PDA

View Full Version : Proviron

FREEKSHOW
11-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Proviron Mesterolone

Proviron (mesterolone) is basically an orally active DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) preparation. For comparision, we can think of some other orally prepared DHT compounds like Winstrol, Anavar, etc& Those both act very similarly in mechanism to Proviron, but a more accurate way to think of this compound is as something like "Oral Masteron." As I´m sure you noticed, their anabolic/androgenic ratio is very similar.Remember, DHT is 3 to 4 times as androgenic as testosterone and is, of course, incapable of forming estrogen. Also, Proviron is quite unique in that a simple look at it´s 4-ring structure will show us that it is not going to be too liver toxic, since it is not c17-Alpha-Alkylated, as many orals are& this modification (lacking in Proviron) makes drugs more liver toxic. Proviron has a 1-metyhl group added, instead. Looks pretty great on paper, right? Well, as usual, things tend to look better on paper than they do in the body. Your body has a negative feedback loop which prevents your body from having too much DHT floating around(if you´ve been paying attention up to now from reading my other stuff, you already know this). An excess of DHT will eventually be changed into another (largely not anabolic) compound.

And of course, being a DHT-based compound, this stuff isn´t going to be great for female athletes to use. Virilization (development of male sexual characteristics) is going to be a concern for women daring enough to try this stuff. My advice is that there is much better, safer compounds for female athletes and bodybuilders to use.

So lets go back to the comparison with being some sort of "Oral Masteron"& basically since Proviron is 5-alpha reduced and not capable of forming estrogen, and also has a very high affinity for binding to the aromatase enzyme (the enzyme responsible for converting all that good testosterone in your body into all that nasty estrogen). That means if you choose to take proviron with testosterone (and I know you wouldn´t even be doing a cycle without including some form of testosterone) and/or any aromatizable steroid, it should actually serve to prevent estrogen build up by the aforementioned binding to the aromatase enzyme, which prevents aromatase from doing it´s dirty work and making a bunch of estrogen out of the other steroids you are taking. It should also be noted that Proviron also binds very well to SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin& a hormone responsible for reducing the amount of circulating free testosterone in your body)(1). As a matter of fact, in the last study I read, it bound to SHBG better than any other drug studied. Also, I´d like to note that Proviron bound to the Anabolic Receptor better than any oral anabolic (except for the insanely toxic MethylTrienolone), having an ability to bind to the AR better then testosterone, but not as well as Nandrolone (1). Unfortunately, as we know, DHT also has a high affinity for binding to receptors in the scalp and prostate, causing some possible nasty side effects, like male pattern baldness and prostate enlargement. It´s important to remember that DHT and DHT derived compounds are used quite successfully to treat gynocomastia, and in this area, Proviron is no different.

Let´s delve into some of the positive points of this drug before we go any farther. Androgen Receptors are found in fat cells as well as muscle cells(5), and whilethey act on the AR in muscle cells to promote growth, they also act directly on the AR in fat cells to affect fat burning.(9)(3) The stronger the androgen binds to the A.R, the higher the lipolytic (fat burning) effect on adipose (fat)tissue(6)(2). As if that´s not enough good news, some steroids (notably, testosterone) even increase the numbers of A.R. in muscle and fat (9)(7). Thus, if you are taking a simple stack of proviron and testosterone, you´ll have more of the test you shoot as free testosterone floating around building muscle (compliments of the Proviron), more androgen receptors to be bound to (compliments of your testosterone) by your Proviron, thus causing more fat loss. Testosterone and Proviron are a very nice synergistic stack, pretty nearly an "ideal" stack of an oral and injectable, because both drugs will actually act to enhance the effect of the other.

So what we have here is a steroid which can basically make other steroids more effective by preventing their conversion into estrogen, as well as increasing the amount of circulating free testosterone in your body. This of course all provides a more hardened and quality look to muscles. Proviron is very much a "synergistic" drug in this respect, and it´s inclusion in any cycle would definitely make all of the other steroids perform better, and provide better gains. This is all compounded by the fact that proviron is a very lipolytic (fat-burning) drug.

