PDA

View Full Version : nicotine and insulin

350zsidewayzz
05-26-2017, 12:49 AM
now i realize why whenever i used to smoke or dip which i did rarely, my muscles would seem to get a tiny bit flatter. this has to be because nicotine causes insulin resistance. and since insulin is required to shuttle nutrients into the cell, and is an anabolic hormone, then obviously nicotine use leads to less recovery and nutrient partitioning.

another reason not to use.

Thappy
05-26-2017, 01:05 AM
you are overthinking 100%

stephen220
05-27-2017, 11:37 PM
Nicotine does hinder gains I believe at least smoking and dipping I think it's more because it's an appetite suppressant. I notice when I quit I gain muscle faster and eat a lot more. I'm only vaping now which is helping me quit. This will be my third time I don't know how I ever get started back up again.

350zsidewayzz
05-28-2017, 12:39 AM
Nicotine does hinder gains I believe at least smoking and dipping I think it's more because it's an appetite suppressant. I notice when I quit I gain muscle faster and eat a lot more. I'm only vaping now which is helping me quit. This will be my third time I don't know how I ever get started back up again.

i agree w that. more lethargic when i dip or smoke. i think in a way, since the brain is plastic, when u dont use nicotine, it will rewire to get a bit of a dopamine release from being able to finally eat meals and know ur hitting ur calories and macros easier than before. at least thats how it feels for me. kind of in the same fashion as when u get over an addiction ur apathetic for a bit and then the normal sober life becomes more stimulating eventually.

BamaBoyPat
05-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Have there been studies that link nicotine use to insulin sensitivity? I recently started dipping again but I haven't noticed a change in anything body wise except my appetite which nicotine will suppress. I always dipped to drop excess water weight lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Loose Cannon
05-28-2017, 05:05 AM
Have there been studies that link nicotine use to insulin sensitivity? I recently started dipping again but I haven't noticed a change in anything body wise except my appetite which nicotine will suppress. I always dipped to drop excess water weight lol.

i chew a can of cope a day brother i dont think your dropping any water weight from chewing lol

350zsidewayzz
05-28-2017, 06:16 AM

i just read it can lead to insulin resistance. so there has to be something going on on a minor level every time u dip. and shit. i just notice when i smoke or dip i have less glycogen retention and feel a bit smaller and figured it might be related but im just theorizing.

this shit ddefinitely effects my thyroid tho so maybe im just overly sensitive to it

this was with smokers idk if its the same with dip.
Nicotine and Insulin Resistance: When the Smoke Clears (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3501863/) im sure theres plenty out there

heres one more on tobacco in general idk if it means it includes smokeless id assume it does
Tobacco and metabolic syndrome (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263202/)

BamaBoyPat
05-28-2017, 06:05 PM
i chew a can of cope a day brother i dont think your dropping any water weight from chewing lol
Lol well I didn't mean significant water weight maybe a pound at the most for a quick weigh in for wrestling. My dad used to give it to me on the way to my meets.

Zoneboss
05-28-2017, 11:23 PM
I have quit and started back, and quit and started back, several times at one time I quit for over three years them got divorced started back. But my gains have never suffered either way but when I do quit my appetite increase dramatically for a while and then levels back off again.