

littlefrank
05-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Read what xtreme wrote and yes. They tend to flag sources. So what that means is you have to set up your own account with a different wallet and send to that wallet. I would suggest BTC-e or cex.io. They're two good ones. Bitstamp is good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sqwuidd
05-09-2017, 03:42 PM
I use Coinbase to buy the BTC then transfer it to Blockchain (external wallet)- I send from Blockchain instead- supposed to be more secure and private. Ive heard of coinbase kicking people off a lot which is why I did the Blockchain addition

littlefrank
05-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah coinbase sucks. The three I said are exchanges. You can also use breadwallet now to buy btc. But the only shit thing is my bank doesn't allow it. So I have to use external cards. Which isn't a bad thing I guess

raymoz14
05-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. I'll have to set something up asap because I am in need of some more ai before leaving town. I'll let everyone know what route I go with and how it goes! Thanks a lot!

raymoz14
05-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Every other site out there is ridiculous! Did everyone verify their social security and tax info just to buy bitcoins?! I'm trying on bitstamp but there is a lot of information I am weary to put on

Sqwuidd
05-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I didnt have to do that shit - just uploaded my ID. thats it- But I am still using coinbase to buy then trasnferring them to a wallet so IDK bout the other sites procedures

Every other site out there is ridiculous! Did everyone verify their social security and tax info just to buy bitcoins?! I'm trying on bitstamp but there is a lot of information I am weary to put on

littlefrank
05-10-2017, 05:23 PM

Yes other sites take precautions. Why on exchanges you only buy and then transfer to a different wallet.

raymoz14
05-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Okay. I'm figuring this out, slowly :p. But I opened a bread wallet and block chain and it seems to be the easiest way so far!

Sqwuidd
05-10-2017, 05:26 PM
I buy from COINBASE send to BLOCKCHAIN and send to sponsor from BLOCKCHAIN. I do it BC it doesnt allow Coinbase to be all up in my business- It goes to BLOCKCHAIN and then from there it is no longer Coinbase's problem. It was a legitimate transfer to a wallet that I created and own- I send to whoever from there and its less invasive in terms of them saying I am sending the money for illegal shit etc.

Yes other sites take precautions. Why on exchanges you only buy and then transfer to a different wallet.

littlefrank
05-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Okay. I'm figuring this out, slowly :p. But I opened a bread wallet and block chain and it seems to be the easiest way so far!

Very easy. You can buy off breadwallet now. Haven't done it yet but you can. Mycelium is a good wallet too.

littlefrank
05-10-2017, 05:28 PM
I buy from COINBASE send to BLOCKCHAIN and send to sponsor from BLOCKCHAIN. I do it BC it doesnt allow Coinbase to be all up in my business- It goes to BLOCKCHAIN and then from there it is no longer Coinbase's problem. It was a legitimate transfer to a wallet that I created and own- I send to whoever from there and its less invasive in terms of them saying I am sending the money for illegal shit etc.

Yep I know bud I do exactly the same thing. I was talking to raymoz. Why I quoted ha. It's the best way to do it. Does coinbase have fee's? Or do they just sell at the market level?

Sqwuidd
05-10-2017, 05:33 PM
MY bad bro- Coinbase has fees yea- not that bad though - its like 5-6$ for buying 300$ bitcoins

Yep I know bud I do exactly the same thing. I was talking to raymoz. Why I quoted ha. It's the best way to do it. Does coinbase have fee's? Or do they just sell at the market level?