Now, as if all of this weren´t enough, let´s talk about how Proviron affects your HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis)& the thing that regulates the male hormonal system. When a reasonable dose of this stuff is given (100-150mgs/day), it had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels (6). Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Leutenizing Hormone (LH) are two hormones which send a signal to your testes to produce testosterone. Good news for people considering it for PCT is that it can even raise your LH (10)! Thus, by not suppressing those hormones and maybe even raising some, your normal testosterone levels will remain intact. This points to a novel use for this compound during Post-Cycyle-Therapy for a non-suppressive "bridge" between cycles. In fact, in yet another study, administration of Proviron (basically the same dose as in the last study) produced no changes in steroids, thyroid hormones, gonadotropins nor PRL (Prolactin Levels& you want those to remain low). (8).

Unfortunately, this stuff is not too hot on it´s own. It´s a good drug for inclusion in a cycle containing testosterone and other armoatizable steroids, and it´s a good drug for a possible "bridge" between cycles. Alone, however, as an androgenic or anabolic agent, it´s effects have been very weak in both studies (9), as well as in the experience of everyone I spoke to about it. This may be due to the addition of the 1-methyl-group to DHT, which makes this stuff orally active. Whatever the case, as a stand alone anabolic or androgenic compound, it´s not too impressive.

This drug is a rare find on the American Black Market, and many Underground Labs don´t even produce it, but if you can find it, I´d say that you shouldn´t be paying more than .50cents for each 50mg tab.

studmuffin
05-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Great post.

Dick
05-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Excellent post , Proviron will always be used when cycling.

wook
05-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Can't remember the last cycle that I didn't use it...

rocky83
05-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Yeah I'm gonna have to get me some proviron!

Dick
05-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah I'm gonna have to get me some proviron!

Good choice bro.

skinny
08-15-2014, 02:56 PM
trying proviron next cycle. I like what I read in this thread. good stuff

Mountain-Man
04-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Love the stuff 100 mg ed for me

cybrsage
05-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Do you take the 100mg all at once, or do a daily split dose?

jack
05-16-2015, 08:09 AM
I used pharma grade schering proviron at 25mg ed for 6 weeks, didnt do squat for me.

I found it absolutely useless.

Maybe ill try 100mg ed. Thoughts?

Fongy
05-16-2015, 10:01 AM
I used pharma grade schering proviron at 25mg ed for 6 weeks, didnt do squat for me.

I hear what you're saying but just what exactly did you expect to feel or why did you consider it useless?

Mungus
05-16-2015, 10:47 AM

What were you running with it?

cybrsage
05-17-2015, 01:07 AM
My blood pressure and heart rate taken earlier today (I own a machine which lets me get these numbers any time I like) were 167/89 and 102bpm. Contrast this to my last doctor visit before I started taking Proviron, which was 112/76 and 94bpm. They both went up considerably. As a note, if you are going to give blood, be careful. 105bpm and higher will get you denied. I was at 105bpm and told her I had jogged over to get a little exercise in during my workday so she wrote down 104 and let me give blood. It was also a hot day, so she took that into consideration also.

This is from taking 100mg a day, divided into two 50mg doses. I am going to run 50mg a day, divided into two 25mg doses, for a week and test again to see how it changes.

craigsmith
05-17-2015, 11:06 PM
My blood pressure and heart rate taken earlier today (I own a machine which lets me get these numbers any time I like) were 167/89 and 102bpm. Contrast this to my last doctor visit before I started taking Proviron, which was 112/76 and 94bpm. They both went up considerably. As a note, if you are going to give blood, be careful. 105bpm and higher will get you denied. I was at 105bpm and told her I had jogged over to get a little exercise in during my workday so she wrote down 104 and let me give blood. It was also a hot day, so she took that into consideration also.

This is from taking 100mg a day, divided into two 50mg doses. I am going to run 50mg a day, divided into two 25mg doses, for a week and test again to see how it changes.

Why would you take it if it does that to your numbers? Sounds like your going to have a heart attack!!!

Fitdaddy74
05-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Great post. I've never run it but I'm definitely going to try it!

Mountain-Man
05-28-2015, 09:13 PM
I take 25 mg ever 4-5 hrs because of the half life

Mountain-Man
05-28-2015, 09:15 PM

I find 100 mg ed split dose the sweet spot and to get the hardness ur bf needs to be low it also frees up free test levels

lipid
06-17-2015, 08:13 PM
loved proviron. wellbeing and libido.

MaxSteel
06-24-2015, 10:30 AM
try taking 25mg about an hour before your workout..
works for me..
Im also on Primosteston 250 @ 500mg weekly, 250mg Monday and Thursday..

Beastie
11-14-2016, 04:34 AM
Do you guys still have hair on your head?

11B410thMTN
03-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Great post on a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teejey
03-21-2018, 01:31 AM
I wanna add this to my test cycle.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

teejey
07-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Just started some dragon pharma proviron.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Kuahara
01-19-2019, 05:47 AM
What can expect to see from proviron because I have heard not a whole lot of good about it just wondering if people have been running bunk stuff or it is good?

meatneck71
10-05-2019, 06:06 PM
I'm actually using it in my pct. I am so shutdown - adding hcg 500ius ed then e 3d in the 4 week pct, and will add this in my next cycle with test and var. Also, this works excellent for puffiness and bloat. It's nothing to brag about as an androgenic compound, but hpta restart, yup!

Caustic Charm
03-16-2020, 09:49 PM
A fantastic wingman to your cycle

Ickaris
04-13-2020, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the write up.

thebear
04-13-2020, 05:42 PM
Love Proviron. I cycle on and off due to it’s effect on lipids.

You can use boron as well 2 wks on/1wk off.

laedlaerd
04-13-2020, 11:23 PM
Awesome post. I live proviron @ 50mgs daily .Good stuff

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Scottbooch
04-23-2020, 02:29 AM
100mg/ day is my sweet spot. Always enjoy the science behind the gear. Cycling for years with bro science and my own experience has been costly financially and physiologically

Caustic Charm
04-23-2020, 02:34 AM
100mg/ day is my sweet spot. Always enjoy the science behind the gear. Cycling for years with bro science and my own experience has been costly financially and physiologically

I’d agree with this dosage.

Ironmind83
07-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Everything I've read seems to imply proviron is used during the cutting phase of a cycle. Has anyone ever used this during a bulk and if so how was it? I've never tried proviron personally so I'm not sure but given that it frees up testosterone in it's most applicable state I'd think you could use it during a bulk or cut. Again some of this has to be anecdotal of course but if it crushes e2 and eliminates water I'd lean back on it not being good to use during a bulk. Kinda talking myself in circles here lol.

iconpharma
07-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Everything I've read seems to imply proviron is used during the cutting phase of a cycle. Has anyone ever used this during a bulk and if so how was it? I've never tried proviron personally so I'm not sure but given that it frees up testosterone in it's most applicable state I'd think you could use it during a bulk or cut. Again some of this has to be anecdotal of course but if it crushes e2 and eliminates water I'd lean back on it not being good to use during a bulk. Kinda talking myself in circles here lol.

i use it in both to tell you the truth, 50-100mg per day does me wonder for libido, free test, lowers SHBG. all good things. its cheap, its good, works well and doesnt impact bloodwork negatively at all so if you ask me proviron is ALWAYS a good addition to pretty much every cycle or ongoing trt. it doesnt crush E2 its too weak for that and doesnt eliminate water all that mch at all its minimal at best. so dont worry, proviron has always been good for all who have used it

Wrenchhead80
07-05-2020, 12:06 AM
i use it in both to tell you the truth, 50-100mg per day does me wonder for libido, free test, lowers SHBG. all good things. its cheap, its good, works well and doesnt impact bloodwork negatively at all so if you ask me proviron is ALWAYS a good addition to pretty much every cycle or ongoing trt. it doesnt crush E2 its too weak for that and doesnt eliminate water all that mch at all its minimal at best. so dont worry, proviron has always been good for all who have used itI'm on TRT and my SHBG usually falls around 19 to 21 which I consider low since the low range number on my labs is 20.

Would someone like me benefit from it ? For normal SHBG range guys what does it lower your SHBG to out of curiosity?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

iconpharma
07-05-2020, 09:08 PM
yes it will help, it will lower SHBG and release more test to be free. dont expect miracles but i find proviron a good addition to literally anything

MarineOnGear92
07-07-2020, 04:52 PM
where can we find legit proviron ?

Mav17
07-07-2020, 11:25 PM

Check out any of the sponsors dude. Most carry proviron.

iconpharma
07-07-2020, 11:40 PM

i get it direct from pha.rmacy in europe. bayer, best quality

MarineOnGear92
07-09-2020, 12:48 PM
i figured brotha... my thing is the long ass T/D's i have a source now but the up charge is astronomical... lol you know how the game is.

MarineOnGear92
07-09-2020, 12:49 PM
that's exactly what i'm looking for bro the bayer proviron.

iconpharma
07-09-2020, 01:31 PM
that's exactly what i'm looking for bro the bayer proviron.

bayer proviron is the king, cant go wrong with it brother

stormn
07-11-2020, 03:09 AM
I don't cycle without it.

Caustic Charm
07-11-2020, 06:42 AM
bayer proviron is the king, cant go wrong with it brother

It’s the only one

Damnwideback90
09-24-2020, 05:56 PM
Proviron imo is great for any cycle makes the other compounds shine. Only ran it 1 time with sust and eq. Loved it. Starting to see it more and more

Caustic Charm
09-24-2020, 05:59 PM
Proviron imo is great for any cycle makes the other compounds shine. Only ran it 1 time with sust and eq. Loved it. Starting to see it more and more

Agreed. I’ll start on it in January. Love the way it takes off fat and makes the member hard as steel [emoji23]

thebear
09-25-2020, 12:10 PM
One of the best.
Always with test.

maxmuscle1
09-25-2020, 12:37 PM
One of the best.
Always with test.

I agree totally. Even taking a small amount of provi along with test made my free/bound testosterone blood work numbers a lot better. For me; it totally makes the difference; especially if you have been on TRT for a while and have decent total T but, lower end Free T. [emoji1690]

Max [emoji123]

Caustic Charm
09-25-2020, 07:31 PM
I agree totally. Even taking a small amount of provi along with test made my free/bound testosterone blood work numbers a lot better. For me; it totally makes the difference; especially if you have been on TRT for a while and have decent total T but, lower end Free T. [emoji1690]

Max [emoji123]

People don’t actually know what that means until they take it Max. If there are those of you reading this and haven’t taken proviron for 6 weeks or so, make it a priority. And enjoy.

maxmuscle1
09-25-2020, 07:34 PM
People don’t actually know what that means until they take it Max. If there are those of you reading this and haven’t taken proviron for 6 weeks or so, make it a priority. And enjoy.

True. [emoji108][emoji120]

Max

GeorgeDev
11-12-2020, 05:50 PM

PROVIRON has a really short half-life that is 3-5 hours if i am not mistaken. Best is to supplement spread out throughout the day. Dosing starting from 50mg rising to 100-125mg ed.

G'

Bobby38
12-20-2020, 08:43 PM

totally agree! I love it. I use decca or NPP with 50 mags proviron and a little test. It compliments what your taking.

jayhawkg
05-14-2023, 11:36 AM
How do y’all like proviron when trying to lean out? Think it helps with the Winnie and DHB?

Loomer1
05-14-2023, 03:23 PM
How do y’all like proviron when trying to lean out? Think it helps with the Winnie and DHB?

Proviron helps with pretty much any goal I've had at that point in time. I run it with every cycle. Not sure how it reacts with winny or dhb but I can pretty much guarantee it will make a difference with it. When leaning out provi and mast work wonders. Even though it's not like other gear and it's pretty much only a add in. I have to say it's my favorite compound.

MrWhisper
05-29-2023, 03:48 PM
Proviron helps with pretty much any goal I've had at that point in time. I run it with every cycle. Not sure how it reacts with winny or dhb but I can pretty much guarantee it will make a difference with it. When leaning out provi and mast work wonders. Even though it's not like other gear and it's pretty much only a add in. I have to say it's my favorite compound.

I agree with this 100%!

Devil1
08-28-2023, 10:01 AM
I need to quit stalling and order some.

Glock
08-29-2023, 03:45 AM
I need to quit stalling and order some.

You definitely do!! After seeing the results I achieved with the Proviron I got from Pomps I'm never running another cycle without it

TheHammerX
10-13-2023, 04:09 PM

I started taking a very moderate 25 mg’s a day a few weeks ago and have had very noticeable anti estrogen effects

ive never used it as a constant staple but I think I will use it more often now especially if running tren or deca